Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Heli stuff and fellowship

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli stuff and fellowship

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 AM
matty_p80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Jay and Donica, how absolutely wonderful! what an experience with bonuses for both of you (one isn't tagging along with the other for support!)! Jay mate, i couldn't be happier for you that you're behind those sticks and pedals again! i welled up, seriously, when i read that you'd be flying again and know exactly how much it's returned your personality back to the Jay we first knew from these pages! they don't need any mechanics do they? (kidding, it would be just too far from my family, unless they came too?)

i myself have news, not quite of that grand scale but making me smile like a lunatic! last Sunday, just before jumping on the bus to go to Seville airport, i put yet another order in with my, now favourite, online LHS, [link=http://www.fast-lad.co.uk]Fast-Lad.co.uk[/link] and got this week a four blade FBL Align head and swash for my Apache, along with Quantum Products brushless upgrade kit for the mCPX!! the head is built and waiting fitting to the Apache (more on that in a mo.), the brushless kit has everything (except an extended boom), main and tail motors, carbon fibre frame, 2 X ESC's and converter, all for £80!! bit steep considering the cost of the heli but it will be going bezerk when all this is fitted!

on top of that, i had this weekend off and yesterday was so gloriously perfect for flying i nearly cried! slightly overcast with a slight ripple of a breeze! i had to get mud and snow tyres fitted to the car (legal requirement here in Germany) and thought i wasn't going to take advantage of the weather! those lovely men at A.P.U. came through for me and did my car in a couple of hours! went straight home where i had lined everyone up in the hall and packed my car at a rush! went out to the gliding club (full scale) and started off with my Mosquito ultra micro. only have one battery for that but got a good 10 mins. nice slow scale flying! skipped the Su26 UMx and went straight into getting Budgie moving around! got hovering and noticed a huge lean to the left and remembered i didn't put the bias back in after levelling the swash so landed and did a quick adjustment! got off the ground again and started doing some l-r-l runs with gentle tail turns but it still needed more right roll input, which is when i found that my DX6i is starting to show it's age and the right roll trim wasn't responding! i landed pretty much straight away and decided not to continue heli flying as it's more critical to have a balanced bird, so got the Extra 300 out and started whooping it up! that orange bird (Peaches) is so easy to see it's great and IMHO going from helis to planks is a sinch! got some nice controlled, slow loops and even a nice knife edge and an outside loop done. did a couple of landings but alas on the last one, came in a little too hot, caught the tail wheel on a tuft of grass which sent the nose down hard and cracked it once more in the old injury and the whole nose floppped off, held on only by the Esc wires! got her back home and glued her straight away and she's good as new again!!

the upshot of my Tx failing is it's given the push i needed to go and purchase a DX8i, which i have ordered from [link=http://www.fast-lad.co.uk]Fast-lad.co.uk[/link] at £295 with the telemetry and Rx!! excruciatingly excited now (oh, and ordered the FBL main shaft for the 500, which i forgot to order with the head!! DOH!)

the other thing that i got on a previous order is the plain white canopy for Budgie along with a set of "Hi-viz" decals, which will hopefully aid in the orientation problem i'm having with that little blighter!

okay, time to go make some dinner! sorry this has turned epic but been storing everything up so i have something to input!!

be good

p,l,c+mh

Matty
Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Mack66

Welcome home, brother. I was in Camp Holloway in Pleiku.

Mack
Old 11-06-2011, 01:20 PM
flyachopper1

Good day my friends,
Dia bom meus amigos,
I hope this finds you all healthy and in good humor.
eu espero que isto o senhor ache todo saudável e em humor bom.

If you do not mind I will be practicing some Portugese here. That language kind of reminds me of the Cajun dialect I hear from Donica and her family often. Seems to be a mix of at least two languages if not more with some slang intermeshed.

First off I will address the conversation on 'Nam. I was not a pilot in the military. Often a passenger though and filled in at the door when needed. I was a member of the Navy special forces and we were constantly being 'taxied' to one wonderful st hole or another. We were based out of Cam Rahn Bay and were sent everywhere. Not the best memories of my life except that I developed a love for helicopters from it. I do not go into detail on those times as a lot of it I need to keep at the back of my mind. My piloting began after the military years and I did it on my own as a civilian. Started with planes and advanced to rotorcraft. Found I had a knack for the helis and decided to make it a career. Owned an Ecureuil AS 350 B which was gradually turned into a variant with motor, interior and electronic upgrades. Ran my own flying service for years out of Nebraska doing just about everything that could be done in a heli. Sold that awhile back and retired due to a snakebite injury to the nerves in my left arm that caused the anal suits and ties at the FAA To revoke and refuse to reissue my licenses. Have not been happy about that.

