Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New site...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:58 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New site...

So i came across this website I have never seen before.http://www.fuyuanrc.com/en/Has anyone ever been here and ordered stuff? prices look pretty cheap. Is quality good? What about shipping? and are they a reliable source?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New site...

It looks like the same crap that all the other asian importers of cheap crap peddle to ThunderbirdJunkie.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa, this site has an ass load of stuff... and some really great prices. Yeah, it's Chinese, but so what. $14 pair of machined aluminum shocks... cant beat it. I am definitely bookmarking this one.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
cumminspower5.9

Maybe it is cheap products, but you never really know if a company is selling cheap or quality stuff until you try. TBJ, have you tried any of their products?? you said they offered you stuff so im wondering if you accepted the offer?

I'm not planning on buying a lot of hop up stuff from there, maybe some rims. they dont have a big tire selection for my bandit. but rims are cheap lol. tires and rims are what i go through most
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Maybe it is cheap products, but you never really know if a company is selling cheap or quality stuff until you try. TBJ, have you tried any of their products?? you said they offered you stuff so im wondering if you accepted the offer?

I'm not planning on buying a lot of hop up stuff from there, maybe some rims. they dont have a big tire selection for my bandit. but rims are cheap lol. tires and rims are what i go through most
No one offered him anything.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie never said these guys offered him anything, and looking at what they sell, it looks like the same crap that Himoto, Hobbypartz, and Redcat sell, so he wouldn't take the stuff if it was free.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I buy American
Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

It looks like the same crap that all the other asian importers of cheap crap peddle to ThunderbirdJunkie.
+1 I'd rather pay a little bit more and support a shop in the US with good service. If I have a problem I don't want to talk to someone who can barely speak English.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Whoa, this site has an ass load of stuff... and some really great prices. Yeah, it's Chinese, but so what. $14 pair of machined aluminum shocks... cant beat it. I am definitely bookmarking this one.
Hmmmm....

Don't bother with the Chinese garbage. Buy him a Duratrax Evader BX... parts are abundant, and the car itself is not too different than a xxx-b or t4.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10701885/tm.htm
post #4
Old 09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Hmmmm....

Don't bother with the Chinese garbage. Buy him a Duratrax Evader BX... parts are abundant, and the car itself is not too different than a xxx-b or t4.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10701885/tm.htm
post #4
I'm not apposed to all the Chinese stuff... but the cars are a total and complete waste of money, especially when its a beginner who has to work on the thing every time he drives it. A set of shocks and an entire car are two completely different things. So I should pay ridiculous amounts of cash on parts just because they are sold (not made) in the United states?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
cumminspower5.9

I agree with supporting american jobs. But how many parts are actually made in the good ol' usa? sure they are distributed here, but are they made here? i know rpm makes and sells parts in the usa. but if stuff is cheaper overseas (which 90% of the time it is) then why spend a lot more money? i think with this post and with the responses i got, it all comes down to if someone purchases from them, would that person recommend that site to another buyer? and whether it is quality or just junk? you all have good responses, but it comes down to actual experience of the purchasing process. thats like an associated guy saying hpi is junk when he has never used hpi. i hope you all get what i am saying and i hope i am not coming across as a jerk, cause im not intending to. proceed with postings please lol

Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I agree with supporting american jobs. But how many parts are actually made in the good ol' usa?
AKA, ProLine, RPM, and some other aftermarket parts companies that are smaller (IE BCE) make sutff here in the US. Tekin and Novak manufacture here, LRP in Germany.

It's sad, too. Losi used to be 100% manufactured in the US, same with Associated. Traxxas has been made in Taiwan as long as ThunderbirdJunkie can remember.

ThunderbirdJunkie would rather buy something Made in Germany or Taiwan or even Croatia and engineered by them than something engineered in the USA and manufactured in some third world country. This is the root of ThunderbirdJunkie's opposition to cheap Chinese garbage.

Plus, it's usually garbage.

Just sayin'.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 AM
The Mad Modder

I agree with supporting american jobs. But how many parts are actually made in the good ol' usa?
AKA, ProLine, RPM, and some other aftermarket parts companies that are smaller (IE BCE) make sutff here in the US. Tekin and Novak manufacture here, LRP in Germany.

It's sad, too. Losi used to be 100% manufactured in the US, same with Associated. Traxxas has been made in Taiwan as long as ThunderbirdJunkie can remember.

