Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

ORIGINAL: joizeex

Now, i like eating at the Outback steakhouse, but i doubt anything on the menu is authentic Aussie preparation.
ROFL.. Lot of post to comment on and vids to watch, but I'll have to come back later.. heading into the office shortly...

But i had to reply to this..

In Jan 2009 I was in Wichita Kansas for 3 weeks doing my initial training on the Hawker, My Sim buddy was from one of the lower eastern states and chewed Tobacco.. I had never actually seen anyone do that in real life..

Anyway, at the end of the course as a celebration of the passing the check ride, he shouted me dinner at the "Outback Steak House" in Wichita..

They all had Aussie names, but NOTHING resembled anything like Aussie Food.. I mean. WHATTHEHELLis a BLOOMIN ONION????

Actually, here is their menu...

http://www.outback.com/menu/menudescriptions.aspx

Correct me if I am wrong my fellow Aussies, but

are these Aussie dishes???

1. Bloomin Onion - Fail
2. Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas - FAIL (what the heck is a quesadillas? Sounds Mexican to me..)
3. Aussie Cheese Fries - FAIL (Monterey Jack cheddar??? USA.. Never seen it in Aus. - Ranch Dressing???we have Cattle STations.. no Ranches.. )

and that is just the first 3 items... LOL..

4. Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie - Ok. almost close.. but FAIL due to the remoulade sauce which sounds kinda Gay.. (0:27)

5. Filet* & Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie - FAIL - Just say SURFANDTURFlike the RESTOFUSAUSSIES.. Forrest Gump has a shrimpin' boat. - Aussies don't eat Shrimp..

We EAT PRAWNS and Peel the BUGGERs with our FINGERS.

But it all tastes great.. just makes me laugh..

No offense intended with this post..

Might duck out for a NEWYORKStrip Steak shortly..

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
Now, i like eating at the Outback steakhouse, but i doubt anything on the menu is authentic Aussie preparation.
ROFL.. Lot of post to comment on and vids to watch, but I'll have to come back later.. heading into the office shortly...
But i had to reply to this..
In Jan 2009 I was in Wichita Kansas for 3 weeks doing my initial training on the Hawker, My Sim buddy was from one of the lower eastern states and chewed Tobacco.. I had never actually seen anyone do that in real life..
Anyway, at the end of the course as a celebration of the passing the check ride, he shouted me dinner at the "Outback Steak House" in Wichita..
They all had Aussie names, but NOTHING resembled anything like Aussie Food.. I mean. WHATTHEHELLis a BLOOMIN ONION????
Actually, here is their menu...
http://www.outback.com/menu/menudescriptions.aspx
Correct me if I am wrong my fellow Aussies, but
are these Aussie dishes???
1. Bloomin Onion - Fail
2. Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas - FAIL (what the heck is a quesadillas? Sounds Mexican to me..)
3. Aussie Cheese Fries - FAIL (Monterey Jack cheddar??? USA.. Never seen it in Aus. - Ranch Dressing???we have Cattle STations.. no Ranches.. )
and that is just the first 3 items... LOL..
4. Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie - Ok. almost close.. but FAIL due to the remoulade sauce which sounds kinda Gay.. (0:27)
5. Filet* & Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie - FAIL - Just say SURFANDTURFlike the RESTOFUSAUSSIES.. Forrest Gump has a shrimpin' boat. - Aussies don't eat Shrimp..

We EAT PRAWNS and Peel the BUGGERs with our FINGERS.
But it all tastes great.. just makes me laugh..
No offense intended with this post..

Might duck out for a NEWYORKStrip Steak shortly..

Tilapia *** ?? - This is a noxious intruduced fish in Australia and is illegal to buy or sell in some states.

Some of the things on that menu are a classic but I'm sure they are all tasty. Iremember last time we went to the USA we were shocked that everything was covered in cheese. You know that runny plastic melted cheese. It was on everything and not a little it was swimming in it.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ingleburn,

Mate sorry about the crash, and I haven't been able to watch the vid yet (will do so tonight) but a couple of comments;

If you are comfortable hovering now, just as everyone has said just take it easy and it will be easy!

Make sure you replace that cyclic servo with one exactly the same. I have a few of those sparethat I dont have a need for so send me your address again tonight via a PM and I'll send you a couple of them in bubble wrap tomorrow. Dont offer me any money, there yours.