It is good to be flying again. These birds I am jockeying now are a lot different from what I had flown in the past. The basics are the same, but, lots of differences too. This is a learning experience for me as well as a 'job'. Seems a sin to call this a job. It is pure fun, excitement and adventure that is helping people at the same time. This deal was something we stumbled across by having conversations with some friends and new aquaintances in Baton Rouge. The idea was proposed to me over a couple of beers one evening. When I told Donica about it a spark appeared in her and over the course of a couple of weeks we discussed it at length with each other and the others involved. We had met the person in charge of setting it all up in a social setting and had become friends. He was recruiting civilian and former military pilots for three different projects. The other two were in areas that were just too hot for me to involve Donica. She and I opted to check into the one we are involved in now. It was the sort of thing that gave her the incentive to give up what she had been doing for over 12 years and was getting tired of. It as well gave her the opportunity to use all her education and experience properly and myself an opportunity to fly again. Foolish as it may seem to dive into a foriegn country and take off on an adventure when she had a lucrative career and I was very comfortably retired, we needed this. So, here we are, exploring yet another part of the planet and immersing ourselves into a foriegn culture.

Like Mack says, life flows by fast and if you do not take advantage of chances , or even create opportunities to dive into it much of the essence of it passes you by. A very wise local elderly man put it to us as "Vivendo no mundo não apenas sobre ele para aprender os caminhos de outros povos que eles heve aprendeu com seus ancestrais e de outros para criar um conhecimento de outros povos e ao mundo que se pode manter como seus próprios e misture para compartilhar com os outros para o benefÃ*cio do mundo". "Living in the world not just on it to learn the ways of other peoples that they heve learned from their ancestors and from others to create a knowledge of other peoples and the world that one can keep as their own and mix for sharing with others to the benefit of the world". Donica, being of Native American heritage, is loving learning the "ways" and being involved with a people that have a very similar outlook on knowing other cultures and living "in" our planet in ways of harmony with it and the other cultures.

Spoke on the phone with Donicas parents this morning and her dad is going to pack up our 500s and get them coming this way for us. He will be working from a list I quoted him so we will have all we need to fly and maintain them here. There is absolutely nothing here for RC flying. He will build a sturdy crate and pack in our tools, spare parts, batteries, etc. Of course the two 500s also. We both are anxious to get them here so we can 'play' on our free time. At present the weather here is ideal for flying. It is hot and humid (we both love that kind of weather), but nearly no wind and clear blue skies most of the time. The only evidence of anything RC here we have seen so far is a small group that runs RC cars and trucks. They have a small spot of land on the east edge of the city that they have set up as a very nice off road style track. I may have to get back into that again and build a truck of some kind. They are strictly electric here as glo fuel just is not available. It would be way to expensive to get it here for them.

Thanks me comrades for your usual positive support of what we are doing of late. As always you have been true friends and a needed part of our days.

Matty me mate,
Your words rang dear with us. Donica was sent to tears reading them. She has vowed that barring something stopping us we will most assuredly have to make efforts to meet you and your family in person someday. Ales and food are on us. As fellow travellers we hope we can arrange to get together in one of these exoctic places of the world and enjoy it together with you and yours. Mechanics??? There seems to be a very well trained group of yanks here at present. They are training some of the locals and military to maintain the helis. The man in charge of the entire project is ramrodding that group. I cannot expose much about him but can say he has experiences most of us have never even imagined and will likely never do. A very interesting and mysterious individual. Just the sort I enjoy bein around and is someone with insights that allow he and I to talk about 'old times' and have a mutual respect for things in our past. Enough on that.

I promised my Cajun Beauty we would rent a couple of dirt bikes and go scampering about some today to learn more of the city and the area around it. So, I must be going. Another thing we are missing is the Harley. May have to check into what it would take to get it sent here. May not be a feasible idea though as most of the roads outside of town are not of the type a Harley handles well. The dirt bikes are more sensible. For now the Harley is safely tucked away at her parents place as are our cars and the trailer.

