Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

REDCAT Ground Pounder ESC ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 AM
soldier5050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REDCAT Ground Pounder ESC ?

What is a good ESC to use for my Ground Pounder . First time I have had problems with this truck since Ibought it in June! So what is a better quality ESCto use for it ?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM
kelynsdad1023

Default RE: REDCAT Ground Pounder ESC ?

I've heard people say the traxxas vxl 5 works in it but I can"t say for sure ....I too burned out my stock ESC a few months ago and haven't gotten a replacement yet .
Old 08-21-2011, 06:49 PM
soldier5050

Yes a guy here told me about that . It was a Traxxas VXL 5 which Iam sure it is awesome since it was made by Traxxas.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 PM
masterhacker1989

I avoid traxxas esc/motors if possible, ive had nothing but problems with em. isnt the ground pounder sposed to kinda be a crawler? if so i would look into a crawler esc
Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 AM
soldier5050

I have had a Traxxas for months now and never had any problems . Even the people at Crawford Electronics recommend the VXL5 so must be pretty good . And no I would not compare the GP to a Crawler but that is me Iguess . The GP is a tough truck and ever since Ichanged out the gear and pinion gear the truck is really unstopable . Before with the plastic gear it would slip . Just needed to upgrade from there factory junk from China!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What you are looking for the the XL5 not the VXL5. You want the blue ESC that comes out of the brushed trucks. They can be found for around $20-25 over on the traxxas forums.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yep, the xl-5 speed control is simple a works well. whether you run the stock motor or a modified, the xl-5 will handle it. it can also handle a higher voltage battery(if you want more speed)

you can get xl-5's for $25-$40 used on ebay.

it doesnt hurt to get the newer waterproof ones either.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
soldier5050

I do not think I would buy used ESC but thanks ! Idid the warranty through Redcat now they want the used **** part back so that costs me again. Blew my motor on my Traxxas Slash after 4 months they sent it out with out any question d, doubt and took 2 days to arrive Redcat takes 1 month and your lucky if you have it ......... Redcat TRUCKSSUCK****!!!!!!

Anyone want REDCATGROUNDPOUNDER Blue one and Ialso have a Amsoil truck . Also have 2 Calderas for sale . Tired of Redcats ****!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: soldier5050]Anyone want REDCATGROUNDPOUNDER Blue one and Ialso have a Amsoil truck . Also have 2 Calderas for sale . Tired of Redcats ****!!
Iwould think, by now, you'd be tired of coming on this forum and bashing the trucks, too.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:42 AM
soldier5050

nope not yet ! I guess when the trucks stop breaking down every other day then maybe then .
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 AM
soldier5050

It is pretty funny thefolks over at Crawford Preformance Engineering recommends putting on a Traxxass ESC other than keep putting the one that Redcat sends out . Because it is garbage !!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM
rootbeerslop

I am totally learning the hard way... I thought the Caldera was going to be totally bad ***.
I would say it is, if I could get it running... only had it a week, and less than 1 hour of runtime...

To others reading these posts that want us to stop complaining... no way... not until they start treating their customers right and / or making products that work when you get them.

I spent my hard earned money on this thing... and they don't give 2 $its. Bad Business....
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
soldier5050

Looks are (Deceiving) my friend ..

I was told don't Iget tired of bashing REDCAT , well no I do not . Here is WHY!

1. Get better quality parts
2. Get better customer care
3.Hire someone that knows something (GOODLUCK)
4. Buy Traxxas! (That is not a why it is a Preference)

This is a board for comunication right ! I am only saying what is trueI am not bashing , I leave that to my SLASH. I was told buy cheap get cheap . But buy the time send this in that in change this to that well it is worth a lot more than what it retails for ...

Looks are Decieving - to mislead by a false appearance .............................

Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Just thought I would throw my two cents in here. The Associated ESC is 100 times better than the Traxxas one. If you run the same motors and same batteries in the same cars, the one with the Associated ESC will be twice as fast as the one with the traxxas ESC. The Associated ESC is engineered way better to deliver all the power to the motor. Just throwing that out there as food for thought.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
rootbeerslop

Thank you. I just want to get this Caldera working more than anything. I've only gotten about a hour out of it, and hit brick walls when it comes to fixing the issue.

Delving into the forums is a bit overwhelming, but necessary if I'm ever to get a real grasp on "what's what."

Right now I'm thinking of getting the Digital Remote / receiver and hopefully that will get me going... plus I could add vehicles.

I'll stick with the stock components until they fail, and I need something better. I'm getting lots of recommendations for upgrades, but the idea was this was a "budget" vehicle.
For the Servo.. I've been warned that the brass servo will flake.. and then short out the ESC and other things... What's your take on that?

Thanks again !!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 AM
soldier5050

that is why we come to a board for help not people acting like o man mine never breaks down must be how you run it , fools fools ! Go over to the Traxxas forum or even HPI never anyone acting like this . We want help not lip !

Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 AM
soldier5050

here we go again got my esc from the Redcat company . And now my reciever went out . WOW! But I am being policed so I better shut up I guess.... Must have been my fault ..I beat the reciever ... Thought this was a free country to say what was on ones mind but was told it is not . All I want is help . Don't worry already have a upgrade radio/reciever coming , I knwe it was coming so was getting prepared for this . Redcat should sell there trucks without electronics ?? That would be the best for them and us as a buyer . Then we can add what ever we want to the truck ... Well better stop before I get in more trouble .....................YES SIR!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 AM
rootbeerslop

That might actually be a good idea