Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Whats up with this crap?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Whats up with this crap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Whats up with this crap?

ORIGINAL: jetster81

Written by who?

+4

+5

Have had mine since 2005 and not one single issue with it..Probably right up there with the "best money I ever spent" club..
Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dubd

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Mac, natural selection at its best...

PC sales are in the decline, but Mac sales are up above and beyond every PC manufacturer... so yes, natural selection at its best, but it depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Hilarious, and your market share did shoot up to what? 8%? The force is shifting for Apple. Steve just quit as head today.

Gerry
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Mac, natural selection at its best...

PC sales are in the decline, but Mac sales are up above and beyond every PC manufacturer... so yes, natural selection at its best, but it depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Hilarious, and your market share did shoot up to what? 8%? The force is shifting for Apple. Steve just quit as head today.

Gerry
What is this "your" business. I own the same number of PCs as I do Macs. As a manufacturer, they have positive computer sales, where almost everyone has negative growth.

Steve Jobs resignation will have little product impact. Cook has been running Apple for awhile.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for firefox, blocks all pop-ups [8D]
Old 08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

norton and mcaffee are pretty much useless, i use AVG and it works great and its free
Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
619RC

Ok
Make sure to do these in safe mode and all of the below is free.
1: Download AVG > run it
2: Download Malware > run it
3: Download Spybot > run it

How did it go ?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
619RC

Buy a Mac ?? why do i want a toy who is only allowed to play in certain arenas ??

Also riddle me this....there expensive bc why ?? The ram, HDrive, Processor, mother board and screen are not made by Apple, there made by companies who also make parts for PC...2nd MACS BREAK, SLOW DOWN like PCs do. I have had a PC and a MAC for the longest and no issue with both but guess what i use the PC more bc i have to use the programs on there
Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: 619RC

Buy a Mac ?? why do i want a toy who is only allowed to play in certain arenas ??

Also riddle me this....there expensive bc why ?? The ram, HDrive, Processor, mother board and screen are not made by Apple, there made by companies who also make parts for PC...2nd MACS BREAK, SLOW DOWN like PCs do. I have had a PC and a MAC for the longest and no issue with both but guess what i use the PC more bc i have to use the programs on there

You should just stop, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. A MacBook Pro is about the same price as a high end Dell or Sony laptop... yes, even some PC users want a computer with good industrial design. Go look at the computers that prominent developers in Silicon Valley are using. Chances are it's a MacBook Pro. You should step out of 1997.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Get a Mac.

And pay 3 times the price of a PC
Old 08-25-2011, 03:49 AM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

What is it?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:55 AM
AsiaSRC

PC can't 'find' rcu server anymore?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I love how people say buy a MAC....

If I bought a MAC I still would put windows on it either in a Parallel or Boot Camp. 99% of my application only run on the windows platform. The 1% is my wife SIMS 3 which can run on Windows/MAC.

I love MACs but I have no need for them, other than iTunes and surfing the web, for me that would be a waist of money.

Run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware. Run these in safe mode (tap F8 repeatedly when you reboot your computer and select the first safe mode).

Again I love Macs but for me it would be a big expensive storage/net only computer. I would not be able to run my application on it.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

One of the best things you can do to any computor is to manage your own cookies, this is the little file websites add to your computor, some you want and some you dont.

First you need to wipe all the cookies that are already there (somewhere in tools, options, privacy)

Then Un tick the accept third party cookies box in firefox or in IE set the override cookies handling to prompt.
Bit of a pain mainly at the start as each time you visit a website the box will come up asking if you want to allow the cookie. You will be surprised on some sites how many cookies come up that have nothing at all to do with the site your on.

I have been doing this for years now and don't get any, virus, tracking cookies or pop up problems anymore.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
619RC

Uhhh no, see i build iPhone apps and use a MAC and PC using VMware. My HP laptop has the same features as the 15" pro but i didnt pay the $1799 price tag that Apple wanted. And you need to do your homowrk bc Sony is crap and is the super model of the PC world by charging up the ***** for looks.

I should have been more specific and yes up north from us (San Diego) they use MACs...but for editing, movies, music and others...but the city doesnt use them, banks dont, police department dont, airlines dont, schools,...etc etc, catch my drift, MACs are toys and on a side note i use my MAC for Photoshop.

Plus it does help that Apple is located in Cupertino and thats why there used allot, like GM in Detroit.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:43 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

its spyware not rcgroups..get a good spyware program.In fact get more than one they are free and some do better than others.and make sure its updated frequently..I have microsoft and I have webroot. dont bother with norton if its an older pc.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 AM
cloudancer03

as for what brand pc.some think only a mac is the one.ehhhh!!!! eventually my laptop will give way to a Ipad or android .just like desktops going the route of dinosauers so will laptops.unless your a heavy gamer or do stuff like accounting or techical stuff.for my needs an Ipad type unit will be ample to surf the internet.this tecnology is forever in a state of change.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 AM
cloudancer03

ugh..I think I meant that different applications will dictate your need for a desktop or a laptop.but for generalists like myself a laptop works well but eventually I know I'll get a small tablet type or Ipad..
Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: 619RC
Plus it does help that Apple is located in Cupertino and thats why there used allot, like GM in Detroit.
Wrong. Many developers use Macs because we prefer them. I am referring the developers at Google, Netflix, Facebook, Zynga, LinkedIn, etc.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:20 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

When I use to sell computers I would always have someone come in and say my first just buy a MAC and my problems will be solved. My first question would be

1. What do you use your computer for other than Internet and emailing?

2nd question

2. Do you use any specialized software other than what is preloaded onto a computer?

3rd question

3. What are you looking to spend for a computer?

Based on those three questions, "I" was able to decided if the customer needs a PC, Mac , or Mac with windows installed on it.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Gooseman240

Get a Mac.
Wrong answer!! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Gooseman240

Bang on the money!!

Should be noted, techies use "ALL FLAVORS OF OS'S" (MAC, Windows, Linux, Unix, etc)

I know quiet a few that use all, and have a central personal file server for all photos, & docs that can be accessed via any computer on the home network.

Fact is, they each have their selling points and advantages that make not one product that will do everything. Though you can use one (Linux) and modify it to hell with software packages to do everything for.... well.... free!! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: Gooseman240

Bang on the money!!

Should be noted, techies use ''ALL FLAVORS OF OS'S'' (MAC, Windows, Linux, Unix, etc)

I know quiet a few that use all, and have a central personal file server for all photos, & docs that can be accessed via any computer on the home network.

Fact is, they each have their selling points and advantages that make not one product that will do everything. Though you can use one (Linux) and modify it to hell with software packages to do everything for.... well.... free!! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Yep, that is why I use both, but prefer one over the other.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Sport_Pilot

Microsoft Security Essentials is free. Though without some features it does not slow down the computer as much as most and removes everything, or at least everything I know about. I have never seen that one so I guess it worked on that one.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

As the OP, and for those curious... I'm using the paid version of ESET Nod32 4 Antivirus. Never had any problems before, and I have not had any problems since the one instance. The problem occured when RCU was having page error problems in the RCU marketplace.

Didn't think this would turn into a which is better thread.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Gooseman240

You may have gotten this from RCU, you may have not. I believe there would be a lot more complaints as the techies would definitely be pointing fingers.

At this point, based on your description, you must have gotten the bug else where.

Sorry joining the banter that steered this thread away from your original topic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.