Oh-ooohhh-must go. A beauty of a lass just whispered in my ear that she is ready to be taken out into the bush. Methinks it is a good time to go. We have hired a guide to show us the way around and keep us from getting lost as well as out of places that could get us into difficulties. I promised his wife to have him home for dinner.

Mais tarde me amigos. Ter o melhor dos dias.
Later me friends. Have the best of days.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Mack66

Jay, sei que vocês caras estão a ter um grande momento ali. Espero que possamos encontrar algures no futuro. Vai haver muitas histórias para partilhar e muita cerveja para ser consumido!

Que Diz respeito,

Mack

For the rest of you, I wrote (I think):

Jay, I know you guys are going to have a great time down there. I hope we can meet sometime in the future. There will be many stories to share and much beer to be consumed!

Regards,

Mack
Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Have a good time and stay safe down there!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM
rcmiket

+1 on that, especially the safe part.
Mike
Old 11-09-2011, 04:13 PM
dooleyje

Hey everyone.. I just got in from a a great day of flying...well.... up until my DX8 throttle pot decided to crap out.. Lucky I was flying My well modified MCPX and not my big birds.... The throttle in low position is drifting from about 1/4 stick to all the way off and changes on every stroke. Hench when upside down I had no power or pitch to climb out. I thought I had a bad motor or somthing but we traced it to the radio transmitter. The transmitter goes into a high throttle warning when turning it on. I am a bit aggrevated about it. Now I have to send it in for yet another upgrade and fix. At leasr Horizon is good about it and will take care of it asap. Get this... 65F,, NO WIND, SUNNY last two days...

I have a pretty full plate in my shop. I have a few fuselages to mount and one I have not tried is the new Blade4503D into an EC135. I do not see any problem so it should be a good mount. I have a chance to buy my buddies Outrage 550 FBL heli at a great price and I tell ya, it kinda makes my mouth water thinking of it. I will have to study on it.

Hey Matty, there will be a new 450 with a FBL system in January. It will have the new Spectrum 7200bx receiver/beast fbl system. The 7200 will be available by it self for $239 and will be full range. I hope to snag one. I have one pre ordered through the store. Congtrates on your new purchases

Donica and Jay have a great adventure and I nhope all is cool. I bet Donica enjoys the flying.

Mike what are you minto lately?

Mack, I don't know what you were saying but I assure you I waas not smoking in the back of the bus-o... Beer to comsum SEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jim
Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
rcmiket

"Mike what are you minto lately? "

Trying to stay out of trouble. Got my Seahawk finished just need some trim flights on it. Oh yea got started on our new field.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15886.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1684455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11458.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1684456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm25174.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1684457  
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
dooleyje

Sorriuy, I gfatfinger the kleyboard sometinesdsd.

Nice field!!!

Jim
Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 AM
rcmiket

Thanks, the guy who owns the private field we also fly at just added another 200 feet yesterday now it's 600 X 75. All the comforts of home also. Only problem is it's very confined surrounded by houses then end has some very tall ham antennas.
Mike
Old 11-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Mack66

JD,

Sorry to hear about your DX8! Sure hope this isn't a pandemic flaw in that model. Otherwise, Tower's gonna be busy, huh? Things coulda been real bad if you had been flying your big birds upside-down and backwards!

Smokin'? Bus? What bus? Haha.

Glad to see you finally got some good weather. It kinda got real breezy here, plus we had to shut down the field anyway this week so our farmer could cut hay (Ag tax break). Tomorrow is mowing day for the field and Saturday is our AMA sanctioned JetFest. Guess I'll be water boy on Saturday. Heh. Sunday looks like it might be nice.

If I can ever get the rest of my order in, I'm going to tear down the Redline 53 in my new SDX and replace its stock bearings with stainless ones. This time it will be pre-emptive rather than letting the stock bearings wear and ruin the engine prematurely. That heli spent most of it's time waiting for its owner to come back and fly it. Even with treatments by Greg, I still don't trust what its state might be, so I'll get rid of those bearings and put in something that I know will last much longer and whose condition is known.

Besides, it's fun to take those engines apart. I'm waiting on a flywheel wrench and crankshaft locking tool. Time for me to step up and do these things by myself without Greg holding my hand. My runout tool is already here... And I can't wait to see the look on my wife's face when I pop the engine into her oven!

Mike,

I'm really liking that new runway you guys put in. If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to put that in? I know our plank pilots would like to have one at our field be nice to know what to budget...just sayin' you know? Haha.