Regards,

Phil
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Hi Ingleburn,

Mate sorry about the crash, and I haven't been able to watch the vid yet (will do so tonight) but a couple of comments;

If you are comfortable hovering now, just as everyone has said just take it easy and it will be easy!

Make sure you replace that cyclic servo with one exactly the same. I have a few of those sparethat I dont have a need forso send me your address again tonight via a PM and I'll send you a couple of them in bubble wrap tomorrow. Dont offer me any money, there yours.

Regards,

Phil
I suppose I cant change my story and say I wrecked that tail servo. Got a spare 1 of those.
Thanks for the offer mate but i have plenty of those servos and just finished putting 1 in.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Flying Fiz

OK no worries.

Yes the tail servo usually survives.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:51 AM
karenheli

Very pretty 450 helicopter!-! I will have  the same one few days later!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Flying Fiz

Hi Karenheli,

Welcome to the thread and good luck with your build and maiden. That is a great heli to start the obsession with, its the one we all started with.

If you have any questions ask away - there is a wealth of knowledge and experience from all over the globe on this thread!

Regards
Phil.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
ahamay

Yes it's pink lol . The paint hasn't stuck real well to the canopy so I think it'll end up red like the other GT. New iphone 4s camera test and a quick vid of my journey in helicopters so far.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1iW5LGXOyM[/youtube]

Jonesy
Old 10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Yes it's pink lol [img][/img] . The paint hasn't stuck real well to the canopy so I think it'll end up red like the other GT. New iphone 4s camera test and a quick vid of my journey in helicopters so far.

Jonesy
Hiya Jonesy!

Posh Git Iphone viddy is great but is shadowed by the PINK canopy!

b
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
joizeex

Rob, to explain what Blooming Onion is - to put it simply, it is heaven on earth
Old 10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
rikybob

Rob, to explain what Blooming Onion is - to put it simply, it is heaven on earth

It's "Rich wholesome goodness"!

I will say this, it is such a grease bomb that if you suffer [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallbladder_disease]gall bladder disease[/link], like wifey does, it will tell you right away if your gall bladder is bad!

b
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Flying Fiz

That's handy then, a built in health check!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Yes it's pink lol [img][/img] . The paint hasn't stuck real well to the canopy so I think it'll end up red like the other GT. New iphone 4s camera test and a quick vid of my journey in helicopters so far.
Jonesy

Hiya Jonesy!

b
Didn't you know there is no such thing as pink....it's green. It's just your eyes playing tricks on you. Here the proof ->

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dqJRyk0YM&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Jonesy

Hiya Jonesy!

b
Didn't you know there is no such thing as pink....it's green. It's just your eyes playing tricks on you. Here the proof ->

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dqJRyk0YM&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

So your now saying you have a minus green canopy? Guess its more manly than pink.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
ingleburn

A quick update on the rebuild. I would be flying today except for 1 landing skid, 1 skid pipe and 1 skid nut. Forgot to get those for my spares box but put an order in yesterday.  Then I thought about it and being impatient ordered another kit from the au store that will be here tomorrow. So all going well should be back in business tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Rob2160

Yes it's pink lol . The paint hasn't stuck real well to the canopy so I think it'll end up red like the other GT. New iphone 4s camera test and a quick vid of my journey in helicopters so far.

Jonesy
Thanks for sharing Jonesy, cool helicopters, the Iphone 4S video works great...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
A quick update on the rebuild. I would be flying today except for 1 landing skid, 1 skid pipe and 1 skid nut. Forgot to get those for my spares box but put an order in yesterday. Then I thought about it and being impatient ordered another kit from the au store that will be here tomorrow. So all going well should be back in business tomorrow.
It's great that HK has a warehouse in Australia that we can buy the kits, chargers and batteries from. This saves a lot of time and money on freight. It's a shame they don't stock other basic parts as well you need like motor, esc etc.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
A quick update on the rebuild. I would be flying today except for 1 landing skid, 1 skid pipe and 1 skid nut. Forgot to get those for my spares box but put an order in yesterday. Then I thought about it and being impatient ordered another kit from the au store that will be here tomorrow. So all going well should be back in business tomorrow.
It's great that HK has a warehouse in Australia that we can buy the kits, chargers and batteries from. This saves a lot of time and money on freight. It's a shame they don't stock other basic parts as well you need like motor, esc etc.

