Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 hi is this a good Taylorcraft 26cc BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Hangar 9 hi is this a good Taylorcraft 26cc BNF

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
flying.2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 hi is this a good Taylorcraft 26cc BNF

hi is this a good all round plane is the landing gear up to the job Hangar 9 Taylorcraft 26cc BNF - Instock [HAN4920] £800.00 £660.00
is this a good price

Taylorcraft 26cc BNF

Key Features
Comes with a Zenoah 26cc engine
Six Spektrum S6000 digital servos and one AR8000 Spektrum receiver pre-installed
Scale tubular fuselage construction, full body pilot, and UltraCote® trim scheme
Includes a CNC aluminum spinner and Evolution propeller
Overview
The Taylorcraft was one of the first affordable civilian airplanes available to pilots in America. Manufactured by Taylorcraft Aviation, the history of the Taylor brothers and their mark on aviation dates back almost seventy years. This particular Taylorcraft is a clipped wing design for better aerobatics, and features a conventional layout and fabric covering. It is a two-seat aircraft and the basic design has remained unchanged since 1936, and is still available as a personal sport aircraft today.

Hangar 9 brings a version of this popular model in a first-of-its-kind Bind-N-Fly (BNF) version, allowing for less time building and more time flying. Featuring incredible details, an extreme level of completion and a full body pilot, pilots will be very satisfied with this exciting giant scale release. With the included Zenoah 26cc engine, six Spektrum S6000 digital servos throughout and a pre-installed AR8000 Spektrum receiver, the assembly time is cut from hours to minutes. It will take longer to charge the batteries for flight than to do what’s left of the aircraft assembly. Add the value of genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote® and this is one airplane that all giant-scale pilots will want in their hangar.

Needed to Complete
All you need is a 6+ channel DSM2-compatible transmitter.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Hangar 9 hi is this a good Taylorcraft 26cc BNF

I have one of the original single piece wing versions with a G26. I ca tell you that plane is very acrobatic if flown aggressively. If your experience level is low this may be interesting to fly until experience is gained.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dad has the original one piece wing(late 90s) and a G23.... its a Sunday flyer and needs a 30cc to wake it up. im sure the new ones are lighter so the 26 should be decent
Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

I have one of the first gen ones and it is a P.O.S. I think they changed manufacturers for the newer slightly smaller version.. THe struts are MUCH better. Looks like the quality is much better too. The G26 is a good running lil motor. I would prefer a 35 or 40 evolution but they are a lot more money.. It is convenient and a pretty good setup and it is a bit of a discount over buying everything separately..
Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

my dad has the original one piece wing(late 90s) and a G23.... its a Sunday flyer and needs a 30cc to wake it up. im sure the new ones are lighter so the 26 should be decent
Interestingly enough, the new version (smaller) is around the same weight as the old one.
The original version was made by Minicraft in Thailand. I'm not sure who makes the new one
http://minicrafthobby.com/Product_Se...51341244&Cat=1