Personally, I'd prefer to crash a heli in the dirt as opposed to crashing into asphalt or concrete!

All,

Gotta get to gettin' as Donica says. We have a NW Houston Radio Control club meeting this evening so I'd better go powder my nose and hit the road. The meeting is at Valley Ranch BBQ, 22548 State HWY 249 @ Spring Cypress, Houston, Texas 77070

Come on by if you can. Meeting starts at 7pm or so grab some BBQ and join us in the private room.

Mack
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM
rcmiket

Our runway 2.5 inches thick 400 X 35 used 225 tons of hot mix at $60.00 a ton a little over 15 grand.
Putting it down another $3700.00.
All the prep work was donated by a local contractor which saved us a ton of cash.
We will have another $3000.00 in putting up the shade.
We got away cheap.
Mike
Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Mack66

Mike, I'm having a severe case of sticker shock here. Man that grass is lookin' better and better! Haha.

Yep, you don't get something for nothing. Getting free prep was sweet.

Mack
Old 11-11-2011, 05:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow vets and those currently serving.

As Lee Greenwood said it...
"I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me
And I'll proudly stand up next to him to defend her still today,
Cuz there aint no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA"
Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: Mack66

Mike, I'm having a severe case of sticker shock here. Man that grass is lookin' better and better! Haha.

Yep, you don't get something for nothing. Getting free prep was sweet.

Mack

Can't take it with ya. Our clubs building something that hopefully will still be used long after most of us are gone.
Mike
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 AM
dooleyje

WELCOME HOME!!

Jim
Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
matty_p80

Happy Vets Day to all! Semper Fi!

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

does Matty have a humungous grin that won't go away or what?!!

got my DX8 through on Wednesday ( i love this 2-5 day delivery thing: anything up to 30kg for an extra £20!!! ordered Sunday, received Wednesday!!!)! one thing i have to have cleared up though, the Rx has Aux1 connection but the Tx only has Aux2 & 3 sw/knob!! i have plugged the Gyro sense lead into the GEAR ch. and put the PITCH in the Aux1! the destruction manual very kindly shows how to set a plank up with the AR8000 but then shows a heli set up with AR7100R governor enabled Rx which has 2 gear outputs!!???!! what is making it more confusing is they show the sense connection going into the sw. gear channel and the sense gear channel is left alone??? if anyone has an explanation for this then am always keen to learn!

the Apache is out of it's fuse and the canted tail in place (might be a bit different when i test fly it) and i will make a makeshift skid (or "stinger" which is the name of the ones on the OH58's) for the tail. so that i don't damage the rudder linkages when landing! have put the AR8000 in the Apache so that i can utilise the nav lights that were already fitted!

am pretty much at a point where i can bind the Rx and start the servo neutralising (which is the whole reason for taking it out of the shell) and then work from there and put the beautifully crafted 4 blade head on! am going to try it without e-stabilisation to begin with just to see how it flies!

i have got one of my herd off the ground, the mCPX, just so i got a little fix and to see how much different the sticks are compared to the DX6i! it's luvvvvuurrrrrrrrrly!

one of the tools i recently purchased in my binge was a Fusuno 0 deg. pitch levelling tool! you take the button off the head and screw it on at the centre and both blade bolts! it's essentially a strip of perspex/plastic with the holes drilled at the right positions but such an easy idea! will come back on how useful/effective it is!

as a small addendum: if anyone gets as annoyed as i when the little 2.4GHz antenna on the RX's will not behave properly (the distributors like to wrap them in tight for packaging and they tend to get an elastic memory), save some of your trimmed zip-tie ends and use them as a splint by taping the antenna to them! job done! just call me Martha!

guys gotta go as we're treating ourselves and getting genuine fish and chips from a shop in Ramstein (about 3/4 hr away)

be good love ya loads

plc+mh

Matty
Old 11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
dooleyje

Matty the gear channel is correct.. In the gyro program you tell it which switch you want to use for flight mode. You will need to go into Fmode in the aircraft programs to activate the Hold . The Pitch will always be aux1 in any receiver. Go ahead and register your radio in the Spectrum Community and simply down load updates and aircraft setups to your SD card and then import to your radio via the aircraft you selected You know.. Turn radio on while holding the roller down and you will get to the proper aircraft programs such as name, type, servo speeds ETC.

