Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

All the hot women in this hobby ...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

All the hot women in this hobby ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All the hot women in this hobby ...

I wonder where Tam is on this.... Oh, He has all dancing girls in his shop...,, My Bad.. Maybe he could start the Green Bottle Green Back girls..
Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ROFL
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Paul_BB

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Airplanes400,
This is rc universe not match.com?? [:-] who cares what women think about this hobby?? its for us not them?? they go shopping and have their nails and toes done, get their hair done or a facial, botox, massage...whatever!! WHO CARES!!!!! we are at the field having fun flying our jets and chewing the fat with our buds.
Vin...
Yeah, it's the only place where we can relax and have some good time without any woman to interfere.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Given the fact that most members at our club are retirement age, I would rather their wives stick with the tupperware parties and stay away. Some how the thought of a 60 something in a thong bikini is not only discouraging, but might make me take up basket weaving.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
blueapplepaste
My Feedback: (5)

I'll probably get flack for this, but I know a big reason is that I imagine a lot of women aren't into it is because too many of the guys that are in this hobby are creepers, perverts, and sexist jerks. I'm not saying all, but enough to turn women off.

When I first started dating my financee, she was interested in my planes b/c it was something she had never really seen or heard of, at least other than those cheap air-hogs planes from the toy store. So I took her out to the field one day - it was a disaster. Some of the guys there were rude about the fact that there was a women at the field (and not subtle about letting their thoughts be known), one guy whistled at her a few times, others just kept staring and all around it was a terrible experience for her and for me.

Another time I swung by the LHS to pick up some stuff while we were out doing errands, and similar thing happened at the LHS. Enough of the guys there were jerks and creepers that it made her uncomfortable.

Are all guys like this? Absolutely not, but enough of them were to leave a bad taste in her mouth towards the hobby. Even after all of that, she was still interested in the hobby itself, but she said she never wanted to go to the LHS or the flying field again. So I bought her a park flyer electric for her to learn on that we can fly at the local school yard together these days.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people just don't know when to leave well

enough alone.

"If it ain't Broke Don't Try to Fix It"

Some People Don't Know When They Have It Good.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Pegasus

"I'll probably get flack for this, but I know a big reason is that I imagine a lot of women aren't into it is because too many of the guys that are in this hobby are creepers, perverts, and sexist jerks. I'm not saying all, but enough to turn women off. "

Hey,,,,,, I resemble that!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

You are in the wrong country! I have been to R/C events in most Latin American countries - there is never a shortage of families,
wives and girlfriends. May be it has to do with the facilities - the main field in Buenos Aires Argentina has a full size C-47
at the entrance, Inside is a park with grass, trees, tables, etc., a real restaurant with hot food (NOT hot dogs & hamburgers) and real bathrooms.
Here in the only facilities are the nearest tree.
I'm somewhht out of touch now. At one time, there were three young sisters in Costa Rica flying R/C. Then, there is Debora
Cadelli in Argentina, the best female R/C helicopter flyer in the world. She is the only girl that ever flew during the exhibitions at the TOC.
If you have old Model Builder and RCM magazines, look at the covers that I brought back!
But, as some already said, maybe it is not the planes that keep them away.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That video of the models standing with the planes was very nice. But those girls were only with the planes for the photo shoot, and because they were getting paid. I bet none of them know anything about R/C planes, or even saw the plane before posing with it. Soooo, they would not be showing up at the field to fly them, especially not in their bikini ... although I know it's usually hot enough in the summer to justify the girls wearing bikinis.

It is nice to have the 'me' time at the field while being away from the wife or girlfriend. But I'm talking about other girls/women who are not your wife or girlfriend and are actually interested in the hobby, and going to the field. There are very, very few of them... nearly -0%

I'd like to see some smokin' hot women in this hobby. Women that look like the models we see in the magazine ads who pose with the planes ... That's what I'm talking about! Women who can rock that little black dress and actually have an interest in this hobby, and can fly R/C planes. Wish those types of women would be interested in the hobby! How do we get them to sign up?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 AM
blueapplepaste

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

I'd like to see some smokin' hot women in this hobby. Women that look like the models we see in the magazine ads who pose with the planes ... That's what I'm talking about! Women who can rock that little black dress and actually have an interest in this hobby, and can fly R/C planes. Wish those types of women would be interested in the hobby! How do we get them to sign up?
And this is why virtually none of them will every show any interest.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

But those beautiful women have an interest in sports ... football, hockey ... even basketball. Why not this hobby? Is it because we don't make 10+ million dollars a year? Aren't our planes / jets expensive enough?

