Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 PM
glenladen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

G'day Joaquin,thank's for the update mate,I'll have a closer look at it when i get my hands on it.

Hiya Pete glad to hear from ya',you'll not be escaping from the hobby mate it'll get ya in the end!.

Simon your developing into a hoon mate!.

chappy.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 AM
ingleburn

My kit arrived this morning so raided it for the spares I needed. Spun it up and it vibrated so bad I thought it was going to destroy itself. After a thorough inspection found out that I also bent the tail rotor shaft. Pulled down the new tail box from the kit and replaced the bent shaft and lucky I did because the tail box had most of the screws loose. Guess the loctite gel I had been using doesnt work so well. Anyway waiting till tomorrow to let the loctite cure and Ill be back to square 1. Moved the ball on the tail servo in to 7mm and reduced the pitch at zero stick to -1% so we will see how that goes.I know it seems like groundhog day but heres the pic of it taped down ready for take 2.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:47 AM
sgbfly

Hi Guy's and thanks for the kind comments on my video. Here is the best 30secs from that vid as viewed from onboard:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8VUiwfRSN0[/youtube]

Simon

ps. Good luck with take 2Ingleburn!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:32 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's and thanks for the kind comments on my video. Here is the best 30secs from that vid as viewed from onboard:

Simon

Wow that made me dizzy. Quick question for you. Was looking back at your old videos. Do the flybar weights make much difference because I was going to leave them off this time but changed my mind and put them back on.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Rob2160

Simon

Very cool mate.. like being on a roller coaster.. nice onboard camera, very smooth!.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Simon

Wow that made me dizzy. Quick question for you. Was looking back at your old videos. Do the flybar weights make much difference because I was going to leave them off this time but changed my mind and put them back on.

In my opinion they do make a big difference.. all mine have no flybar weights now, but I remember the first time I flew without them it seemed a huge step in agility..
Old 10-21-2011, 03:49 AM
sgbfly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8VUiwfRSN0

Simon

Yes, it's well worth having them on as they do dumb down the cyclic response making it more beginner friendly. It's quite a step change in having them on and fully out near the paddles - to moving them in all the way to the flybar cage - to taking them off completely.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 AM
ahamay

My kit arrived this morning so raided it for the spares I needed. Spun it up and it vibrated so bad I thought it was going to destroy itself. After a thorough inspection found out that I also bent the tail rotor shaft. Pulled down the new tail box from the kit and replaced the bent shaft and lucky I did because the tail box had most of the screws loose. Guess the loctite gel I had been using doesnt work so well. Anyway waiting till tomorrow to let the loctite cure and Ill be back to square 1. Moved the ball on the tail servo in to 7mm and reduced the pitch at zero stick to -1% so we will see how that goes.I know it seems like groundhog day but heres the pic of it taped down ready for take 2.

Good to see your back up and running again. Take it easy tomorrow.

Speaking of rebuilds I'm on my second rebuild tonight after dumping the GT into the ground this afternoon. Was on my last battery and it was getting dark quickly. I lost orientation with some trees in the background and could not save it and hit the throttle hold...and then a couple of swear words. My souvineer box of crashed parts if growing.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Enjoying Florida's [link=http://www.cfnews13.com/weather/forecast]beautiful Wx![/link]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZqkFna0QsE[/youtube]
Old 10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Buz

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Buz

I got into a game that wasn't animated.. ie; the characters and video was to show you where you were. It was called ''Myst'', and it took me forever to solve it. Other than that one... I didn't play many video games. Now, I delve into simulators. I have Phoenix which I find to be excellent... and a pure flat out F1 simulator that I try to keep my racing skills sharp on.
Ah, yes, I had Myst and it successors.. intriguing games.

years later I disovered an even better game.. its called Pyst... [img][/img]
LMAO! Myst really should have been named "Pyst"... . I don't know if you remember the parts where you had to go through the trees... I got stuck there and nearly went berserk. Also got stuck in that place where you had to flip all the switches and dials to make that machine run. [:-] I read that the water sounds around the ship in that game were made by lowering a microphone into a toilet and splashing the water around. LOL!

Buzz
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Buz

Hi guys and gals.... I've had my head stuck in my quad copter for several days. I haven't even started the repairs to my 450.... This quad is amazing. I ordered an OSD (on screen display) system with a GPS function.
When it's all set up again with a stronger transmitter for the video... I should be able to fly out several miles. The OSD has so many displays, I'm probably going to carry an extra camera so you don't have to look at all of the feedback from the OSD. It displays altitude, airspeed, distance out, remaining voltage in the flight battery, and a red arrow that always points to where it was turned on. It always points to "home" so you don't get lost. All I need now is a pair of the FPV goggles.. and I'll be able to take it anywhere to video.