Jim
Old 11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
flyachopper1

Hello all,
We hope all the vets had a good holiday. We thank all of you for what you have done in the past present and future. I personally want to thank all those that were my brothers, comrades and support when I needed them. I am alive because of the efforts of some others. You will not ever be forgotten.

Mack,
Sim, meu amigo, até agora nós estamos tendo o melhor dos tempos aqui. As cervejas e histórias de som para ser muito divertido. Esperamos tornar realidade um dia em breve. Have to say, I am beginning to 'get' what speaking Portugese is about. I can rattle off enough now to find a good place to eat, who has American beers and maybe even find out where the hand grenade is hidden[sm=devious.gif]. The 'vets' in the bunch will understand that one. Donicas is already rattling off full sentences and chatting with some of the locals quite well. I have to say, it kind of gives me a warm rush to watch her speak in a foriegn language. Not to sound 'randy' but it is kind of the old 'french maid' kind of thing[sm=tongue_smile.gif].

Matty me mate,
It is a proud thing to say we know you. Thanks for all you have done to help in the struggles for freedom and another thanks for doing what you are doing now to continue helping keep our comrades well equipped and tooled up for the job they are doing now. Keep obtaining new toys there. Cannot have enough and, besides, that way when we 'drop' in you will have enough for us all to play with. Pats on the shoulder from me mate and hugs from Donica.

Mike,
Nice new runway. That will be pure pleasure to fly off and onto. Should make a big difference in a lot of landings. I bet if you needed the first scratches put down on it JD would be willing to come and do one of his signature "sliding whatchmacallits" right down the center.

'Cuda,
Good to see you are still watching over us here on the thread. Thanks for your well wishes. A veterans thanks to you my brother for doing your part when needed.

JD,
Tipped an ale in your honor last night. Thanks to you also for being one those that were there in a pinch and did what was necessary.

If I have forgotten anyone please know that this is for all of you. I am proud to belong to such a brotherhood and to call myself one of them.

My oh my, did we get busy here. Donica has gotten all her orientation and flight EMT classes out of the way and she is now my partner in yet another way. The "DonJay" flying team is flying for real now. She is making all the trips out with me now and is loving every minute of the flying. She looks darn cute in her flightsuit and headset. We have had a lot of work lately. Where it is the summer months here there are a lot of people getting hurt pursuing their professions of fishing, hunting, guiding, etc. We flew out this morning along with two of the other Venoms to pick up seven people that were injured in an explosion. The propane cookstove in their community kitchen tried to go into orbit. Near as we can tell there was a leak inside the building and when they lit the stove, BOOM! Leveled the building and scattered pieces of it over about a 300 foot area. Miraculously there were no bad burns. Mostly Concussion injuries and broken bones. A few large gashes from flying debris. It happened in a small village about 150 miles from Tingo Maria and a ways out in the jungle. We had to land right in the middle of the village as the bush is so thick right up to the edge of the village there were no other open spots. We ran the birds in in sequence. One would land and load while the others hovered. As one left another would set down. It is a pure pleasure working with these other pilots here. They all have a strong sense of team and our "boss", the retired LT. Colonel, is a master planner and strategist.

It is now nearly 6 PM here (5PM in Nebraska, central time) and we are not done for today yet. We have made three trips out to different places already today and are waiting on a plane from Lima to arrive with medical supplies that must be taken up river into the jungle about 80 miles. There is an american doctor working in a village there and he needs stuff. We have been asked by the local hunting supplier if we could haul some ammo and gear up there for them too. Of course we said yes and will be a "freighter" too on this trip. Donica is done for the day and is going to ride along with me on this delivery. We will be staying over in that village until sunrise tomorrow and then go on to another little bare spot in the jungle to pick up a mom and baby. The baby needs surgery and that will be done in Lima. We will get them to Tingo Maria and on a plane for Lima. The doctor there has promised to feed us some real good steaks when we get there.

So far, me mates, this gig is a very good one. Satisfying to provide a service to some that they cannot get any other way. We are keeping very busy and the best of it is the flying. I am feeling back in my element of late and that is quite good to me. I feel like there is purpose again. Not to mention getting to fly a $20,000,000 bird with my name painted on the side[sm=rolleyes.gif]. These Venoms are amazing in what they can do and what they have built into them to make doing those things easy.

