Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

RC Aerodyne stands behind their products and sales!

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

RC Aerodyne stands behind their products and sales!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 AM
FloridaHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Aerodyne stands behind their products and sales!

I just want to share an awesome experience with Cliff and Robert from RC Aerodyne.

But first I want to state that I have no vested interest in this company. I have made a few purchases but this was my first >$100 investment.

I purchased a 3 blade tail rotor for my scale Hirobo Lama. When it arrived the bearings got notchy when the Grip-to-Spindle lock bolt was tightened. Contacted Robert, sent it back and got another with the same problem. Cliff then got involved and CHANGED HIS PRODUCT LINE to another brand. The new style included not only the Grips, head and pitch slider but the entire tail assembly. It is an amazing tail assembly, very well built and the quality is EXCELLENT!

Unfortunately when he sent the new tail assembly it was for a smaller heli. Sent it back and they sent a replacement. Now here is where it gets AWESOME. USPS lost the part. Never showed at my door and there was no insurance. Robert asked very nicely that I contact the Post Office. I did and the manager of the facility looked for the shipment for 20 minutes. No luck.

I honestly thought I was SOL and would have to pay for a new one.

Would you believe Robert sent me a replacement?

I'm telling you I NEVER got such GREAT customer service from ANY company. They sure earned my business.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 AM
ripfirer
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: RC Aerodyne stands behind their products and sales!

I have also brought items from RC Aerodyne. My story was when i brought a a-109 fuse, after building it i took it out for its maiden flight. first flight started good and then about the third lap around the field, i was coming out of the base leg turn and it happen one second i ‘am flying then the next i ‘am falling. the front half decide to depart the aircraft through the blades. end result, not good. so after that, i took it home and look it over thinking maybe a little fiberglass and some paint, i might be able to save the fuse. nothing to save. so i contacted rc aerodyne to explain what happen, and what can we do to get this replace(maybe a little discount on the next purchase, i really like their kit.). Cliff was the person i was dealing with. he said he would send me another one for the same price, i thought that was great. what i didn’t know was the meaning of new one. not only did he send me a new one, he also through in a nav light set . all of this, send to me, free of charge. how many company can you say give this kind of service i was shock. they back what they sell, now this is what they did for me, the fault might of been part mine and part there, but we didn’t argue over who's it was. they made me a happy customer so just letting people know they do stand behind their product.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
ferretmaster

ripfirer...(what IS a ripfirer?) and FloridaHeli

I am fortunate enough to live about two miles from RC Aerodyne. Cliff is a fantastic person in real life too!

I have two of their heli/body combos. The A-109 in CG colors with a FHH 500 stuffed inside. Actually this is my wifes heli, but she "let" me build it for her and every once in awhile I get to fly it....sweet bird!

I also have their AH-64 with FHH 500 combo package, but had it sent to my son's place in Arizona as I am about to retire in Dec. and will build it there in AZ, my new home in 2012.

I could kick myself for being impatient and ordering the Mi-24 Hind (600 size mechanics) direct from SM (TF now) but Cliff had none in stock and I REALLYNEEDED that heli!

Bottom line, I also have no connection with RC Aerodyne, but have NOTHINGBUTGOOD to say about them.

The rest of the industry should look at what Cliff and his small crew do! This is the way to win loyal customers!!!

Trying to not run out of talent, ideas, and altitude at the same time!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Rush!

I cant even get a reply to my emails/support requests for the past 3 days now...  I would like to buy a few penta blade heads and some scale blades for 500 and 600 size helicopters, but not one email....  I hope you guys are right
Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
jesses151
My Feedback: (1)

I recently had the same experience with the e-mails but when I call them they're right there ready to assist. I realize that you are out of the country but maybe if you could reach them during business hours via phone you might have better luck. These days it really helps to have someone that will stand behind the product they selland be there for technical assistance.I to love RC Aerodyne and will be buying a Chaos 600E when theyget back in stock!
-Jesse
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Rush!

Thanks Jesses

They're a fail so far...   Well for me its really important that there is someone there to help you out with the choices and my best option has been email and their customer requeast/support system.  I am a total noob at scale building so i need to ask questions about the items i am interested in and avoid returns because of improper choices. 

I am willing to spend $1000 for a 5-blade Main rotor head for a 50 size and T5 heli, the blades for them and some scale cockpits and lights for a NH500E build...  i am just unable to get confirmation on compatibility and some informed advice on my selections in the basket....  I have two account requests with no action to date!  

I do hope they get in touch...