Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Top flite seafury build and kit bashed tempest

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Top flite seafury build and kit bashed tempest

Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
keet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top flite seafury build and kit bashed tempest

ORIGINAL: grumman-cats

here's a few pics of the engine hanging on the front. I also have a size comparison with it next to a .60 fp
Looking forward to hearing your success on this gasser. Can you post pictures of the complete install with muffler once mounted.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
grumman-cats

I finally got off my U know What and finished hooking up my new engine for this aircraft. I had a little trouble getting it started but my standard hi-tork starter turned over just fine. The needle valves needed some minor adjustment and then everything fell into place. I was limited to propellor size, my local HS only had a 16x4 apc so I bought that. After about a half a tank of fuel I tached it and got 9000 rpm's. The throttle response was the best I've seen or heard in a motor. With only one tank of fuel it's running great. Hopefully I'll have some inflight info for you guys by next week. Right now if it continues to run like it is, I'm sold. My glow engine's will be on ebay. Oh, and one other thing, it appears to be incredibly fuel effiecent.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19454.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1458075  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 PM
fillopygeesi
My Feedback: (1)

hey just checkin out your sea fury, im about to start one sometime this winter. Which struts are you using is that 3/8 or 7/16
Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 PM
grumman-cats

I used the 3/8" struts, however the robart gear that I used were not strong enough to do the job. I am not overall impressed with the robart air driven gear. If I ever do use them again, it will be on a lighter plane. I definately recomment the gas engine vrs the glow. I like the reliability of gassers.