How good would it be if they stocked all the parts for them? I suppose we can always dream. Although if I keep buying a kit every time I crash I might start my own parts store.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again all,

Just ducking my head into the forum while it is @ a low point to say "Hi". I have sold or given away all my gear - but still have my 450GT in an aluminium box with a couple of Turnigy 2200s just in case I feel the urge I took 1/3 off the charge in them so they store well (did I mention that I also kept my Acucell-6 charger??).
The last piece that looks at me from the other side of the room occasionally is my DX6i - modded with blue backlight (+ switch for same), and aluminium trim tabs & roller. I just couldn't bear to part with it!!![X(]

Anyway, I was told off for leaving without stating all that stuff in detail - so I thought I'd pop in when I had a spare moment. It has taken 4 months of planning to get me the 5 minutes needed to type this stuff to you guys (and, it seems girls??)!!!!!!!!!!!

I read back a few pages and it seems that you guys are doing fine!

Signing off now - prolly 4 another 6 months.......

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Simon (you get a special mention mate[sm=wink_smile.gif]) I hope all is going well in the UK!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again all,

Just ducking my head into the forum while it is @ a low point to say "Hi". I have sold or given away all my gear - but still have my 450GT in an aluminium box with a couple of Turnigy 2200s just in case I feel the urge I took 1/3 off the charge in them so they store well (did I mention that I also kept my Acucell-6 charger??).
The last piece that looks at me from the other side of the room occasionally is my DX6i - modded with blue backlight (+ switch for same), and aluminium trim tabs & roller. I just couldn't bear to part with it!!![X(]

Anyway, I was told off for leaving without stating all that stuff in detail - so I thought I'd pop in when I had a spare moment. It has taken 4 months of planning to get me the 5 minutes needed to type this stuff to you guys (and, it seems girls??)!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Simon (you get a special mention mate[sm=wink_smile.gif]) I hope all is going well in the UK!
Hi Peter!

Good to hear from you mate! I still say Hi to you in my video shout outs as does Brian Hope all is well & that you find a little time to pop back in the room everynow and then

Simon

Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again all,

Just ducking my head into the forum while it is @ a low point to say ''Hi''. I have sold or given away all my gear - but still have my 450GT in an aluminium box with a couple of Turnigy 2200s just in case I feel the urge I took 1/3 off the charge in them so they store well (did I mention that I also kept my Acucell-6 charger??).

Whatevers The thread rarely has a "Low point" Again, thanx for getting us together!

"Told off" was a little strong but I did chide my old friend for abandoning us without a word and further since line # 74(47) in our Forum covenant states "You kinda sorta don't really even need a phreakin' heli to come hang with (predominately) the boyz". Speaking of which, yes a girl does occur here and since her arrival I actually have a case of the [link=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cootie]"cooties" (2)[/link].

Glad to hear you kept your core goodies as our brother Rob will be on your side of the world in a fairly permanant manner soon and maybe he can give you direct, one on one flying tutelage when you develop more time to fly??

GREAT to hear from you again old pal!

b

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
sgbfly

Hi Everyone,

I was pleased to get a flight in today despite the cold getting to my thumbs a bit! The flip @ 4:18 and the power loop straight after were probably the highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hifT9N0n-_I[/youtube]

Best to all!

Simon
Old 10-20-2011, 11:22 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Everyone,

I was pleased to get a flight in today despite the cold getting to my thumbs a bit! The flip @ 4:18 and the power loop straight after were probably the highlights

Best to all!

Simon
Good flying, especially in that wind and cold.Our weather is warming up, 29 today and warmer on the weekend. looking forward to seeing your first inverted flight.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Tinkman

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Everyone,

I was pleased to get a flight in today despite the cold getting to my thumbs a bit! The flip @ 4:18 and the power loop straight after were probably the highlights [img][/img]

Best to all!

Simon [img][/img]
Simon,
You've become a monster heli pilot! I loved the power loop. Nice flight Bud!

Chappie,
Your Fly Cam 1 mount with required hardware and servo are on the way. I would expect it to arrive in about 7-10 days. I hope you get the video sorted out, as I'd love to see some flights from you!
Joaquin
Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 PM
glenladen

G'day Joaquin,thank's for the update mate,I'll have a closer look at it when i get my hands on it.

Hiya Pete glad to hear from ya',you'll not be escaping from the hobby mate it'll get ya in the end!.

Simon your developing into a hoon mate!.

chappy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.