Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Twin Storm 800 Owners!

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Kyosho Twin Storm 800 Owners!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:15 AM
IRON-PAWW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Twin Storm 800 Owners!

Hi All!

Took my Twin Storm VE Brushless for it's 2nd run today - and the inside got filled with black oily water. Iguess from the diveline. Been trying to remove the driveline so Ican grease it etc but It just doesn't want to come. Grub screws seem tight as all heck! Can anyone post some pics about how they remove their driveshaft and stuffing tube etc?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 AM
13BT

Its probably stuck with rust. Brush the grub screws with Penetrene and try it again in 24h
Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 AM
IRON-PAWW

Ifound out the grub screws have thread locker on them from the factory! No wonder they're hard to get out! Trying to find something that might dissolve the thread locker and get the grub screws moving. So far I've applied mineral turpentine and they're stuck fast still. Imight have to resort to heat - but as that cog is plastic I'm not really confident about doing that! Anyone else had the thread locker issue??
Old 04-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Randyrc12

Hi All,
TS 800 owner here. Replacing my motors and bearings as well as upgrading cooling. Does anyone know how to get the bearings out of the rudder drive/prop shaft? I have already removed the forward bearings from gear shaft tube upfront, just need to remove the others. Thanks!! Randy