Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

it's amazing that most of these china made engines get about the same rpm's.i get the same numbers on the DLE55 and the DLA56 with the Vess23-a and the Xoar 23-8 laminate. i like the laminate the best.
i really can't tell any difference between the two engines when flying them.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Umran

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Some asked why a manufacture would go to the trouble to spend money to make molds and then use products that are known to fail.

Here is a repeat of a conversation I had with a engine manufacture in China about two years ago.

ME- We have a problem with the cranks failing in the engine, If you use this crank rod bearing it should solve the problem
Answer- But they cost $2.00 more than the ones I get now.
Me- What has it cost us to replace the bad cranks.???
Answer What do I do with the cranks I have now.
Me- Trash them
Answer- That is a lot of money I will lose.
Me- what is it costing you to use them.
Answer- If I do not I will have to buy another 1,000 cranks.
Me- That is the cost of doing business.

At that point the conversation was over about the cranks and he did finally get good cranks but still shipped engines with the bad cranks to customer who did not know about the cranks so he could recoup is cost on the bad cranks he had, I know this for a fact because a lot of them made there way to the US and I fixed them.

It is all about money and cost of producing the engines, Just like the cranks.
If indeed they do have to buy a 1,000 at a time that is $2,000.00 more per order.

Now for all that want to get into the RC engine business, Make sure before you do it you have good knowledge of RC gas engines and can do your own warranty work on them, The cost of doing the warranty work has put a lot of people the last couple years out of business, They just close up and left the past customers holding the bag on the engines they bought.

If I had to pay someone to do the warranty work I would have been under a couple years ago, I have rebuilt over 200 engines, just think about what that would have cost me if I had to pay someone to do it. ????

It cost me chunk just in shipping cost back to the customer.

Milton

The conversation is right on the ball.... off topic but it is there...
And so many still line up drooling when the next one is announced. Anyone remember when K&B and FOX would replace crashed engine for half the price of a new one.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: closetguy

it's amazing that most of these china made engines get about the same rpm's.i get the same numbers on the DLE55 and the DLA56 with the Vess23-a and the Xoar 23-8 laminate. i like the laminate the best.
i really can't tell any difference between the two engines when flying them.
They are basically the same engine with just different names on them, all the parts will interchange with each other, some porting might be different on the cylinders.

Milton
Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 PM
sandyjain

Vacaman any updates on the EME55 ? Eagerly waiting to take the plunge myself.....
Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Tisoy909
My Feedback: (21)

I had ordered two of em'. Bang right outta the box. Busted crank with part of crank stuck in the crank end. Cant exactly sell this now. Just like the guy with pics in brazil or south america wherever he is.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
MetallicaJunkie

so that means they bought the reject parts DLE refused to use, and made their own engine? a true fly by night company ?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Vacaman

No updates yet, the engine is mounted on the reactor, but I had to finish and test another engine first. Hope to get in the air next week. About the broken crank shaft, there was one in Spain, another posted in FG and the one reported by Tisoy909, pretty bad record for a new engine. I will take in consideration this problem, for seafty reasons, don´t want to be in front of a loose prop.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Tisoy909

Just thought I'd share with you the surprise that came in the box. At first, they actually suggested that it happened during shipping. China EMS and China postal or whatever the heck is notorious for not giving a flying poop about packages but mine came very much intact. It almost seemed as if whoever packaged the motor simply put the broken parts in there to leave me to tend to it. I'm just showing you the photos along with descriptions which had been requested by the "manufacturer" so they could see/read or otherwise scrutinize so that they may conclude the sent motor was crap. Seemed at first that they wanted to insist it was not broken, then later, they wanted to acknowledge it was broken but due to shipping damage. Finally, they offered to send me a repacement crank at my shipping expense and want me to repair it and then sell it. Another problem which suprisingly only one of the motors had, was the extremely short carb mount bolts which is supposed to go through the reed block and into the crankcase. Once tightened down however it did seem to get into the crankcase hopefully a sufficient amount, seemed odd considering the other motor didnt have this issue. Anyway I didn't run the motors yet, still waiting on a new crank for one of them so they just sit aside in the meantime. Please excuse the remedial english description in third photo as it was intended for a remedial english reader!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68794.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1661638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17438.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1661639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28780.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1661640  
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Hmmm, Chinese QC... I think they think "QC" means "queer caucasions". []

AV8TOR
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Nope, it's "Quick Cash"
Old 09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
av8tor1977

Yep, that's better than mine....

Ya know, it's kind of crazy really. It wouldn't cost them that much more to do it "right".

AV8TOR
Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problems are 100% QC, which has a long history of being deficient in China and Thailand. Ask any of them about their company's AS9100 qualifications process. Then laugh your butt off.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
av8tor1977

I suppose I am guilty like many people, and tend to "stereotype" Asians in general. But I do wonder why this problem seems to be China specific. Some pretty damn good stuff comes out of Japan, and they are well known for their expertise with two stroke engines in general...