@Brian:..... Can you believe the change in the weather? Finally! It got cold enough over here to kill all of the mosquitoes. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. I want it to stay like this all "winter"....

Sad to see Peter leaving.... He'll be back!

Best to all,

Buzz
Old 10-21-2011, 12:52 PM
ingleburn

Yes, it's well worth having them on as they do dumb down the cyclic response making it more beginner friendly. It's quite a step change in having them on and fully out near the paddles - to moving them in all the way to the flybar cage - to taking them off completely.

In my opinion they do make a big difference.. all mine have no flybar weights now, but I remember the first time I flew without them it seemed a huge step in agility..
Thanks guys, guess its baby steps then. Must curve my impatience with this thing.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Good to see your back up and running again. Take it easy tomorrow.

Speaking of rebuilds I'm on my second rebuild tonight after dumping the GT into the ground this afternoon. Was on my last battery and it was getting dark quickly. I lost orientation with some trees in the background and could not save it and hit the throttle hold...and then a couple of swear words. My souvenir box of crashed parts if growing.
I have every intention of taking it easy because I don't need a rebuild every 3 batteries. Sorry to here about your latest crash. Hope there's not to much damage. All my crashed parts went into the bin. Dont need reminders of my mistakes. I see you have a full tail in there. No wonder you get back in the air so quick. I pulled everything apart and only replaced the boom and tail rotor shaft. 1 thing I noticed about the new kit was that the tail support rods are longer and the horizontal and vertical fins are the same as the pro.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 PM
joizeex

ahamay - trust me, it always happens on the last battery/tank lol

Buz - looking forward to results of OSD and long distance flying!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: joizeex

Yeah my crash happened on the last minute of my last battery. Maybe ill buy 300 of them then i might be right for a while. Took mine out for its first hover since the rebuild and it flew great. Will go out this afternoon and get a few more packs in. Meanwhile since I have my kids this weekend I took them over the park and put my keychain cam on my youngests rocket. The extra weight of the cam kept the altitude down and the parachute was spinning a fair bit on the way down but check out the video anyway. Oh and the next flight lost the rocket up the biggest tree in the area. Luckily without the cam attached but on the last motor we had. Sound familiar?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDX1nkXauM[/youtube]

Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 AM
rikybob

Yeah my crash happened on the last minute of my last battery. Maybe ill buy 300 of them then i might be right for a while. Took mine out for its first hover since the rebuild and it flew great. Will go out this afternoon and get a few more packs in. Meanwhile since I have my kids this weekend I took them over the park and put my keychain cam on my youngests rocket. The extra weight of the cam kept the altitude down and the parachute was spinning a fair bit on the way down but check out the video anyway. Oh and the next flight lost the rocket up the biggest tree in the area. Luckily without the cam attached but on the last motor we had. Sound familiar?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDX1nkXauM[/youtube]

THAT is cool as hell!

b
Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Rob2160

I got into a game that wasn't animated.. ie; the characters and video was to show you where you were. It was called ''Myst'', and it took me forever to solve it. Other than that one... I didn't play many video games. Now, I delve into simulators. I have Phoenix which I find to be excellent... and a pure flat out F1 simulator that I try to keep my racing skills sharp on.

LMAO! Myst really should have been named "Pyst"... . I don't know if you remember the parts where you had to go through the trees... I got stuck there and nearly went berserk. Also got stuck in that place where you had to flip all the switches and dials to make that machine run. [:-] I read that the water sounds around the ship in that game were made by lowering a microphone into a toilet and splashing the water around. LOL!

Buzz
LOL.. I got frustrated with that machine also.. and one day just had enough and bought the solution book.. got through it fairly quickly after that.. but that was cheating lol..
Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Rob2160

Thanks guys, guess its baby steps then. Must curve my impatience with this thing.

You also have the option of almost unlimited "taming" of your heli with swash settings (IE AILE ELEV and PITCH, in addition to dual rates and expo)

Even with no counterweights you can have a very very gentle flying heli using these variables.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Buz

LMAO! Myst really should have been named ''Pyst''... . I don't know if you remember the parts where you had to go through the trees... I got stuck there and nearly went berserk. Also got stuck in that place where you had to flip all the switches and dials to make that machine run. [:-] I read that the water sounds around the ship in that game were made by lowering a microphone into a toilet and splashing the water around. LOL!

