Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Models Extra 300s

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Phoenix Models Extra 300s

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
hungryandbroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Models Extra 300s

Phoenix Models Extra 300s ARF

What is the actual weight of this plane using an OS 46AX on it. The notes say 3 1/2 lbs but I think they are wrong.

What engine did you use on yours if you have one?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Phoenix Models Extra 300s

hello hungry and broke,
i had thev pheniox extra 300s. i used a os 46 ax with pits muffler. mine came in right around 5.75 pounds. the plane had plenty of
performance and vertical was really good. i unfortunately lost this plane to dumb thumbs. not the planes fault. was a nice flyer and
slowed down a lot more than expected on landing approaches. have fun with it its a great plane.
andrew wisc.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
hungryandbroke

Thanks for replying

I have an os 46ax ready for mine hoping it will get the job done. I don't need unlimited verticals so maybe it will.

I'm wondering if the os 46ax stock muffler will work. havent received my plane yet...on its way
Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

you may need to put an extension on for stock muffler to clear fuse. not sure. i used pitts to keep in cowl and i didnt have to clean
much oil off.the pitts is definetly louder if that is a consern. performance should be about same either way. you will want to check and or replace pushrods as mine were brittle. i used hardwood dowels from ace hardware and made my own.als replaced clevises
with better. hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions be glad to help any way i can. andrew wisc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62011.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	845286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20290.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	845287  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
NIpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Five and three quarters sounds about right. I had one with a Magnum 52 4 stroker and it wasn't a real hotrod vertically but the 4 stroke pulled good and it was a real hoot to fly. Good bang for the buck. I was messing around one day really low and got inverted flat spin and by time I recovered I barely missed the ground but not to worry..........the tree beyond the ground stopped it dead in its tracks! Oops! Hate it when I kill an innocent plane. OS 46 should power it nicely.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 PM
hungryandbroke

I just got mine today. Might be a little while before I get around to the engine muffler situation. I take my time and enjoy what I am doing when I have a new project. I have a long ways before summer rolls around but I think I will really like the plane.

I'll get back with ya all and let ya know how it goes.

Thanks a lot for helping me out so far.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
tonywayne

Im thinking about getting this for my 46 fx. or putting a saito 62a in it. Whats your guys all up weight? I heard this plane builds lighter than it used to as it was a heavy model.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:45 AM
tonywayne

Well mine is OTW. Ill be useing my 46fx and try to fit my jett muffler on it. I know ill have to cut the fuse but i hope it will clear the wing saddel. Any build tips or flight reports?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM
tonywayne

bump
Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
sugarlando
My Feedback: (1)

I used os 46 ax with stock muffler on my phoenix extra 300s. The muffler actually pushes hard on the fuse, and makes aminor dent where the muffler pushes fuse. It is a tightfit - yes,but it works ok for me, so I did not use the extension.
One thing I noticed about this plane is that she becomesunstable and shows dangerous signs of bad habit at low speed. She will be just fine and willfly great as long as you maintain reasonable speed, except when you are perfectly level for landing. Enjoy!!!