Donicas Dad got the 500s packed up and started this way this morning. So, we should have some small birds to play with soon. We will get them out and up asap and see how many of the millions of insects around here we can splatter. Yes, the bugs are thick but it is like some of the other places some of us have been. You get used to them and learn how to keep them at bay. The support staff and mechanics do lots of windscreen washing on the big birds as well as pulling screens and filters for cleaning or replacement. After one trip out to a rather swampy spot the main rotors on my bird looked rather 'fuzzy' and were multicolored from all the insect remains on them. The mechanics here have a rather interesting way of cleaning those main rotors. They have built a network of pipes that they can roll around the heli. Through this they pump soapy water out of a bunch of nozzles. It produces a spray that completely envelops the heli. Then, as it sprays, They start up the engines and spin the rotors at neutral pitch within the spray. Cleans them up nicely. It is fun to watch. They get water and soap flying out in a cloud.

I can see the plane we are waiting for coming into the runway so I must go warm up my bird. Yes, my bird. Has my name on it doesn't it???[sm=stupid.gif] Sooory mates, had a bit of an ego bump there. I'm fine now.

Donica says "hidee doodles y'all" and sends her love. Better catch up with her. She is nearly running to the heli. The girl cannot seem to get enough of the flying part. Damn, all this fun, the best possible partner and getting paid to boot. Life is a good thing.

Mais tarde me encaixar, ter o melhor dos dias.
Later me mates, have the best of days.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Mack66

Jay,

Vida ... é bom.

So glad all is well.

Fellow Veterans,

Thanks to all of you. I salute you, brothers and sisters.

All,

Looks like Jay and Donica will be our source for adventure in the immediate future. I'm getting Indonesian flashbacks. On the more boring home front, our club held a JetFest today and all went well. Winds were howling. We lost a few jets, but hey, they're foamies and a little CA fixed most of 'em. Wally's C-17 flew again, dropping paratroopers along the way a couple times. We sent a young lad out to rescue them while flights continued. We figured a small, fast moving target would have a better chance of survival on the active...

By the time the funfly wrapped up, the winds were running 15-25mph. Ronnie flew once and packed it in. Just too much work to fly for little gained. But the company was fun and the club managed to make a little money so life is good (see above).

I'm waiting on a couple more tools, then will dig in to my SDX and replace the bearings in the Redline 53 with stainless steel. The OEM bearings are susceptible to corrosion and I want to get those outta there before I run into trouble as I have in the past with my first engine.

Still fiddling around with my Model Avionics Throttle Max: TJPro/RevM1 governor. Trying to fully understand how to implement it with the DX7. Some quirky things going on with it, but I do like how it behaves. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll be forced to call in for tech support! [X(]

We've got more weather coming in tomorrow and Monday-Tuesday. Wind and rain. Sooner or later it has to go away, and then we'll be out there tearing up the skies...again!

Mack
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM
dooleyje

Hello everyone. I have been working on the EC135 project and I have to say that it is the easiest install I have had. The only thing I had to do was redrill the mounting holes to line up with Blade4503d and to center the tail chaft in the big round fane hole in the back..Ha I contructed a battery shelf extension to bring the battery as far forwar as possible for c/g correction. All I am waiting for now is the light kit to arrive from Tinybrightlights. It has been way too windy to do any flying. Tomorrow night we will have our third indoor fly-in but I may not be able to attend this week with all the projects I have in the shop.. I borrowed the stores DX8 to use while mine is having the "upgrades" done. Good thing is that all I had to do was load my models via the SD card and not have to miss a beat. My radio was one of the original few that was shipped out so I have had to send it back in for upgrades,

Matty congrates on your DX8 bud.....your gonna love it.

Mack, get that bird finished

Donica and Jay,,, keep it flying,

Andy, did you get the New Vibe review under way?

Take care all and I will hollar later,

Jim
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
cajungirl

Hay hidee doodles all y'all,
Golly gosh, have we ever been busy. This area is full of small villages all scattered around the jungle and lots of folks need tendin' to. They all live purty rough lives and get dinged up a lot. I'm glad to be here for awhile helpin' them out. so many of them are great people and we've made some real good friends of them. We're startin' to come back to the house and find little gifts and some real good food waitin' for us on the step. There's one lady here whose son we brought in once with a broken arm and she is convinced that Jay and I need a son. You know how that goes with some of those "mom" types. Anywho, we had a good chuckle the other day when she stopped by with a hand carved wooden figurine as a gift. She took me aside and told me it was a fertility god and would help us have a son. It was so much of a special moment I hugged her and thanked her for her kindness. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the baby thing isn't something Jay and I plan on and that it was taken care of surgically in Jay a long time ago. Jay got a good snicker out of it when I told him and then I got another laugh when he looked at me with fear in his eyes and asked if I'd changed my mind about kids. He really looked scairt and it was so funny. I told him I hadn't and he felt better. 'Sides, our lifestyle and ages aren't compatible with babies.

