Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
jnail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

ORIGINAL: joizeex

lol Brian, you win a prize! you get to be the first to put rocket motors on his heli! Yea, just like the Joisey Shore (someone needs to give those people from the show a heavy clubbing).

So i just tried MG90S servo on my tail and i'm having the same servo overheating problem as with the INO Lab one, even when it's just sitting on my table. It seems that there's some sort of interference that makes the tail (and sometimes cyclic) servo(s) move back and forth in very small, but rapid motions. It goes away eventually, but then it comes back. I've had this issue throughout the life of the heli and thought it gone at one point, but alas, it's back. I wonder if the fiber glass or whatever frame is creating static.

The servo, though 0.01 seconds slower still holds the tail OK at idle up. However, the tail slider is getting rather sloppy where the ''fork'' meets the tail shaft bushing, so i think i'll need a replacement.

lol Brian,I have heard that southerers can be pretty slow sometimes! All kidding aside joizee, I figured it out right away, since I too am guilty of being a joisey boy. Spent up until 5th grade as your neighbor up the road in somerdale, then moved to Mays landing, where i lived till '98. Don't ask me why I moved to this frozen wasteland where I am now!

Not much heli activity to report at the moment, have been playing with planks, and the shortening days have cut my flying time down quite a bit.

jeff
Old 10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
rikybob

lol Brian, you win a prize! you get to be the first to put rocket motors on his heli! Yea, just like the Joisey Shore (someone needs to give those people from the show a heavy clubbing).

So i just tried MG90S servo on my tail and i'm having the same servo overheating problem as with the INO Lab one, even when it's just sitting on my table. It seems that there's some sort of interference that makes the tail (and sometimes cyclic) servo(s) move back and forth in very small, but rapid motions. It goes away eventually, but then it comes back. I've had this issue throughout the life of the heli and thought it gone at one point, but alas, it's back. I wonder if the fiber glass or whatever frame is creating static.

The servo, though 0.01 seconds slower still holds the tail OK at idle up. However, the tail slider is getting rather sloppy where the ''fork'' meets the tail shaft bushing, so i think i'll need a replacement.

Remind me what servo your using??

b

PS In red above is PHUNNY!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: jnail

ORIGINAL: Buz

Hi guys and gals.... I've had my head stuck in my quad copter for several days. I haven't even started the repairs to my 450.... This quad is amazing. I ordered an OSD (on screen display) system with a GPS function.
When it's all set up again with a stronger transmitter for the video... I should be able to fly out several miles. The OSD has so many displays, I'm probably going to carry an extra camera so you don't have to look at all of the feedback from the OSD. It displays altitude, airspeed, distance out, remaining voltage in the flight battery, and a red arrow that always points to where it was turned on. It always points to ''home'' so you don't get lost. All I need now is a pair of the FPV goggles.. and I'll be able to take it anywhere to video.

@Brian:..... Can you believe the change in the weather? Finally! It got cold enough over here to kill all of the mosquitoes. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. I want it to stay like this all ''winter''....

Sad to see Peter leaving.... He'll be back!

Best to all,

Buzz

Buzz, word of caution on the quad copter with gps. As experienced by a fellow club member here. As dumb as it may sound, DON'T FORGET to set the home on your gps unit to where you actually are if you go fly somewhere else. This is if you are using a unit that is capable of returning your copter home in case of signal loss. Here is what happened to my friend. He was flying his quad at the club field, when he experienced a signal loss fo unknown reasons. This was at night, and the heli had all kinds of cool lights on it, so it was last seen with its flashing lights heading up over the tress, and far away all on its own. Best he can figure is that the heli was trying to return ''home'' which was set up on his workbench in his house. Unfortunately ''home'' was nearly 15 miles away, and the quad didn't have enough battery to make it that far. Where it is now is anyone's guess.

otherwise, they are really cool!

