Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Printing Tiled Plans - Free Program

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Printing Tiled Plans - Free Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Printing Tiled Plans - Free Program

ORIGINAL: RFJ

Purchased Tile Print recently for the very modest fee and am well pleased.

Couldn't copy from Acrobat 8 so e-mailed BipeFlier for help and his response was very quick and worked fine. Should have read this thread more carefully as he answered my problem several pages back - sorry!

Small thing, but when you save tiles and reprint them the page numbers and alignment marks don't print or am I doing something wrong. I do have both options selected from the drop down menue.

Thank you Bipe Flier for all your development work - this is very useful software for modelers and I hope you are encouraged to keep improving it and adding new features.

Ray
The page numbers and crop marks aren't saved to the tiled images, if that's what you mean. If you reload them back into Tile Print, and the print page numbers and crop marks are on, then it will print them. Make sure you do a fit to page before printing them. The save tiles option isn't really designed for re-printing in Tile Print. It was added because someone requested it so they could put the images into a PDF.

The next release will remember the scaling of a plan, so all you have to do is reload the plan and then print the page you want. For now though, you'll have to reset the scale every time you load the plan.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Bipe Flyer

The latest release of Tile Print is ready for downloading. Just open Tile Print then click on "Tools" > "Check for Updates" on the toolbar to get the latest version.

Tile Print will remember the scaling for your files and will set them to the last scale setting.
There is a notes button on the toolbar that allows to add notes to your plans.
There is a new option under the Files menu called "Recent Files", which allows you to browse all the plans that have been previously opened in Tile Print.
Once you have set the scale of your document, you can rescale up or down by a percentage using the "Rescale" option under the "Edit" menu.
Added support for Adobe Reader 8.

I've freshened up the look of the toolbars for an Office 2007/Vista style.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21368.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	643776  
Old 03-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!!

You've done a nice job of capturing the O2K7/Vista look -- I hope you didn't capture the problems of two as well.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:54 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to get my upgreade now!

Thanks, Robert
Old 03-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Bipe Flyer

Thanks,

I was going to wait until I got Vista (I'm supposed to be getting a free upgrade, but nothing has come yet.) so that I could make it switch colours to match the current theme, but some people were wanting to get at some of the new features, so I figured that I could add the theme matching later. If anyone is running Tile Print on Vista, please let me know if there are any issues and a screen shot would be nice.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Bipe Flyer

I was setting up a laptop for my in-laws today and it has Vista, so I thought that I'd give Tile Print a try. Vista complains about registering a few DLLs, but Tile Print runs fine. I need to do more testing, but I tried most of the features and nothing failed to work. It runs fast and it looks darn good too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40373.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	648542  
Old 03-24-2007, 12:53 AM
burtcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BF:

I tried an upgrade but no joy. All that happens is a Widow explorer screen a then it seems to die. Not download of any kind. What????

regards - Steve B.

PS: I have had some success with TP3, somes it works, sometimes not
Old 03-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Bipe Flyer

Steve,

That is probably to do with your security settings. Here's a direct link to the latest update. http://www.blackflight.com/tileprint...intUD30627.exe

I'll be away this weekend, but send me an email or PM with a time that would be good to conatact you next week and we can do a web conference and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
burtcs

BF:

I tried another download with the link you provided. It worked.

thanks - Steve B.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Bipe Flyer

Great! If you have any problems or questions, feel free to conatact me.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Mercer

Hi, and thanks for a super utility. I followed instructions and am only able to get the first tile to print (the upper left corner of the drawing) I am using an Epson RX580 printer attached to a computer using Vista, and I suspect Vista may be the problem. If this is so, can you recommend a work-around or patch? Also, please advise if Tileprint works OK with XP Home. I can hook up another computer, if absolutely necessary.

Thanks again, Mercer
[email protected]
Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Bipe Flyer

Tile Print works with Vista and all versions of XP. Go to http://www.blackflight.com and send me an email from the contact page and I'll see what I can do to help.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Wow, such a useful tool and yet no activity in this thread for 2 years! I recently purchased the program and have had good luck so far. Minor "teething issues" with Win7 and some other stuff I have installed, but BF has been very good with trying to help find the issues...Tile Print works fne so far, just some other things are happening that can't thus far be explained...they are "annoyances" not problems...Thanks BF for a great tool!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
afran

I'm having a problem downloading pdf files from Acrobat 9. It worked with lower versions of the reader. Is there a fix for this problem?.....I'll be lost w/o this program!

