Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

EASY TIGER Problems??

Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EASY TIGER Problems??

Has anyone else been having a problem getting their planes from EasyTiger?

My buddy has been waiting over 3 months now on the DR-1 1/3 scale.... will not return phone calls or e-mails.

edit: changed user name to exactly what you search for.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EASY TIGER Problems??

I did a lot of reading regarding this outfit and a few others that seem to have a similar business practice. Some folks have ordered successfully but a lot have had no luck, no product and delays beyond paypal's dispute window.
That was enough for me to put them and the others on a black list.
Hopefully it works out for your friend.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:41 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful. Someone else had to eat a double dose of humble pie for badmouthing him.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 AM
on_your_six

I do not know what to say... everything heard from him does not add up and now he is bad mouthing my friend for wanting his $1,000 plane.

There is so much more, but we are waiting another week...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 AM
flyinwalenda

Not badmouthing any of these resellers but from my research I believe these folks operate with little to no inventory on hand and order items from the manufacturer or manufacturers rep either as orders come in or collect orders to meet a minimum. When they get them in then they ship out. Too many variables and too many ways for things to go wrong with this method. Some folks have got their orders quickly while others have waited and waited. If you don't mind tying up your money and risk waiting then fine. Yes their pricing is usually good but the possible risk is just not for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
on_your_six

I am pretty sure that he operates this way... that is fine... he said 3-5 weeks up front...

What is July 5 - present? 93 days, or 3 months, or 13.3 weeks.

Then he started ducking... don't have a problem with the time so much as you can never really get a straight answer from him.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
flyinwalenda

Sounds like the response and treatment others get too.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 AM
vallawyer

Sounds like a fake post, maybe from a rival manufacturer?
First it is four months, then it is three?  Which is it?
"Your buddy" bought it?  Not you?
So let "your buddy" post if he has a problem.
There was another fellow here who was constantly posting, he ended up having to retract all his statements and publicly apologize.

Your theory is wrong anyway, I bought two planes from Easytiger, both are great, and both shipped from New York.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 AM
flyinwalenda

Good for you that it worked out. Just because it worked for you and some others doesn't mean my theory is wrong. I stand by my opinion and decision not to do business with this and the other similar outfits. Not singling any one out as I believe they all operate in a similar fashion.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
flyinucrazy
My Feedback: (107)

I am in the same boat.... My plane shipped lets see 3 weeks ago... It must be on a slow boat from China! I will never buy from ETM again period! I sent 1,700.00 + and no plane.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM
staggerwing

Don't expect any follow up from Easytiger. If you order and do receive your model and some part may be missing, Easytiger will not help you get it. They will promise continually but actually take no action. My advice, look for other alternatives.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: flyinucrazy

I am in the same boat.... My plane shipped lets see 3 weeks ago... It must be on a slow boat from China! I will never buy from ETM again period! I sent 1,700.00 + and no plane.
Are you "Terry"?Iheard from Easy Tiger that you did not have the money for the plane, that you had to pay it off for $500 a month, and that you did receive it. And that it was a special order in a special color. People love to complain online, but rarely follow up when it is resolved.
Iam a happy Easy Tiger customer, bought two planes, no problems at all, and I'm sure they make mistakes sometimes, but also sometimes there is more to teh story, like in this case. Iasked them what teh story was with some of these complaints, and they told me.
They also admitted to haveing some egg on their face from delays with Fokker Triplanes, that some were seriously delayed. Iwas surprised in that the owner was very upfront in that some complaints were valid.
I am going to order another plane, I called them to help decide which, they were very upfront also on strengths and weaknesses of each, I really like the Fokker Triplane, but it might be too big and too hard for me to set up, my hands don't work like they should. For now, I am holding off on the decision for which plane, They have a Sea Fury coming up, and a Stuca, and either of those don't need the same field assembly. Also, Iwant to do a lay-a-way plan like Mr. Terry did, which is how the whole subject of Mr. Terry came up! Good luck to you all, Ithink it will be fine.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Wildman62

I have ordered from Easytiger for a C-17, that was in Feb, 2011 still no plane.  Before I ordered it I e-mailed them and ask if they ship to Alaska and they said YES, so I ordered it and never received it.

I e-mailed them several times and called and got no answer, when I did talk to someone they told me it was sent, no tracking number to check on it , still no plane, I send e-mails no response I would like to get my money back its a lot to loose.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
on_your_six

My buddy STILL does not have his Fokker DR-1 Triplane.... $1,150 and they are ducking him and telling him that it was delivered to the wrong address (correct address was originally provided)...

they cannot provide any shipping documents.. so where did the model go? Is it back in China?

July 5 until today is 101 Days = 14.4 weeks = 3.33 months...

If they would just tell people the truth... I hope everyone else chimes in with their experience...

I was going to order the DR-1.... Now I would rather build the 1/3 scale from Balsa USA...

Edit to change actual value after talking to my friend.... believe it or not... he would just be happy to see boxes on his doorstep.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
flyinucrazy
My Feedback: (107)

Since vallawyer is on such good terms with ETM and can get them on the phone, have him help you....
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 AM
on_your_six

That would be really nice...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM
mebaboat
My Feedback: (28)

x
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Careful. Someone else had to eat a double dose of humble pie for badmouthing him.
What happened?
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 AM
vallawyer

The owner of Easytiger gave me the tracking number, confirming you did indeed get your plane, and that you were guy on the layaway plan, that it took your longer to pay than it took you to receive the plane.
He also asked me not to get involved in threads like this, even though my intensions are good, it's not my place to get involved.
It's still pretty disturbing that someone would post they did not get a plane, when they really did. Iguess anybody can say anything on the internet. Good luck.
Happy customer of ETM

Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

vallawyer,
I find it hard to believe you are the only person who can get in touch with ETM. Seems awful fishy to me.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

The owner of Easytiger gave me the tracking number, confirming you did indeed get your plane, and that you were guy on the layaway plan, that it took your longer to pay than it took you to receive the plane.

Why did he give the tracking number to you? Do you work for Easytiger?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
flyinwalenda

Sockpuppet ?
Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
on_your_six

Still no plane.... what is the current excuse?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:43 PM
mebaboat
My Feedback: (28)

Hello:

I sent an e-mail twice demanding my money back, I sent 1150.00 dollars to this guy for a dr-1 no plane that was July 5th now heading on 5 months.

You know if he was strait up about problems I would under stand, but hes not. It looks like I will have to go up to new york and file a small claims suit, and he can tell his story to a judge.

Cecil McIntyre
Old 11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Wildman62

I've gone to BBB in NY, they sent him the paper work about my complain and he didn't respond to them, they wrote me back and said there is nothing more they can do.

I leave in Alaska so for me to file a law suite wouldn't help, I paid him 437.00 for a C-17 I ordered in Feb, same response as you are getting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.