Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

New Krill Spark Evo I- Build Thread.....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Krill Spark Evo I- Build Thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Jan Hofman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Krill Spark Evo I- Build Thread.....

[img]file:///C:/Users/Honza/Desktop/2011-10-28%2010.17.35.jpg[/img]My Spark Evo and AXI 5325/24
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25844.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1680147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84275.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1680148  
Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
wagen017

what about the red wingtips??? Is that new?

Volkert
Old 11-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Jan Hofman

wings are clearly legible at the end...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
wagen017

Ivo Krill told me by email some new designs would be available for the EVO. I was just wondering if this was an example.

Volkert
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 AM
underwoodsteve

hi guys,
C OF G , so what the best measurement please?????.

rgds
steve
Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Just got my Evo today, and was wondering if you guys got it with the rudder servo tray? The rudder tray was not in my shipment. Also did anyone add any carbon strip to the bottom of the fuz in the canopy section? it seems a little soft and wanted to get your guys's thoughts.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Jason Arnold

Looks like it should come with a tray to me.

http://www.krill-model.com/download/...age/rudder.htm

Regards,
Jason.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM
elan120
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rgreen24

Just got my Evo today, and was wondering if you guys got it with the rudder servo tray? The rudder tray was not in my shipment. Also did anyone add any carbon strip to the bottom of the fuz in the canopy section? it seems a little soft and wanted to get your guys's thoughts.

thanks in advance.

Rudder tray was not included in my kit, but was very simply to make.

I didn't add any carbon strip on the fuse around canopy, and found it to be working fine the way it is.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Evo did not have a rudder tray (or wheels) but did include a 12" sq sheet of dense foam with glass on both sides. Looked like it should make a pretty good tray so I cut one from that. Here is a picture of what I cut. I fits directly behind the carbon tube across the back of the canopy opening.

Woodie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66201.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1683414  
Old 11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Jason Arnold

That's the same stuff my Dynamic & 2008 Spark uses for a rudder tray. However, the tray was already cut out for me....

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
rgreen24

Thanks guys. Mine did not come with that dense foam with glass. Will have to make one out of Herex. Also my rudder horn is suppose to be placed at the bottom of the rudder, so I will have to place the rudder tray lower than I wanted to. Plane looks Great though, very happy with it
Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
rgreen24

Anyone have any pics of their cooling vents on the bottom of the fuz?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
woodie

You can see the cooling exits on Andrew's Spark in post #126 of this thread

Woodie
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
rgreen24

Thanks Woodie. Exactly what I was looking for
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 AM
rgreen24

Hey Woodie,mz so in that same post 126, it looks like Andrew floor where he cut out, is allmcarbon fiber, mine is only glass. I guess us normal flyers don't always get the same treatment
Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 AM
wattsup

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Robert, you don't really find this surprising, do you? Let me count the ways____Everette
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
woodie

ORIGINAL: rgreen24

Hey Woodie,mz so in that same post 126, it looks like Andrew floor where he cut out, is allmcarbon fiber, mine is only glass. I guess us normal flyers don't always get the same treatment
I noticed that also, my guess is that as models get tested and evolve, construction techniques or materials change based on what the early models exhibit. If you go thru the picture gallery on the Krill site, you can pick out several changes in construction or reinforcement.

Woodie
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 PM
flyboy91

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everette,

I wish I could say the bottom was carbon and a special version but unfortunately it's not. It's just because the bottom of my plane is blue it came through the fiberglass. Mine is soft on the bottom as well.

Andrew
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
wattsup

Andrew, thanks for the clarification. Continuing on, I've thought for more 20 years that you "F3A types" were always provided with the best equipment available at little or no cost and the planes would almost fly by themselves! Am I missing something? Just kidding...... Everette
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
wagen017

I would think it to be perfectly normal if a company would provide a top of the bill version to a top of the bill flyer. Although the "average" plane in F3A is already expensive, any design will always be a trade off between performance and cost. Also there will be a trade off in durability and lightweight design (and cost). A Formula 1 car is not designed to last 20 years as well.
I really don't see why anybody would make an issue out of that!

Volkert
Old 11-11-2011, 04:46 AM
wattsup

volkert, you might do well to read my response again. Which issue are you talking about now? You are right, the cost of some of these "shake and bakes" is over the top and IMHO it will only be a matter of time before only a few will be able to afford to stay in the game. Look around! Promotion and subsidy go hand in hand. Unfortunately for most, the purchase of one of these planes is an emotional one. A good example is the Oxai Axiome GP the World Champion flew. To some it's a choice, to others it's a means that justifies the end! It's sad to watch some of us spend what they can't afford all for the sake of being able to compete in pattern. Yes, I do understand this is a business that operates within the realm of a free market. I, for one, resent the fact that any purchase I make is going to subsidize someone else. I don't want to live in a European style economy, the current US economy is bad enough! Always remember, there is NO free lunch! Everette
Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 AM
flyboy91

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everette,

I agree with you that the planes are getting a bit pricey, but looking at the krill planes to the oxai I think your getting a good deal on the krill models. I wouldn't necessarily call these shake and bake airplanes as the molds that are used for these planes cost upwards of 10k to produce quality models.

Andrew
Old 11-11-2011, 05:49 AM
geoflys

Id just like to comment, if you look at the cost of a top notch pattern airplane...as compared to lets say, a great pair of golfclubs, a nice bicycle or motorcycle, or whatever you might choose as a hobby...I think the cost of the airplane is a bargain..!! Todays pattern airplanes are beautifull works of art, designs that are slowly refined,with production techniques that are costly, and time consuming...If you amortize the cost of that airplane over the number of hours its used,and the pleasure it gives you....I believe you will find the cost to be very low indeed!! There was a guy at the worlds this year from Austria who had built his own pattern airplane...it was very unique in its design, I spoke with him briefly, and the amount of time he had spent building this airplane and the amount of time invested, was just incredible......if time was money, Im sure he could have purchased several high cost airplane for the same cost,[8D] however he enjoys the building processSo either way ,its a costly investment....but the return on that investment is..FUN!. [8D][:-]
Old 11-11-2011, 05:54 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: wattsup

volkert, you might do well to read my response again. Which issue are you talking about now? You are right, the cost of some of these ''shake and bakes'' is over the top and IMHO it will only be a matter of time before only a few will be able to afford to stay in the game. Look around! Promotion and subsidy go hand in hand. Unfortunately for most, the purchase of one of these planes is an emotional one. A good example is the Oxai Axiome GP the World Champion flew. To some it's a choice, to others it's a means that justifies the end! It's sad to watch some of us spend what they can't afford all for the sake of being able to compete in pattern. Yes, I do understand this is a business that operates within the realm of a free market. I, for one, resent the fact that any purchase I make is going to subsidize someone else. I don't want to live in a European style economy, the current US economy is bad enough! Always remember, there is NO free lunch! Everette
You may not like the fact that the cost of a new airplane may include a portion to subsidize someone else. But reality is that advertisement (in which subsidizing is part of) plays an very important role in creating and maintaining a successful business.

I do not know if you can avoid it in a modern and free market.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:00 AM
wattsup

geoflys, if you're directing your response to me, you might note, I am a builder not a "plug and play" artist! A bargain is like a thing of beauty, it's has always been and will always be "in the eye of the beholder". Not to get too philosophical____Everette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.