Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Larger Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Larger Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 AM
afjetmech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Sorry, I don't remember the jumpers or making any adjustments. You can hook up a battery checker to the ignition line coming out of the IBEC to check its voltage before attaching to the ignition. I will be removing the cowl in the next couple of days and will check it out myself. I think the voltage on mine was around 5.6. I will post my findings. Todd, the owner of Syssa, is also very responsive to any email inquiries.
Well looking at the unit there are 4 pins, with two each labled A and B. The A pins are jumped and the B pins are not, with the jumper just stuck on one of them. This is giving 5.3volts output using a Life pack. I'm going to just leave it there. Iassume different configurations change the voltage, just don't have any info on what does what. Ihate just blindly screwing around with new electronics without proper instructions.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:48 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: afjetmech

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Sorry, I don't remember the jumpers or making any adjustments. You can hook up a battery checker to the ignition line coming out of the IBEC to check its voltage before attaching to the ignition. I will be removing the cowl in the next couple of days and will check it out myself. I think the voltage on mine was around 5.6. I will post my findings. Todd, the owner of Syssa, is also very responsive to any email inquiries.
Well looking at the unit there are 4 pins, with two each labled A and B. The A pins are jumped and the B pins are not, with the jumper just stuck on one of them. This is giving 5.3volts output using a Life pack. I'm going to just leave it there. I assume different configurations change the voltage, just don't have any info on what does what. I hate just blindly screwing around with new electronics without proper instructions.
This is the "Syssa" unit http://www.tech-aero.net/ultra-ibec from here you can download the user manual...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 AM
afjetmech

Cool! Thank you for the link.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM
SpinnerRow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Piled my Revovler in today. I was in a tight climbing circle at WOT (do this a lot) about 40 feet off the ground and then the plane looked like it snapped out and into fast death spiral. As I watched it spiral to the ground in slow motion, I could see one of the elevator halves flapping behind the plane. The CA hinges had pulled out. OK, I'm no longer a CA hinge fan. I had fixed the ailerons with pin hinges due to one of them failing last weekend. Guess I needed to do the elevator halves as well.

I'd like to have another one but I've had this one for a while and would like something a bit more aerobatic. Maybe an Edge, Extra or Yak with a DLE 20 on it.

So you guys continue to carry the Revolver torch!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51748.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1668598  
Old 10-01-2011, 01:58 PM
wjcalhoun

Spinner
Sorry to hear of your loss.
At least you identified the reason, which helps prevent a 'next time'

I like the quarter scale (~73") birds with DLE30. I have a 1/4 scale Extra which is a superb flier
Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
SpinnerRow

ORIGINAL: wjcalhoun
I have a 1/4 scale Extra which is a superb flier
Which one?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
wjcalhoun

Wild Hare - near you
There are certainly other good airframes, but the WH has been both robust and spirited.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:32 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

SpinnerRow - I'm also sorry to hear about \ see your crash. I agree with wjcalhoun - if you're looking to move up a 73-74" aerobatic model with a DLE 30 is a nice platform. I love my CG Sukhoi 26m \ DLE 30. It's probably my favorite plane now. Though I still need my 70 Revolver \ DLE 20 in my back pocket...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Slow and Steady

I have a Funtana 125, which is an unlimited 70" span aerobatic plane and while I really like the power and the way it flies with the Syssa 30, I have also seen it with a DLE 20 doing extensive 3d with plenty of pull out from a hover. At $310 with free shipping, the Funtana is over $100 less than most 30cc gas planes and only 3 inches less in wing span (actual 69.5", with a 69" fuse length). Were it lacks in wing span it makes up in wing area. It flies very light. And the color scheme makes it easy to see, no matter the attitude. The inverted flat spins are totally flat - no pitch. I guess you can tell I like the plane!

Tande, Thanks for the IBEC link. I have downloaded both the stats sheet and manual.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see that SpinnerRow... I found my Revolver very cappable with the control surfaces pretty much maxed out and the 26cc RCGF engine but everyone has their own opinion as to what is Aerobatic or not. You ma want to look at Aeroworks as well. They are getting ready to offer free shipping and I was able to get that deal last week when I ordered the 50cc Ultimate Bipe (saved $100 shipping). Nothing wrong with Wild Hare either though.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:44 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Tande, Thanks for the IBEC link. I have downloaded both the stats sheet and manual.
Cool! Thank you for the link.
My pleasure, guys....
Old 10-02-2011, 04:58 AM
iflywhenican
My Feedback: (1)

"I was in a tight climbing circle at WOT (do this a lot)"
Dreaded FLUTTER....maybe? I saw this happen to a very nice pattern plane a few days ago...traced it back to a loose (worn) servo connection on an aileron.
Sorry about you losing your plane.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
SpinnerRow

ORIGINAL: iflywhenican

''I was in a tight climbing circle at WOT (do this a lot)''
Dreaded FLUTTER....maybe? I saw this happen to a very nice pattern plane a few days ago...traced it back to a loose (worn) servo connection on an aileron.
Sorry about you losing your plane.
I don't think so. Otherwise it would have fluttered on the W.O.T. down lines! I had a Hitec HS-5625 on the Elevator(s) and upgraded to 4-40 push rods when I built it. A 15x6 ripping on a low pass is intoxicating!