I'm really, really enjoying my work here. It's a good feeling to do it and the flying, oh my, the flying. I haven't had this much fun for a long long time. It's so cool that Jay and I get to be a team. We get to be together and see each other do what we're good at. It's having a deepening effect on our relationship and creating memories that will last forever. I'm glad we did this 'rash' thing. My world has grown from it exponentially. Jay and I are speaking to each other in Portugese as much as we can on the flights so we can get practiced up. Apparently Jay really likes hearing me speak it. He gets all cuddly. Dirty ol' man anyway. I love it.

We were out and about a little last night looking around town more and searching for a good place to try more local food when we came across a little park. There were some of the natives there sitting around strumming guitars, singing and sharing a couple bottles of some kind of homemade wine made from a wild plum that grows here. It was really good. We stuck around and got involved in a game of grass bowling (ninepins to you I think Matty). After a rousing game of that some of the youger guys started practicing their Kapueta to music. Wowsers, those boys can move. Lots of spinning and kicking. Fascinating stuff. "Fraid I would break something sensitive if I tried it. Hacky sack is popular here too with the kids. Some of them mix in the Kapueta with that and it's real fun to watch.

My Daddy e mailed to tell us that the 500s were working their way through the customs hoops and headin' our way. He said he put in everything on our list and Mom added a few small things like some of her homemade hand lotion, some fudge (mmmm-love her fudge), some photos of Dad building the crate and of the family picnic they had since we left. Cool, things from home. Always welcome. Daddy remarked 'bout how heavy the box was and how much the freight to Peru was. Jay will reimburse him for that. He said it cost almost $275. Jay thinks that's a bargain. He once paid $1200 freight to get some parts out of France for his black beauty. We expect it to take about two weeks for the crate to work its way to us and we're anxious to get our little birds here. We want to show off for some of the people we work with and some of the locals.

Well, shuckins. I gotta go. We just got dispatched out for a run up river. Seems there's a fella that took a header off his dirt bike up there and needs brought in for some bone settin'. I've 'bout yakked enough anyway.

Ta ta toodles y'all. See ya real soon. Please be safe, healthy and happy.

Love Donica
Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
cajungirl

Hi there everybody,
OK, getting right to it. This is not easy for me to write. For a long time now Jay and I have been subjected to a lot of mean spirited and some downright evil e mails. This all started soon after we joined this forum in 2008. We've made all efforts to stem this problem and it continues. We've done all we can think of, i.e. changing e mail addresses more than once, limiting who we gave those addresses to and even having a computer expert try to track down where the e mails were originating from. He found that most of them could be traced back to participation on this forum. This doesn't mean it's members involved, but that our info is being gleaned from the site. Of recent (since our latest move to where we are) these e mails have gotten worse and more numerous. Back when we got married was another time of them increasing. We are now experiencing another "wave" of these malicious messages. It seems to have escalated this time beyond insulting our character, accusing us of lying about who we are and what we do, accusations of one person pretending to be both of us, etc. We've made attempts to handle this without bringing it up on the thread and this hasn't worked. We've done our best to ignore these low lifes and continue participating in the thread and forums but it has worn us out and is now at the point of dominating our mailboxes everyday. To add another level, some of the messages are becoming threats to our well being and our lives. We've discussed this at length and it is decided that we just can't continue this way. We will be withdrawing from the forum and changing all of our online info. It saddens us to think we must leave a group that we consider friends but with all we have to deal with at present we just do not need this too. I have spent hours in an evening trying to sort through e mails to find the ones we need. Quite frankly, neither of us has the time or the energy to do this anymore. So, with that said, We sadly bid goodbye to our little corner of the forum here that has become such a big part of our lives. We thank all of you for being good friends and hope all of you continue to stay healthy, happy and safe.

Donica and Jay
Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 PM
dooleyje

removed
Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
one thumb

Dear Jay and Donica,
I am so sorry this happened, blessings to you both
Old one thumb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.