Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Radio Shack mono cable for trainer cord

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
slrdave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Shack mono cable for trainer cord

I read dozens of posts that say a 1/8" male-male, mono audio cable from Radio Shack will work in place of the JR/Spektrum cable. I purchased one and found that it would not allow My DX7 and 11X to communicate correctly. I checked the resistance of both conductors and found one to be almost 20 ohms. When I looked closely at the package I saw that what I bought was a 1/8" male-male, mono "attenuation" cable that uses a resistor across one conductor. It looks identical to the standard 1/8" mono cable, including the packaging, and is the same price.

So, in a pinch you can run into Radio Shack for a trainer cord, but look closely before taking it to the field or you may have a wild and frustrating training experience.

David
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radio Shack mono cable for trainer cord

ORIGINAL: slrdave

I read dozens of posts that say a 1/8'' male-male, mono audio cable from Radio Shack will work in place of the JR/Spektrum cable. I purchased one and found that it would not allow My DX7 and 11X to communicate correctly. I checked the resistance of both conductors and found one to be almost 20 ohms. When I looked closely at the package I saw that what I bought was a 1/8'' male-male, mono ''attenuation'' cable that uses a resistor across one conductor. It looks identical to the standard 1/8'' mono cable, including the packaging, and is the same price.

So, in a pinch you can run into Radio Shack for a trainer cord, but look closely before taking it to the field or you may have a wild and frustrating training experience.

David
I used to have a JR 8103 transmitter. I used it with and Aerofly Pro Deluxe flight simulator. The USB cable that comes with the simulator has a 1/8" mono connector on the end. I subsequently purchased a JR 9303. The Trainer Port on the 9303 was wired differently from the 8103 and I had to buy an adapter cable. I wonder if the standard JR Trainer cable would have worked with both? I do not recall.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:59 AM
ror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Shack mono cable for trainer cord

Stereo cable works fine also..