Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Doss Steed's Mustang Update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Doss Steed's Mustang Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Doss Steed's Mustang Update

Yes, please do. I'd love to finally see what they look like...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Doss Steed's Mustang Update

It just looks vary home made and the screws are so small on the torque links. Its a real work of art but I dont think it will take a lot of landings before somethingsnaps off. The springs are too short and dont push the piston all theway down. It seems like if it did the strut would pull apart because the piston is short.maybe I donthave all theparts. The gear door arms are made of resion. I see some guys on here have them made of Dicast aluminum. I still think if I fy it it should have Serria gear in it because I want to keep theSteed Stuff looking like new for show. Sotwo wings sound like a good Idea for now till I getmore info on what I just bought. The rest of the stuff is still on the way from Steve so I hope nothing gets broken during shipment.Bob can you give me aquick history lesson on this project. I fly out at Dick Watz place andhe is a vary good friend. His son Eric and I havehad lots of fun over the years flying Giant Cardenstogether but as of last year we finaly made the jump to scale with Dick watching in glee.He said wecame to the dark side LOLThis plane will be my showbird once done. My flyers are Top flight for everyday bashing aroundfor now but I have a Valliy FW190 and a ZiroliBearcat on theshelf. But now the Steed is my main intrest..I have some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44068.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1686740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43827.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1686741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64592.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	139.9 KB