Tks.,
Afran
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Bipe Flyer

Good old Adobe... They change their interface with every version. Send me a PM with a description of the problem and I'll see what I can do to get it resolved.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also cannot open any .pdf files in Tile Print. So here is my way.

I had also had this problem. My way around it is to open the file in adobe at 100%. Then I save the file as a different type, jpeg, bmp, tif, etc. Then I open up Tile Print and then open th enewly saved file, and it works great. This is my way, but there may be others.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Bipe Flyer

I've updated Tile Print to work with Adobe Reader X.
If you're a Tile Print user, click on "Tools" > "Check for updates".

Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
nekked_man_2000

I tried to order this, are there other ways to pay? I don't understand the paypal thing, I have a pay pal account, when I try to order Tile print, then I sign into paypal, then it asks for my credit card number to confirm who I am...I've never had that happen with paypal before, they have my credit card information on file. I thought that was the point in paypal, I give them information one time. So that scared me away. So, then I tried to use the Visa button, but that just took me back to the paypal login. I don't know what this is, it just "scared" me away. I'm running a Malware scan on the computer, I suppose it could be just a paypal thing that I've never encountered.

My bank once did something similar, I tried to log into my account and it started asking for My SS# and my account number....so I backed out and called the bank. The lady was very nice on the phone and asked for all of the same information. I told her "isn't this kind-of rediculous? you send out all of this information warning me about "Phishing", telling me the bank will "never" ask for this and that personal information then you ask for it while I'm trying to log into an account that I've had for 20 years and have been doing on-line for about 10 of those...suddenly I need to confirm all of my personal information. How am I supposed to know I didn't get redirected to a fake bank site?"

With the paypal thing I can go to paypal and login, and I can view all of my personal information, make any changes to whatever I like...but then I try to make this one little purchase and they want me to re-enter information they already have on file. Not your fault....Paypal rant.

Hopefully I'll come around in a few days, 'cause I do want to purchas this.

Austin
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Bipe Flyer

Yeah, that does sound weird.  You should just get the login screen with the transaction amount.  Can you login to PayPal normally?  If so, you can send the money to [email protected] that way. Otherwise, you may need to call PayPal to see what's going on.

If you still can't get it to work, I'll send you my address and you can mail me a cheque(check).
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
nekked_man_2000

Yeah, everything seemed normal when I logged into my paypal account. I've never done the payment by email, but I did see that option while I was in there looking at my account earlier. Is there any other information I'll need to include if I pay this way, or does it send my e-mail or some other information automatically if I pay this way? I tinkered with the free version when you first developed it but I've never really used it for anything, but I have several large PDF files and some Large Tiff files I would like to print up, I don't think that version handled those files, I saw this pop up here fresh and was reading that now it does support those file types, making it a very useful program in my opinion!

Austin

Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 PM
RJCadet
My Feedback: (1)

Andrew,
Thank you for the update to TilePrint to work with Adobe x. I had a PDF file I wanted to re-size but found out I couldn't after doing Adobe's upgrade to version 10. Just did your update...now works great again on PDF. I like the new look too.
Ralph
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Bipe Flyer

Just past 9.5 years now and I just wanted to drop a note to say that Tile Print works with Windows 8. You need to use Adobe's reader from their website for PDF files, rather than the PDF reader that comes with Windows 8, but other than that it works.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
NEW222

Just a lil ol question for you Bipe. I have a bought and registered version of this software, but for the life of me cannot get it to work with and .pdf files I have. I am running Windows 7 and XP, both without any luck. If you can please help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:14 PM
NEW222

Ok, I just read the posts a few above. I may have to bite the bullet and download the new Adobe software. Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Bipe Flyer

Just a quick update. Tile Print is working with Windows 10 and Adobe Reader DC, which are the latest versions.

Downloads are down to about 1/4 of what they were in its heyday, but still going after 12 years.

Last edited by Bipe Flyer; 04-13-2016 at 11:42 AM.