ThunderbirdJunkie would rather buy something Made in Germany or Taiwan or even Croatia and engineered by them than something engineered in the USA and manufactured in some third world country. This is the root of ThunderbirdJunkie's opposition to cheap Chinese garbage.

Plus, it's usually garbage.

Just sayin'.
Fullforce RC and Xtreme racing also makes their parts in USA. My alum TLT-1 axles by inet RC were CNC'ed in California.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 AM
The Mad Modder

A set of shocks and an entire car are two completely different things.
Not completely different. You're still buying a sub standard product that you're hoping won't break on you right away. $14 plus shipping is still a wasted $14+ if they bend over like integy's are infamous for. You can get a set of alum evader shocks for $15.

So I should pay ridiculous amounts of cash on parts just because they are sold (not made) in the United states?
So $1 more is a ridiculous amount of money? You must be on a ramen noodle budget.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 AM
djyjrlz

i have only had a couple experiences with cheap Chinese garbage. bought some savage alloy shocks from eBay, good amount of oil in them when arrived, good springs, nice machining, never leaked, never bent. best £33 i ever spent on it. 

as well as my FS GT3-B radio at a whopping £25 posted. still using it today on my brushless Truggy. never had an issue with it. 

as far as that website goes i would place an order for something small like a set of shocks or some hardware. see if it arrives/ is good quality. and then avoid it or go wild. 
Old 09-08-2011, 06:09 AM
cumminspower5.9

Yea. Maybe ill just buy a set of cheap rims for my buggy and see what happens. i mean its $4 for them plus shipping. the worst that can happen is have them be cheap and break and im out prob $10.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

But for another $10, you could have a pair of Dirt Hawgs and a pair of TLR or PL wheels...
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

A set of shocks and an entire car are two completely different things.
Not completely different. You're still buying a sub standard product that you're hoping won't break on you right away. $14 plus shipping is still a wasted $14+ if they bend over like integy's are infamous for. You can get a set of alum evader shocks for $15.

So I should pay ridiculous amounts of cash on parts just because they are sold (not made) in the United states?
So $1 more is a ridiculous amount of money? You must be on a ramen noodle budget.
What is your issue?

Where do you think Duratrax stuff is made? Hint: Not the united states. Evader shocks pretty crappy to begin with (although the car is sound), the shocks on that website look completely different in every way... maybe they are good, maybe they aren't. Why do you even give a **** what my personal preferences are? I have a different opinion on a consumer product so you attempt to insult me by bringing up income? Grow up.

"Hurr durr... for x-amount more you could get this thing that may or may not be exactly the same as the cheaper thing, but it will make me feel patriotic!"

You guys amaze me.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

''Hurr durr... for x-amount more you could get this thing that may or may not be exactly the same as the cheaper thing, but it will make me feel patriotic!''

You guys amaze me.
Hey, don't come cryin' to us when your job gets packed up into a shipping container and goes on the slow boat to Asia.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
proanti1

''Hurr durr... for x-amount more you could get this thing that may or may not be exactly the same as the cheaper thing, but it will make me feel patriotic!''

You guys amaze me.
Hey, don't come cryin' to us when your job gets packed up into a shipping container and goes on the slow boat to Asia.
Don't worry, the last place I will go to cry is an RC forum on the internet.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
BigTb17

They have some huge, 26cc gas engine powered tanks that are listed as $0.00 US. Even when added to the cart the total price is listed as $0.00, haha.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
BigTb17

Below is taken from that site. If you decide to order from them, you've been warned (by them).

The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. FUYUAN makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Material or about the results to be obtained from using the Web Site, the Services and the Material. The use of the Web Site, the Services and the Material is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Web Site and may be made at any time. FUYUAN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THIS WEB SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL GOODS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, FUYUAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEB SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. FUYUAN AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FUYUAN AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM
jmpups
My Feedback: (1)

When is everone going to agree that you can't have Cheap and Good Quality in the same product? If you look for cheap that is what you get. Thats what killed the USA, Too many people looking for CHEAP instead of paying for Quality. JMPUPS
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

and that's why everyone buys good ole maxamps instead of those cheap Chinese garbage packs from hong kong; batteries like Turnigy and Zippy and Gens Ace and what not. USA ALL THE WAY! sigh.....
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

I buy American

Of course you do not. Liar liar butt on fire...:-)

Gerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.