Hah! ... That would be horrible! Mine won't do that. As soon as I turn on my Tx... It becomes "home". When I turn on the quad, it locks on to my Tx and until I turn off the Tx... the quad will always come back to the transmitter.
The thing that scares me about FPV flying is ... flying out of radio range. I'll run out of radio range before I run out of video range. So, among all the other things the OSD will show me, I want it to show me a light when I've reached the point that radio range starts to weaken. It's really too bad your friend lost his.... They sell gps trackers that will tell you exactly where your hunting dogs are with a little hand held unit. So, I'm going to use that on the quad also. If I lose it... it should be easy to locate it. It has a 13 mile range!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:03 PM
rikybob

lol Brian,I have heard that southerers can be pretty slow sometimes! All kidding aside joizee, I figured it out right away, since I too am guilty of being a joisey boy. Spent up until 5th grade as your neighbor up the road in somerdale, then moved to Mays landing, where i lived till '98. Don't ask me why I moved to this frozen wasteland where I am now!

Not much heli activity to report at the moment, have been playing with planks, and the shortening days have cut my flying time down quite a bit.

jeff

It's funny Jeff as there are quite a few "Captain obvious" moments my wife and I share that have sat idle for years and all of a sudden, POW!

The Joizeex threw me until he told me he had to add the "X" b/c some other smart person (odds are a "dude" around here, took the nick already).

As for southerners being slow it's NOT a myth.

I was working in Biloxi literally as the outer bands were leaving trying to help put that little town back together after [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina]hurricane Katrina[/link].

I was assigned to the Command post and we were setting up rudimentary communications to start a base of operations to get help to people.

We starting using local government (what was left) to augment our staff so we wouldn't start over from zero and I met "Jesse Lee Vargus" a Biloxi resident (formerly).

I couldn't stand it so I asked him a few days after the hurricane passed "Why, if you KNEW it was coming did you not flee? You know three days before it gets here"!

He returned "Officer Brian, have you ever heard that people from the south are STUPID"?

I replied "No".

He replied "Well, WE ARE"!

OMG that was a very funny moment, forever crystallized in my mind during perhaps one of the more AWFUL times in my life!

b

Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM
rikybob

jeff

It's funny Jeff as there are quite a few ''Captain obvious'' moments my wife and I share that have sat idle for years and all of a sudden, POW!

The Joizeex threw me until he told me he had to add the ''X'' b/c some other smart person (odds are a ''dude'' around here, took the nick already).

I was working in Biloxi literally as the outer bands were leaving trying to help put that little town back together after [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina]hurricane Katrina[/link].

I was assigned to the Command post and we were setting up rudimentary communications to start a base of operations to get help to people.

We starting using local government (what was left) to augment our staff so we wouldn't start over from zero and I met ''Jesse Lee Vargus'' a Biloxi resident (formerly).

I couldn't stand it so I asked him a few days after the hurricane passed ''Why, if you KNEW it was coming did you not flee? You know three days before it gets here''!

He returned ''Officer Brian, have you ever heard that people from the south are STUPID''?

I replied ''No''.

He replied ''Well, WE ARE''!

OMG that was a very funny moment, forever crystallized in my mind during perhaps one of the more AWFUL times in my life!

b

PS If we are so slow why am I enjoying 70F temps with 50F at night while there is frost on YOUR pumpkin???...........ahhhhhh feels like Perth Wx here!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:19 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Hey everybody from ga. Well another rung on the ladder! I did it I actually flew my blade sr and the ten dollar heli today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I got off from work and had light winds and blue bird skys, said to myself time to see if the mcpx has helped? It gave me the confidence to go for it! the sr was the first to go put the nose into the wind and weat a circuit aroud the field relized i needed to decrease the pitch curve and increase the throttle curve. with that done it was zoom zoom I felt like a pro! Went through all my batterys for it so uot came the ten $$$.
  A few adjustments and off she went three batts. later it landed in one piece!
  Once i got the nerve for the forword flight i found it to bee easier to fly than hover, which i have worked on it seems forever.
I thaught you all would like to know. Bryan had to work so he missed it maybe i can do it with im as a witness tommrow!
   Thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement!  I think the mcpx was the trick.
  Off to take the mcpx into the yard to hone the reflexes. tahnks again happy flying!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey everybody from ga. Well another rung on the ladder! I did it I actually flew my blade sr and the ten dollar heli today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got off from work and had light winds and blue bird skys, said to myself time to see if the mcpx has helped? It gave me the confidence to go for it! the sr was the first to go put the nose into the wind and weat a circuit aroud the field relized i needed to decrease the pitch curve and increase the throttle curve. with that done it was zoom zoom I felt like a pro! Went through all my batterys for it so uot came the ten $$$.
A few adjustments and off she went three batts. later it landed in one piece!
Once i got the nerve for the forword flight i found it to bee easier to fly than hover, which i have worked on it seems forever.
I thaught you all would like to know. Bryan had to work so he missed it maybe i can do it with im as a witness tommrow!
Thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement! I think the mcpx was the trick.
Off to take the mcpx into the yard to hone the reflexes. tahnks again happy flying!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