I haven't been very nice to this plane since I got it in March or so. The throws are maxed everywhere and I routinely get comments like "Your wing tube is offically G-load tested", "That Saito 100 is pulling that thing right along", "Something is going to come off of that plane one day." How prophetic.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat but I think I'm going to go with a lighter weight purpose built aerobat like a .60 Aeroworks Extra 300 at about a pound and a half lighter than the Revolver. BUT.. The Aeroworks is a more expensive plane than the Revolver so by my rule of R/C, it will have a shorter life span. []
Old 10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
iflywhenican
My Feedback: (1)

May be a good time for the Aeroworks...heard they are about to offer FREE shipping!! Just what I heard though....
Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 AM
ShuttleAU

Hi All

My build is finished , now I need some decent weather for a maiden. Given the low pressure systems at the moment it could be a while.

Engine is DLE20 , standard muffler with the extra noise baffle that plugs in the end. You can just see it in the last photo at the end of the muffler. The blue anodised bit.

Two batteries and two switches. Sullivan tail wheel.

Pilot figure by my daughter.

BC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61061.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	1669725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77564.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1669726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81343.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	1669727  
Old 10-04-2011, 09:01 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Very nice BC and good luck on the maiden, looks like that pilot is redy to go flying

Give us your report on the maiden Pls.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
microdon2

HA! That pilot looks like he's in a power-dive and he's not sure if he wants to pull out...
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Wine Country Flyer
My Feedback: (5)

Waitin' to read more. I've really enjoyed just sitting back and reading this post right from the beginning.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
microdon2

Due to moving to a new apt and this new job kicking into high gear I haven't flown in weeks. Getting REAL itchy. Looking to fly my Rev 70 \ YS 140 Tuesday morning, before work. Can't wait.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wine Country Flyer

Waitin' to read more. I've really enjoyed just sitting back and reading this post right from the beginning.
If you like reading about this plane, you should fly one. It is truely a remarkable plane with unique capabilities. I enjoy mine thouroughly as do my fellow club members as they seem to land when I take it up... err maybey their just scared I might fly into them

It is a realy nice plane though...
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Wine Country Flyer

Thanks for the reply. I do have one NIB. (all unpacked to air out) Just need the time and a kick in the buttoks to get started. Plus-I can't make up my mind on power. I have OS 91 FS, Saito 100 & Saito 125. I've read the whole thread from start to finish, so I know about all the weak spots to fix. I'll get started one of these days.
John
Old 10-09-2011, 08:44 PM
microdon2

Wine Country - welcome to the Revolver club! Of your available engines (nice choices, btw), I'd go with the Saito 125. Many here (as you've no doubt read) are using a DLE 20, which is about the equivalent of the 125, and we happen to think it's a great fit - plenty of power and excellent speed. Either of your other engines will fly this play just fine, but I like to err on the side of more power (for unlimited vertical, higher speed, better responsiveness, flying at 1/2 throttle instead of 3/4, etc), and this plane can handle it. Either way, GET GOING with your build, and pls keep us apprised of your progress and build choices (with pics, preferably). And don't forget to reinforce! Enjoy.

Mike
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Wine Country Flyer

From reading this whole thread, I knew the 125 Saito would be recomended. I'll see which one I use when I get started. That still might be a ways off due to a couple medical issues we have to take care of here. But thanks for the encouragement.
John
Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Update

I finally got my new ST 90 from TH, it is now install and took the Revolver to the field late on Saturday to break in/run in the engine, right about 1/2 way the second fuel tank the engine began to idel and transition from fast idel to full but still rough, finally at the 3rd tank it idel for ever and was able to go to full throlltle by then it was to late to attemp the first flight, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo I have no more excuses [:@], this weekend is it and I will have a video of the maiden.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wine Country Flyer

From reading this whole thread, I knew the 125 Saito would be recomended. I'll see which one I use when I get started. That still might be a ways off due to a couple medical issues we have to take care of here. But thanks for the encouragement.
John
I had a st90 with a bisson pitts muffler. The speed was great. Very fast ,never a problem with the motor. After flying for a couple seasons i swapped it out for a saito fa125. My reason was that i enjoy the thottle control i get with 4 strokes not to mention that great 4 stroke tone. With the 2 stroke i always flew it at full throttle and had to let the engine wind down. Its a personal preference on my part. But, if youre into burning holes in the sky and blazing fast knife edge passes..2 strokes are wonderful in this plane.
I re enforced my gear from the get go, but this season my eyes played tricks on me and i missed the runway by a couple feet and the revolver decided to rip the gear off anyway. Im almost done with the repair and she'll be flying once again.

Happy flying,

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.