Thunder Tiger Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
The MacDaddy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Fuel Line

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone knows how to buy the fuel line, in bulk weather in feet or the whole spool, that comes inside TT's fuel tanks on helis? It's real thin and very flexible..... clear tint.

RJM
Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Fuel Line

MacDaddy/RJM,
have a look at the stuff HobbyLobby sells for fuel line, I'll bet its the same type of line that you are talking about. Its a smaller diameter that the 'medium' regular size glow fuel line that Dubro sells, but its a lot stretchier and clear.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/8_feet_si..._1065_prd1.htm

The only bad thing I found when using this stuff is that its too limber and had a bad tendency to double back on itself. I dont use it anymore and stay with the Dubro line.

John
Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 AM
The MacDaddy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Fuel Line

Reason is, I'm putting togethere a Hobbico Twin Star and it has really really really small 4 oz tanks. The distance from the brass pick up tube in the stopper to the back of the tank is so short, the standard dubro and even better pinkish prather line is so stiff the clunk will not fall to the bottom of the tank..... My thought was the TT line, while it might soften quickly and suck shut, it's very thin and flexible. I wouldn't mind replacing it often if it means I get longer than a 3-4 minute flight on the TwinStar!

Thanks for the link.

Mac