Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help. Traxxas nitro 4tec 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 PM
BabyShrek96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Traxxas nitro 4tec 2.5

I got an Rc car about 5 years ago..I used it twice, i was about 15..and had it in my closet ever since..im 20 now..and woke up this morning and said hey i wanna play with my Rc car lol
I Put gas in it..and charged my Ez starter, put 8 new batteries in my remote and 4 in my car. Hope for it to start right up and nothing lol. Went to the hobby store bought a new battery for my Ez start because my old battery kinda looked messed up to me..so i thought it was that..charged thar sucker up..and nothing..went back. bought a new glow plug wire..installed that..got the glow plug light to finally light on my ez starter..but still nothing..any ideas on why the car wont start? and what i can do to fix this..dont know much about Rc cars..so bare with me

Thanks for the help

-BabyShrek96
Old 11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
BabyShrek96

Default RE: Help. Traxxas nitro 4tec 2.5

Getting really annoyed about it..Went to the hobby store..got brand new fuel since the fuel i was using was old..thought forsure that was the problem..charged the ez starter til it was ready so both lights, the motor and glow light would come on..and nothing. any tips? tricks? any help lol

very distraught about it.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
setxws6

Default RE: Help. Traxxas nitro 4tec 2.5

Check to make sure you're getting fuel, air and "spark"...the three parts needed for combustion. We know you getting "spark" because you have a new glow plug in and the light on ez start is on. When your turning the motor over, trying to start it, are you seeing fuel run through the fuel line, from the tank to the carb? If not, try holding your thumb over the exhaust opening and turn the motor over with the ez start, this will put some back pressure on the tank and push fuel to the carb. Also, check to make sure your carb is not closed. Pull your air filter housing off and check to see if the carb is cracked open when your trying to start the engine.

If none of this is working, there's a possiblity the motor doesn't have good compression. It could have been damaged when you ran it a few times 5yrs ago getting it too hot not knowing what you were doing at the time. Also, if you see any fuel coming out the exhaust it means the motor is flooded and wont start.

Hope something here helps you out. Let us know how it goes.