Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Anyone get an email fro Dave's Motors

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Anyone get an email fro Dave's Motors

Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get an email fro Dave's Motors

I received an email from Dave's Motors asking for help in supporting the Losi 5ive T product line? Apparently there having trouble with Losi (Horizon) in the ability of selling the 5ive T. I was asked to email or call Horizon to show my support. Usually I'm neutral on this kind of thing, but Dave's Motors has always given great service to me and businesses like that deserve support in growth. I thought I would pass this on in hopes of letting Horizon know how the 5th scale market feels. In no way am I trying to bash any company at all, just trying to show support for one.

PS I'm not affiliated with Dave's Discount Motors
Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM
JQuest64

Default RE: Anyone get an email fro Dave's Motors

I got it as well. I sent an email off to them. I have had nothing but fantastic experiences with each and every purchase from DDM. Hopefully they work something out.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
DarkFire989

Got the email. Sent one to Horizon.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 PM
splcrazy

i didnt get email from ddm ?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:50 PM
ByronRC

good to hear. hopefully Losi gets the message and opens up to DDM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
DarkFire989

SPL. I would assume they only sent it to their US customers. But thats only a guess....

IDNO why they would distribute to TGN, LSRC, ect.... but not DDM which is the largest retailer for large scale in the US.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 PM
wyattroa

I'm sure there is more to the story and we just don't know about it..I got the email as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typical Horizon bs. They're so new to the large scale market and so protective of their corporate dealers that they don't see DDM as a big player, which they are. My friend who owns an LHS has been having the same trouble trying to get Horizon to play ball with the 5IVET. They're being very protective of their well established corporate chain hobby dealers.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
willclark77

I got the email too and will write one and/or call as soon as I get time.  I have nothing but good to say about DDM.  I plan on getting a 5t later and would much rather order from them.  I have nothing bad to say about the other places.  It's just DDM has given great personalized customer service, even when I only had a question once and didn't ask anything on their part, and would prefer to stick with them.  I also like their site much better
Old 10-08-2011, 03:57 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

I would guess that they would expect DDM to do to Losi what they did with FG. DDM took the FG line and ignored the MAP pricing by putting them on ebay and selling with no reserve and selling them below what they charge to dealers.

They also did the same thing to the HPI baja. They as a distributer and retailer forced the shops out of selling by charging dealers one price and charging them for shipping. Then selling to the public for the same price to dealers but giving the public a free pipe.

This is the main reason why you see far less large scale dealers and a lot of local shops not carrying the large scale. The market was spoiled. eventually you will only have one place to get what you need and we all know what happens when there is only 1 person selling an item.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 AM
noyb98098
My Feedback: (1)

I heard that DDM had did that with FG.. Which sux because its damn near impossible to get parts for the FG's in the US. Even with FG supply you'll have to wait for them to place an order (for the simple things like dog bones and belts) to get any parts. Seems like DDM and LargeScale RC are only selling what they have left and arent ordering anything else.. So if that is truly why Losi isnt playing ball with DDM then I could understand that, dont get me wrong DDM has been great to deal with but sux as far as FG in the U.S. goes..

ORIGINAL: fgbasher

I would guess that they would expect DDM to do to Losi what they did with FG. DDM took the FG line and ignored the MAP pricing by putting them on ebay and selling with no reserve and selling them below what they charge to dealers.

They also did the same thing to the HPI baja. They as a distributer and retailer forced the shops out of selling by charging dealers one price and charging them for shipping. Then selling to the public for the same price to dealers but giving the public a free pipe.

