Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Bad Receiver Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Receiver Battery

Last Fall I replaced my transmitter battery with a Eneloop pack. I just loved it. I would hold a charge forever. This last week-end it went bad and wouldn't hold a charge. Cycling showed 1100ma out of 2000ma. when I took the radio out of the case it showed 10.8v. With only 1 1/2 flights the radio alarm went and the radio showed 9v. I charged it and it took only 480ma.
Now I understand companies questioning about use, it just bothers me that they assume it's your fault without even asking enough questions to find out if you know what your doing.
I was told I over charged it by leaving it on the charger to long. I have never used a timed charge on the battery.
I sent it back to them for testing on my Nichol. I didn't ask for a replacement nor did I expect one. Out of four e-mails I got one reply.
I had a 10X for over 15 years and only replaced the battery once, so now I'm back to the stock battery. I'll not get another one. $58. down the drain.
Thanks for letting me rant. All I asked from the company was a little education and got "my fault" I've asked them to let me know what they find. Hope I hear back. Dennis

Old 09-23-2011, 09:49 AM
rlmcnii
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bad Receiver Battery

Were the cells Sanyos or clones? At what "C" rate were they normally charged??
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
DadsToysBG

Honestly don't know. Never charged faster the 600ma. Instructions said i could do 1C. Dennis
Old 09-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Capt Lou

Dads:

For RX batteries, you shoud look into the A123 technology. I have switched to these batteries in all my planes and it is great. If you want info on these batteries, go to www.hangtimes.com
Old 09-23-2011, 10:28 AM
DadsToysBG

This is what i get for not proof reading before hitting enter. This battery was for my transmitter. Don't know how to change the title. My brain works faster then my fingers. Dennis