I see more women at bowling alleys than I do in this hobby.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Flyerjoe
My Feedback: (9)

I have flown in many parts of the US and during that time I was single, married, single and married. I dated more that one lady at time, while single both times, and they all knew I was not only a R/C pilot (giant scale aerobatics), I also flew as PIC in singles and twins. They knew I was also an accomplished acoustic and electric guitar player in three bands currently. Plus an artist that paints and draws whatever catches my eye. I work as in sales and travel the US for my customers and here's what I have done an seen.

As a single guy the girls were part of whatever I was doing because I made the time both fun and memorable. My "girls" were always treated with respect and the only times I would lose my cool was when a crash occurred for a stupid reason. When i was married the first time my wife accepted my hobbies because that was who I was. Certainly when my first marriage broke I stayed single for 10 years and built my business, flew models and piloted many full scale aircraft. All the while dating girls from all over the US and where I made my home. During the time when I met my present wife, I stopped dating and spent my time and money building a solid relationship with my girl that became my wife. She also accepted the fact that R/C, full scale, music, art and enjoying life was what made me who I am. I made her part of all those things. Sure not having bathrooms for a lady at the various fields was not enjoyed, and watching me build a model was for her like watching grass grow. The music and the art was interesting and I did more of that to make sure she was open to coming to the field or talking with me while built a model. I don't know about you but having the girl you love and the model your going to love in the same room has its points.

My wife and I have now been married for 14 years and we have flown to many parts of the south. We have a beautiful daughter that is 13 and she flies with my as my copilot. I go to model events and my wife is my caller and my pit crew. She can't play an instrument or sing a lick, but she can and does help me make sure I can. So the point of this is to say women are welcomed to be at any event, fly any event, build any airplane or helicopter. Women are not second class and do not deserve to be treated with disrespect. I can tell you this I don't know a guy that got into the world with first being part of a woman.

Nubbs.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: blueapplepaste

Another time I swung by the LHS to pick up some stuff while we were out doing errands, and similar thing happened at the LHS. Enough of the guys there were jerks and creepers that it made her uncomfortable.
I agree 100% with u... just take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjeGM7-eSE
Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
ottertail7
My Feedback: (18)

You rc guys are a bunch of pocket protector, bogger pickin nerds. What hot babe in her right mind would want to hang out with you geeks anyway.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Paul_BB

ORIGINAL: ottertail7

You rc guys are a bunch of pocket protector, bogger pickin nerds. What hot babe in her right mind would want to hang out with you geeks anyway.
This is the truth !Hard to admit but perfectly true. Somewhere deep inside our being we are a bunch of nerds.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM
TBONE6

ORIGINAL: Paul_BB

This is the truth !Hard to admit but perfectly true. Somewhere deep inside our being we are a bunch of nerds.
Yea but no nerdy hotties at the field either
Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
TBONE6

[img]NORA[/img]
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 PM
TBONE6

ORIGINAL: TBONE6

[img]NORA[/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94990.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1653074  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have yet another story. I was probably about 17 and the year was probably 1976. A guy in our club brought his completely WAY smokin' daughter out to the flying field and wanted me to let her try to fly a trainer. She was 15 or 16. I had probably not yet even kissed a girl and was raging with hormones. I took the trainer up and got her hands on the sticks. She was as bad as you would expect. So I got behind her, wrapped my arms around her so that I could place my thumbs on hers in the guise of helping to show her what to do. That was a memorable moment for me.

I wonder if she thought that was a 2.4 GHz antenna poking her in the lower back????
Old 08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I wonder if she thought that was a 2.4 GHz antenna poking her in the lower back????
Kinda like the princess and the pea.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Speak for yourself there buck-o!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

As I posted earlier, presentation. If you want young hotties, then the younger males need to get interested in this hobby. Nothing like a bunch of upper middle aged guys trying to hold in their guts while flying. Maybe try working out and getting yourself attractive and they will follow.

Richard
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DAN REISS

There's one right beside me. We've been married since 1974. I know it's not a center fold, but its been 37 years of support. Dan.
Plus One Dan. 37 years for me this year as of July 20th. Ha.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
All Day Dan

Congratulations hooker. Dan.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

I belong to two flying clubs and neither is attractive to women, the seats are old and raggedy, there is no toilet but portables, and now in the summer it is 110 degrees in the shade.
That is why women dont come. But who needs them at the field? We go there to fly, have a good time with friends and use foul language if we want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.