I have to agree that the lil devil is a good stop gap measure!

I have been considering it myself as a stop gap for my next level as I really, really, really dislike the SIM and tend to do better ITRW!

Again,

Great going!

b
Old 10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: rikybob

jeff

It's funny Jeff as there are quite a few ''Captain obvious'' moments my wife and I share that have sat idle for years and all of a sudden, POW!

The Joizeex threw me until he told me he had to add the ''X'' b/c some other smart person (odds are a ''dude'' around here, took the nick already).

We starting using local government (what was left) to augment our staff so we wouldn't start over from zero and I met ''Jesse Lee Vargus'' a Biloxi resident (formerly).

I couldn't stand it so I asked him a few days after the hurricane passed ''Why, if you KNEW it was coming did you not flee? You know three days before it gets here''!

He returned ''Officer Brian, have you ever heard that people from the south are STUPID''?

I replied ''No''.

He replied ''Well, WE ARE''!

b

Careful there, Sunshine! I was born right here in the deep south. After 4 years of college... and a B.S. degree... hmm, that seems to fit! ha.... in Psychology, I earned a FREE scholarship to get my Master's Degree.
They paid my books, tuition, and rent... and gave me $200/mo. for living expenses! So, I am offended because I resemble that remark!

Buzz
Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 PM
joizeex

Jeff, have you ever seen these guys around? jersey guido

Brian, i was using INO Lab D202HB. it's a ball bearing, carbon geared 0.10s servo. Now i'm using Turnigy MG90s (metal gears). I ran out of daylight already, so hopefully i'll get a couple of flights in tomorrow and see how it goes. While i'm at it, gonna put a new ESC in for the HBK and hopefully resolve the ESC overheating issue with that heli.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:34 PM
rikybob

Jeff, have you ever seen these guys around? jersey guido

Brian, i was using INO Lab D202HB. it's a ball bearing, carbon geared 0.10s servo. Now i'm using Turnigy MG90s (metal gears). I ran out of daylight already, so hopefully i'll get a couple of flights in tomorrow and see how it goes. While i'm at it, gonna put a new ESC in for the HBK and hopefully resolve the ESC overheating issue with that heli.

I meant "What Gyro are you using".

Sorry.

b
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
hugj

thank's The mcpx is better than a sim, If my internet connection hurrys up i'm uploading a couple of videos of it Forgive the first i lost the little thing and it hit hard! The great thing is no damage.
Bryan here flew it last weekend and was impressed. It is a little pricy but well worth it. If you get one get a extra tail boom it is the weak link in the heli, also extra batts. and links for the blades. I love mine Handels light wind great and is a blast in close quarters! Hugh
Old 10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
glenladen

G'day all,Brian enjoyed you vid as usual although I got a smooth vid instead of the usual freeze frame then play again,but no audio,which sucked as I enjoy your blatherin' more than the flyin'.lol.

Hiya hugj,I've snapped the tail booms many times and now use the trimmed tail booms (new one's on order) and yes I keep loosing the blade links also and actually broke the lg landing in one of dad's garden (soft ground).They are are great little machine.

chappy.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
hugj

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0bzVw_FOY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-DcnZn29w[/youtube]
  Hey Brian here's my mcpx the first is a crash the second a good flight

Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 PM
hugj

If you go to you tube and full screen you can see it a little better
Old 10-22-2011, 05:06 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Great flying hugj,  I hate that I missed that.  Maybe we can try some Simon loops tomorrow.
Bryan
Old 10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
ingleburn

thank's The mcpx is better than a sim, If my internet connection hurrys up i'm uploading a couple of videos of it Forgive the first i lost the little thing and it hit hard! The great thing is no damage.
Bryan here flew it last weekend and was impressed. It is a little pricy but well worth it. If you get one get a extra tail boom it is the weak link in the heli, also extra batts. and links for the blades. I love mine Handels light wind great and is a blast in close quarters! Hugh
Sounds like I found my xmas present then.Took the GT out this morning and hovered 3 batteries and brought it back in 1 piece. Bit windy but took it real easy. Then I took the little FP out for a spin and crashed it. Think Im going to retire it because its teaching me bad habbits and dont wont to transfer them to the GT. The mcpx sounds like a good way to learn a bit faster with a lot less risk.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 PM
ingleburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0bzVw_FOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-DcnZn29w

Well done. Those little things look like they can take a beating. Wonder if they are me proof.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
joizeex

yea, the little helis can be flown forever without replacing parts. My 4#3B has served as a wonderful learning platform and once you set it for higher throws, it's nuts. I told my friend to get mSR before he tries messing with his HBK3 and he's been having a smooth learning experience with it.

Brian, i'm using the 401B "Cyro" and before i had the Telebee V2 on that heli. I think there's something about the airframe itself that creates interference.

In other news, i just installed the $6 ESC on the HBK and it's ALSO getting hot []. The motor is just warm, like before, and battery just barely. I guess my Turnigy ESC that i took off is still good then. I think whatever is making it draw so much current is what makes the battery runtime shorter. I frakking give up!!! Time to go play Deus Ex. When all else fails - video games to the rescue! Loving my new PC rig   And if these helis give me a hard time tomorrow, i'm going to the shooting range... no, not to shoot up my helis, though i feel like i'd love to lol. Guns - also another stress free pass time, because they always work and i sometimes don't even clean mine!!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
sgbfly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0bzVw_FOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-DcnZn29w

Nice flyin' Hugh! & it bounces back up!

Hi Everyone,

A couple of short video from me with no flying

First up a little look at a helicopter "carry bag" that I bought about a month ago mainly to keep the dust of my heli whilst the others went out to play. It's pretty good value from Moonhobby and the shipping was very reasonable. OK, with it being a soft case the flybar is a little vulnerable but for light use it's good imo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UK4M9gCFt8[/youtube]

Second vid is a look at my 450 fleet. I flew them all today (2 packs ea) and the GT is easily my favourite now...(but the others still have a place lol)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp85BTW5PCc[/youtube]

Best to all!

Simon

Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM
hugj

heres a couple of videos shot from the I-Kam my wife said i needed tell me what you think
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHRG0naYVY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjpQHB3BF4[/youtube]
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Tinkman

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0bzVw_FOY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-DcnZn29w[/youtube]

Great flights! That's a cute little thing. Looks like a dragonfly buzzing around.

Joaquin
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 PM
rikybob

heres a couple of videos shot from the I-Kam my wife said i needed tell me what you think
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHRG0naYVY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjpQHB3BF4[/youtube]

Great flyin', blather and the glasses work great!!!!

b
Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 PM
ingleburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHRG0naYVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjpQHB3BF4
The camera works great. Good quality and audio is a lot better than on my ones.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Gothic

Hello Everyone. I'm still hanging around checking you guy out. I still haven't maiden my heli yet.
I'm a bit too lazy to search back through this thread to find the on board micro camera you guys are using. Can someone give me a link to the best key camera? I know at some point is saw that there were some models that were better then the others.

Thanks
G.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Gothic

Hello Everyone. I'm still hanging around checking you guy out. I still haven't maiden my heli yet.
I'm a bit too lazy to search back through this thread to find the on board micro camera you guys are using. Can someone give me a link to the best key camera? I know at some point is saw that there were some models that were better then the others.

Thanks
G.
I think most people use the #11 cam. Here are some links.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/808HD-11-HD-...item2564420a4a

Following sellers are guaranteed to sell the REAL camera (there are alot of fake ones):
hxelepro360 eletoponline365 digitalele889 beetleonline kdataonline999 Digitaleletech168

power-gps internet-shop365 powerdigital898 eletech086 cuspdigitalele666 Accesseletech2010

For more information about the 808 HD #11 keychain cam:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.