Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

JR 11X ZERO SERVO GOING MAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 AM
francois118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 11X ZERO SERVO GOING MAD

I have placed this post also in the JR radio section, but I hope somebody here can put some light on the matter.

Please help, I nearly fainted.

I was flying my Axiome EP pattern plane 2 weeks back and got the scare of a lifetime. First my setup is JR DS8401 on rudder and I am using the 11X Zero with the last version update installed.

I have a curve mix for throttle to rudder at starting at just after 3/4 (point 1= -1 point 2=-2 and at full -3) throttle. Just after takeoff on straight and level the plane dropped a wing severely, I cut throttle and landed immediately, knees shaking.

what I found last night is that on the point of the mix(3/4) the rudder servo goes mad, full deflection to both sides. luckily while flying I went back on throttle and all servos worked fine again.I replaced the servo, same problem, all other surfaces are normal. Did a new setup on a clean memory (maby a unnoticed new mix) same problem.

I inh. the above mix and the problem dissappeared instantly, put it on again same problem. I had expo on the curve, I then went and put the expo off and the problem dissappeared again , put expo on and the problem is back. I do not understand this. Why ??????

Thank you
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JR 11X ZERO SERVO GOING MAD

Seems the way you describe it it is a software problem, I will COntact JR or Horizon if I were you.

Good you saved your Axiome.

Best regards

Alejandro P.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the GLID configuration there are differences between the JR11X Zero and the 11X 2.4 sold by Horizon in the North America. Whether there are differences in the ACRO, I’m not sure. I tried what I thought was your set up on my 11X 2.4 and did not find any wild servo deflections. The servo acted correctly with both the expo on and off. I tried it both with the default setting (THRO+) that included the mixes of TRIM, THRO HOLD, and THRO CURVE and with the throttle not having any included mixes (THRO#). The curve points were: P-L (IN = 0, OUT = 0), P-1 (IN = 75, OUT = -1), P-2 (IN = 87, OUT = -2), and P-H (IN = 100, OUT = -3). I hope these were your settings. The amount of rudder deflection even at full throttle was almost undetectable.

I used a JR8411 as I don’t own a JR8401. One thing that caught my eye was that when exp is on, the curve in the mix screen had a small positive spike between P-2 and P-H. However, neither the MONITOR screen nor observing the servo movement was there any indication of the spike.

One thing to watch for is that the THRO STK select switch on the bottom of the screen is INH. If it is not, you will be jumping from the POS0 curve to the POS1 as the throttle stick passes the select point.

Allan

Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree that it sounds like a software issue.

Does this silliness show up in the servo monitor screen on the TX as well as at the servo?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
francois118

Allan,

I will take screen shots of my settings toninght. I flew this weekend same settings excluding the expo and all was well.

If it cannot be sorted out I am going to contact JR for sure.

Regards
Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 AM
francois118

Screen shots
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38996.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1658891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87276.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	1658892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99191.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1658893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30282.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	1658894  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the settings in your picture and as before I didn’t have any rudder movement at the 75% throttle. The only thing is that setting point-2 at 82 rather than 87 made the program mix curve on my transmitter appear worst. Fortunately that curve doesn’t reflect the actual rudder movement.

MacGregor’s manual for the 11X Zero describing how points can be set on the curve program mix does not exactly conform to my 11X 2.4 operation. It could be an error in the manual or it may mean that our transmitters’ programming for the ACRO curve mix differ. If it is the latter, I’m not sure I can be of much help.

Another thought just occurred to me is that your transmitter uses a digital throttle trim while mine has an analog trim. There could be something in how you have your throttle set up that is different from mine causing the rudder discontinuity. Do you have a throttle hold or trim activated? These suggestions are shots in the dark. You might try changing your throttle-to-rudder mix to exclude any included mixes, i.e., #THRO -> RUDD and turn on the expo.

I would be interested in knowing what is causing your problem.

Allan

Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

I think you need to put in front of throttle the symbol #. This has been the way for JR to make sure that other is the slave when you mix. I am not sure how you do this in the 11X but there should be a way to do it. In my 12X when you select the channel you have the option to select the one with #.

VB