Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Buddy Boxs

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Buddy Boxs

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 AM
wattmeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Boxs

What xmitters can be used as a Buddy box?
And do the Mgf. have to be the same?
I have a Futaba 7C I want to use with.
Thanks
wattmeter
Old 10-15-2011, 04:36 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy Boxs

Usually best to use same brand. Check your manual for a recommended list.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:00 AM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

You are probably stuck with Futaba. Note also Futaba has changed the cord connector several times so you need a cord and a second box to match your transmitter. If you make it through all those hoops, any matching transmitter will do since it just acts as a slave.
I had a lot of luck back in the day having my instructor stand beside me and just playing pass the box. Truth is he did the takeoffs and landings and almost always talked my out of trouble. We did fly high enough there was time for the pass but I rarely actually passed the box.

Tom

Old 10-15-2011, 06:01 AM
mudboger07

+1, also none computor radios with same. Iuse my dx8 as a master radio and slave it with either a dx5 or dx6i, i can use a dx6i as the master to the dx8 but not the dx5. If your the one being trained and if you have the funds it would be easyer if you bought a cheaper radio to use as the trainer radio, when your done with it you can either sell it or even use it for a float plane.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Lnewqban

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...AdvancedSearch
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

You can use a Hitec (non-2.4Ghz) radio as a buddy box with your 7C, or a Futaba buddy box. A Hitec Laser 4 or Laser 6 transmitter, for example, would work just fine with a Futaba "square to round" buddy cable.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
RightFly

Hi Wattmeter!

I use a Futaba 7C also. I found a T4YF Futaba trainer box on Ebay for $10 plus shipping about $7.It is only a box and not atransmitter and uses the power from the master trainer transmitter. All you will need is a trainer cord with the square micro plug on each end. It works great with my 7C.

I did have some confusion getting it set up but once I undestood that the "INH" means inhibit in the 7C programming, so set the trainer function in the 7C programming to "OFF" and it is ready to connect to the buddy box.Once the trainerbox is connected the "OFF" function sets itself to "ON" - a liitle confusing.

You connect the two together with the trainer cord andon the 7C, the lights on the T4YF will come on and your ready to go.

I also bought a newFutaba 6EX 2.4 on Ebay for about $82 and it also will connect to the 7C with the same cord. It works really great also. I had two grandsons visit this summer and they did real well as a copilot on my Flylite.

Good luck.

RT