AV8TOR
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 AM
sandyjain

In my business I import castings from China for machining and supplying critical auto parts to Global auto OEM's, including ClubCar & Nissan in the US I have been to China on occasion. I think there are all qualities available there at various price points. The lowest cost of course has the dubious QC !! BUT DLE seems to have arrived at the right balance of quality & cost. I wish others will follow suit. It will not be fair to generalise that all Chinese stuff is bad QC. Some Pretty Damn Good stuff comes out of China as well !!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:34 AM
novayusa

What a stupid fault they made!! Incredible
Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Andika

JEAMEHONG

Score: 100
Last Login: 9/14/2011

He reads this thread everyday because he is suscribed but I would to know why this idiot does not reply since someone posted a pic of the cranckshaft broken ? QC = Quantity of Crap

Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Tisoy909

Well let me try to answer that one. Cuz the truth hurts, and P.R well that only accompanies a functional product.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM
novayusa

Maybe he is the brand owner. What's a shame if he read everyday but never face to public to solve problem for customers.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Vacaman

He contacted me to support the engine becouse he tought I was the one with the broken crank.
Also SDS has been great to deal with, so I think they will support this engine, but that has to be seen.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Vacaman

He contacted me again. He is reading this thread. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MY ENGINE!!!!! NO NEED FOR SPARE PARTS!!!! yet.
At least he is trying to make things right.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 AM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

It would seem to me that it would be to the advantage of the dealer to make this
right as quickly as possible. I had been giving some thought to taking a chance
on one of these engines just to see what they are like. After reading this thread
I think my question has been answered. When I get ready to buy an new engine
I think I will spring for the DLE.

Steve
Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Tired Old Man

Sandyjian,

I agree that some very good things come out of China, but there are also some very bad things. The difference, as you pointed out, are the price points. Those willing to pay extra for quality will recieve it. Thise not willing, will not receive.

As I have stated so many times before, most in this thread expect that high performance and quality can be obtained at bottom barrel pricing. Or that "customer service" can retrofit that quality. If it doesn't work as well as the name stuff just send it in to be fixed, right? That is not at all the case. The bottom dollar products may function for awhile, or not at all, but to expect the bottom dollar products to perform to the same standards as the higher end units or last as long demonstrates a level ov naivette' that is beyond comprehension.

Although two products can exhibit the same general appearance, there are too many areas of metalurgy, machining, bearing quality, and prot dimensioning that can make vast differences in the quality of a small engine. Those differences ALWAYS show up over time. Some are demonstrated almost immediately.

So the problem is not with the Chinese, it's with the buyers. Many feel they "deserve" to be able to fly anything they want, regardless of what they have the ability to buy. Same as the drug problem in this country. If people weren't willing to buy the stuff the drug problem would go away.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
novayusa

Drug problem equal to Chinese made engines??!! Really can't accept it. What a crazy analogy it is!
Some of Chinese made engines are bad because of they haven't long term plan on the engine business. So, their behavier like to get "Quick Cash" they want. The kind of factory will be crashed sooner or later. At the other hand, There are some of Chinese are doing long term business with model engines. DLE is the best one at this moment. Back to the first when DLE show up in the market, What did you guys called them? "COPYCAT"? "Thief"? We have to admit DLE is doing good after their years effort in this field and build up a good track for Chinese now. As I know there are many China engine manufacturers willing to do the same thing with DLE.
When you are enjoying the happy hours with Chinese made cheap and stable engine.Isuggest you to write a thankful letter tto encourage the manufacture. They must to keeping the quality advance forfeedback.
MaybeChinese made products impact toyour country made products inmarket but theykeep your cash flow saver.You could enjoy the samepleasure with them in a half of money you cost for your country made products. Isn'***?

Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Tired Old Man

I tried in the previous post to cut your countrymen some slack, and place the blame where it belonged, with our consumers. If they weren't looking for the cheapest bauble they could find to satisfy their immediate wants there would be no problem with low quality cheap engines because nobody would buy them. No buyers, no engines. My analogy with drugs was accurate. If there were no buyers wanting illegal drugs there would be no supply. It's called supply and demand.

However, it was nice to finally obtain an admission that your countrymen do indeed have a few shops that make low quality products because of a lack of skill and experience, and in it only for a quick buck. Funny how someone trying to cut some slack got that out of you. BTW, DLE DID copy but at the same time they improved what they copied. Not the same thing as a straight copy when you make the product better than the original.

If that's all it takes to get you folks to tell the truth I'll help you out more often[8D]
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Just what exactly did the original side carb DLE 30 copy ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.