Buzz
LOL.. I got frustrated with that machine also.. and one day just had enough and bought the solution book.. got through it fairly quickly after that.. but that was cheating lol..
You cheated to get through it? LOL! I decided to either solve it or give up in frustration. It took a long time.... but at least I didn't cheat! That's probably not even you flying in the videos you post. It's Heliwife and you're just doing the video! ROFLMAO!!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Rob2160

You cheated to get through it? LOL! I decided to either solve it or give up in frustration. It took a long time.... but at least I didn't cheat! That's probably not even you flying in the videos you post. It's Heliwife and you're just doing the video! ROFLMAO!!!!

Dang.. ya got me!...

Played a ton of games that would get so tedious I'd just give up.. But all the Wing Commander series, 1 through 5 (Prophecy) and Privateer, Righteous fireand Privateer 2....i played them and finished them fair and square... LOL..

I had too much free time back then...
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Buz

Dang.. ya got me!...

Played a ton of games that would get so tedious I'd just give up.. But all the Wing Commander series, 1 through 5 (Prophecy) and Privateer, Righteous fireand Privateer 2.... i played them and finished them fair and square... LOL..

I had too much free time back then...
Hah! I played around with a few other games... including Wing Commander... but I bought my son (who was 12 at the time) a game called "Skate or Die!". Yep, a skateboarding game.... that was when I totally lost control of my computer. There were always 3 or 4 kids playing that frakking game! One day I came home from work and my keyboard wouldn't work. I lifted it up to find that one of the cute little guy's had dumped a Coke in it! That's the last time they played games on MY computer!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 AM
joizeex

haha Myst, aaah yes, that was before the time when you could look up a walkthrough on the almighty internet!

watching ingleburn's rocket video, i just had to ask: is anyone else thinking of putting rocket motors on the helis to make them faster? anyone??
Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 AM
rikybob

haha Myst, aaah yes, that was before the time when you could look up a walkthrough on the almighty internet!

watching ingleburn's rocket video, i just had to ask: is anyone else thinking of putting rocket motors on the helis to make them faster? anyone??

It just occurred to me that your nick, with out the "X" is pronounced "Joisey" as in the colloquial pronunciation of "New Jersey" as "New Joisey"!

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!

b
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM
joizeex

lol Brian, you win a prize! you get to be the first to put rocket motors on his heli! Yea, just like the Joisey Shore (someone needs to give those people from the show a heavy clubbing).

So i just tried MG90S servo on my tail and i'm having the same servo overheating problem as with the INO Lab one, even when it's just sitting on my table. It seems that there's some sort of interference that makes the tail (and sometimes cyclic) servo(s) move back and forth in very small, but rapid motions. It goes away eventually, but then it comes back. I've had this issue throughout the life of the heli and thought it gone at one point, but alas, it's back. I wonder if the fiber glass or whatever frame is creating static.

The servo, though 0.01 seconds slower still holds the tail OK at idle up. However, the tail slider is getting rather sloppy where the "fork" meets the tail shaft bushing, so i think i'll need a replacement.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 PM
jnail

Hi guys and gals.... I've had my head stuck in my quad copter for several days. I haven't even started the repairs to my 450.... This quad is amazing. I ordered an OSD (on screen display) system with a GPS function.
When it's all set up again with a stronger transmitter for the video... I should be able to fly out several miles. The OSD has so many displays, I'm probably going to carry an extra camera so you don't have to look at all of the feedback from the OSD. It displays altitude, airspeed, distance out, remaining voltage in the flight battery, and a red arrow that always points to where it was turned on. It always points to ''home'' so you don't get lost. All I need now is a pair of the FPV goggles.. and I'll be able to take it anywhere to video.

@Brian:..... Can you believe the change in the weather? Finally! It got cold enough over here to kill all of the mosquitoes. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. I want it to stay like this all ''winter''....

Sad to see Peter leaving.... He'll be back!

Best to all,

Buzz

Buzz, word of caution on the quad copter with gps. As experienced by a fellow club member here. As dumb as it may sound, DON'T FORGET to set the home on your gps unit to where you actually are if you go fly somewhere else. This is if you are using a unit that is capable of returning your copter home in case of signal loss. Here is what happened to my friend. He was flying his quad at the club field, when he experienced a signal loss fo unknown reasons. This was at night, and the heli had all kinds of cool lights on it, so it was last seen with its flashing lights heading up over the tress, and far away all on its own. Best he can figure is that the heli was trying to return "home" which was set up on his workbench in his house. Unfortunately "home" was nearly 15 miles away, and the quad didn't have enough battery to make it that far. Where it is now is anyone's guess.

otherwise, they are really cool!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.