Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

OMP Fusion 67" turning/drop wing problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Ken Cz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Fusion 67" turning/drop wing problem

I sent a PM to OMP but did not get a response so I am trying here and hope someone can help-

" Been having a real problem with my 67in Fusion dropping the LH wing on normal aileron LH turn.
Just seems hard to get it to come around and then all of sudden it drops to almost a knife edge and finally turns - kinda scary as it feels like it may roll inverted.

I have adjusted CG to 8.0 in, added lead to LH wing for lateral balance (now perfect), adjusted aileron throws downward to less than recommended and went from 0 to 30 on aileron expo and nothing seems to help.
Right now I don't like the way it flys and wonder if it is something in my set-up.

Would moving the CG farther forward help this? How about Aileron differential?
I am not much of 3d Flyer and mostly prefer standard aerobatic type of flying.

Any ideas for addtional items I can check, change or revise?

Thanks!
Ken"
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: OMP Fusion 67

How heavy is it? Loose control linkage? Missing a tooth on the aileron servo gears? How about a video.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Ken Cz

ORIGINAL: ThumbSkull

How heavy is it? Loose control linkage? Missing a tooth on the aileron servo gears? How about a video.

I'll weight it tonight but it is pretty much a standard build with a OS 120 Pumped 4 stroke. All metal gear HItec Servos. 2100mAh Life Battery in LH wing pocket plus switch.

Aileron servos are brand new Hitec digital high torque metal gear and work fine - smooth and powerful - no ratcheting.
I'll double check the linkage again this evening.
Sorry - no vid equpment.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Any updates Ken?

Definately an unusual problem you are describing. Other than lateral inbalance or servo/linkage issues I can't think of what would be causing your problem.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Ken Cz

Mike,
Thank You for the reply and interest.
I ended up adding 1 3/4 oz of lead to the nose (in the handy built-in compartment) and added 20% aileron differential and lowered my 'low rate throws'.

In my opinion if flew better.
Aileron turns were much imporved, it did not have the tendency to drop the wing and the tail was not hanging down nearly as much as before during straight horiz. flight.
In additon, I was able to make landings on the mains rather than a 'tail-down' 3 point landing on all 3 wheels
Since I am primarily interested in general aerobatics and not 3D this seem to be a better condition for me.

I am also going to go back and verify my lateral balance just to be sure.
I suspended the Fusion on 25# test fishing line placed under one of the lower rudder hinge points and at the front around the engine shaft so I believe I got an accuarate reading but I want to check it agian to be sure I did not error.

Last time I flew the Fusion I really enjoyed it much more so I think I am on the right track.

Thanks-
Ken