Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

JC23EVO experience event

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:54 AM
clivemc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JC23EVO experience event

agreed 100% T.O.M

nothing in life is perfect - I always remeber a very important lesson i was taught in business - "always strive for perfection but accept that it will not always be, its how you respond and deal with the mistakes that makes you better than the competition"
Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

100% right, and where things fall apart with the eastern manufactuers.

You'll note in the Navausa post where the concern appeared to be more with manufactuer profitability instead of product quality or customer satisfaction. Until the Chinese alter their mindset to place product quality over extracting maximum profitability using shyster manufacturing processes it won't matter where or how they set up a distribution network. Setting up their own shops in the U.S.A. or elsewhere would still require shipping 4 engines for every engine sold in order to maintain a reasonable level of spare parts to andle warranty work from failed engines. They would need to well capitalize their new dealers in order for them to survive the labor hours provided without pay for the performance of warranty work.

So far the U.S. dealers have been giving their work away, and also generally giving the parts away, in order to keep customers coming back and build brand loyalty out of imaginary quality. Why they have done that is beyond my comprehension. I do not understand the willingness to cast away profitabilty to gain even less profitability. They award product loyalty to something that is taking money and time out of their pockets. I have a different word for that "loyalty" but use it since many would find it derogatory. Hard to make money on something that has anywhere from $65.00 to $150.00 profit when you have to later give away $175.00 in parts, labor, and shipping costs. Might be smart to learn how to use a calculator and learn how to define "cost of sales".

As long as buyers and sellers are willing to take money out of their banks the Chinese will be willing to put it into theirs. For them something for nothing actually works.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Eagleburger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

100% right, and where things fall apart with the eastern manufactuers.

You'll note in the Navausa post where the concern appeared to be more with manufactuer profitability instead of product quality or customer satisfaction. Until the Chinese alter their mindset to place product quality over extracting maximum profitability using shyster manufacturing processes it won't matter where or how they set up a distribution network. Setting up their own shops in the U.S.A. or elsewhere would still require shipping 4 engines for every engine sold in order to maintain a reasonable level of spare parts to andle warranty work from failed engines. They would need to well capitalize their new dealers in order for them to survive the labor hours provided without pay for the performance of warranty work.

So far the U.S. dealers have been giving their work away, and also generally giving the parts away, in order to keep customers coming back and build brand loyalty out of imaginary quality. Why they have done that is beyond my comprehension. I do not understand the willingness to cast away profitabilty to gain even less profitability. They award product loyalty to something that is taking money and time out of their pockets. I have a different word for that ''loyalty'' but use it since many would find it derogatory. Hard to make money on something that has anywhere from $65.00 to $150.00 profit when you have to later give away $175.00 in parts, labor, and shipping costs. Might be smart to learn how to use a calculator and learn how to define ''cost of sales''.

As long as buyers and sellers are willing to take money out of their banks the Chinese will be willing to put it into theirs. For them something for nothing actually works.

AMEN!