This is the main reason why you see far less large scale dealers and a lot of local shops not carrying the large scale. The market was spoiled. eventually you will only have one place to get what you need and we all know what happens when there is only 1 person selling an item.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM
splcrazy

if losi doesnt sell to ddm , losi should quit while theyre at it because without ddm they will get nowhere, the reason im still in this hobby is because of ddm , if ddm wasnt around i wouldnt know what id do to get parts , ddm also keeps alive the local hobby shops here in australia with parts supply . as for FG parts i wish there was more intrest in that model more again but ddm do a good job of keeping the FG alive also as long as they keep stocking parts for it im happy and feel secured .
Old 10-08-2011, 04:04 PM
mooman007uk

horizon's policy is that you have to have a high street store, to become a dealer you have to send in a picture of store front and inside too...ddm aren't a walk in retail outlet, mail order only so maybe that's the reason why...not sure that tgn are a high street store though so who knows what politics are being played here
Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM
DarkFire989

DDM technically has a store front. They sent pictures to Horizon, although its not a very big one.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

DDM technically has a store front. They sent pictures to Horizon, although its not a very big one.
last time i checked ddm adress on google earth there was nothing there , i was told the location is secret and something to do with oompa loompas like charlie and the chocolate factory type entrance
Old 10-08-2011, 04:39 PM
mooman007uk

but i don't think you can walk in off the street and buy a part from them....and as far as the fg thing goes fg will give a dist to anyone just about and if ddm want to sell for a more honest price then fair play to them, as i said there's a probably a bunch of bs politics that is going on behind the scenes[&o]

anyhow not sure i'd worry too much because losi wont be the only one selling 4wd sc's, i've had a little birdie or 2 let on that there are 2 other well known players that may be entering the 5th market in the not too distant future
Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

but i don't think you can walk in off the street and buy a part from them....and as far as the fg thing goes fg will give a dist to anyone just about and if ddm want to sell for a more honest price then fair play to them, as i said there's a probably a bunch of bs politics that is going on behind the scenes[&o]

anyhow not sure i'd worry too much because losi wont be the only one selling 4wd sc's, i've had a little birdie or 2 let on that there are 2 other well known players that may be entering the 5th market in the not too distant future
who traxxas ?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:14 PM
sheograth

They seem to have no problem with largescalerc.com, and they don't have much of a brick and mortar presence either. Not that I have any ill feelings towards largescalerc, I've bought lots of things from them and think they've done lots of promote the 1/5 scale side of RC, just like DDM has.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: sheograth

They seem to have no problem with largescalerc.com, and they don't have much of a brick and mortar presence either. Not that I have any ill feelings towards largescalerc, I've bought lots of things from them and think they've done lots of promote the 1/5 scale side of RC, just like DDM has.
Yeah, but doesn't largescale hold races and such at their facility? That means more advertising of the truck as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
splcrazy

Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Nitromarc3
My Feedback: (30)

Well Large scale welcomes you to walk in or buy by mail they have a very nice set up, great place to run or race you large scale cars as well.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
sheograth

Still, it's shamless what Horizon is doing. DDM has been a great force in the large scale RC hobby for years. Excellent customer service, Excellent first party products, event sponsoring, etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Still, it's shamless what Horizon is doing. DDM has been a great force in the large scale RC hobby for years. Excellent customer service, Excellent first party products, event sponsoring, etc.
I have to agree! I got the email from DDM and sent one to Horizon and have not even gotten a reply. I have heard many stories about Horizon and from my experience with them I think most are true. If I where to buy a 5ive T it would be a while as I have seen Horizon make something for a year or little more then make it no more and cannot ever get parts.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You think with the economy in the crapper, and Horizon/Losi wanting to push a $1500 large scale, being a little more loose with the requirements might be a good idea. Great Planes does the same thing though. Not surprised.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:22 AM
mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

if losi doesnt sell to ddm , losi should quit while theyre at it because without ddm they will get nowhere, the reason im still in this hobby is because of ddm , if ddm wasnt around i wouldnt know what id do to get parts , ddm also keeps alive the local hobby shops here in australia with parts supply . as for FG parts i wish there was more intrest in that model more again but ddm do a good job of keeping the FG alive also as long as they keep stocking parts for it im happy and feel secured .
Plenty of shops here in Oz that supply everything needed for largescalers so not sure why you would not be in the hobby without one single usa shop? Also not sure why you think other shops buy all there stock from ddm, 99% of them would deal with the same manufactures that ddm does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.