Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

IS RCCANADA site down?

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

IS RCCANADA site down?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: IS RCCANADA site down?

Looks like the only way that you don't get banned if you express an opinion that runs contrary to RCRick is if you’re a site supporter. It’s like a reality show those on the inside clique and those who are tolerated as non supporters. Don’t rock the boat and you might be safe. MAAC dropped their association with RCC when Jason sold it. Once there were all kinds of ZDs, committee members and chairman frequenting the site now you don’t see any. Many of the long time members are now gone. Many times the content in the off topic section contains jokes and videos that are inappropriate for youngsters. Remember when RCC was a family site? I sent this same note as a pm to an other member on the site and was promptly locked out. So your PMs are not necessarily private.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:53 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's what I hope to avoid with mine. Good to hear people still like the opinions of many and a steady place to learn and communicate ideas.

Ryan
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is the way RCC bans members is by blocking them from entering the site. This would explains some of the timeouts discussed earlier in this thread. I'm not sure if there is a time limit regarding when the ban ends. If it is important to you, and you still want to go to the site, you can enter as a new member, with different ID, from another computer.

They still leave your old name up as a member, people can send you PM's, and people can respond to threads you start or subscribe to, but you can not get to the site and respond (even though they left your name up as a member).
So nobody knows you have been banned.

I'm not sure why he would not remove names from the member list, seems strange. There must be some comercial value to keep the member numbers up.

I do know they monitor your PM's (personal messages) there since the administrator contacted me about a discussion I had in one of my PM's (nothing against the rules but was discussing the administrator - he didn't like it).

I feel sorry for the moderators, they are looking bad because of the current administrator's actions.

I'm with Ed S. regarding standing up for what is right.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

My understanding is the way RCC bans members is by blocking them from entering the site. This would explains some of the timeouts discussed earlier in this thread. I'm not sure if there is a time limit regarding when the ban ends. If it is important to you, and you still want to go to the site, you can enter as a new member, with different ID, from another computer.
I'm with Ed S. regarding standing up for what is right.
After Rick took over all it was handy for was to be able to post for sale items for the Canadian market. Most of the older contacts I used to converse with as Propworn have either left the site or just don't bother logging on any more. RCU, Scalebuilder and MECOA all have a much wider resource base of information and experienced modelers. RCC was more of a social site while Jason owned it.

Like Ed has said there are to many other options out there one does not have to compromise ones principals or freedoms of expression and/or opinions.

Dennis
Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
belneg

I recently posted that I was having problems with more then usual amount of pop ups whenever I open RCCANADA, the thing is I was not sure if it was the site or my computer, so I posted a question regarding the same issue and I asked wether if I paid as a site supporter would the pop ups go away? and started to get actual help from members, that was until Rick whom I presume is a moderator reply quite sharply that they do not have pop ups. Unfortunately, before I could respond either RICK or whoever, actually block me from the site. at first I was not sure and thought again my computer was acting up until I used a somthing called PROXIFY to mask my IP address and was able to confirm that indeed I was blocked for asking just a question? what kind of business would do something like that? how stupid do you have to be to actually block a user for asking why so much pop ups and junks are getting into his computer. Well the good thing is since that time my computer has not received the pop ups anymore, however, those people need a lot of customer service help and less computer rage if they want their business to expand.

Patrick
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
sebhitman

What is wrong with the owner of RCCANADA seriously and his flock of moderators?

Been banned for NO REASONS WHAT SO EVER
tried to help someone that got ripped off, been sent a false negative feedback , asked the moderators to pull it out they told me to shut up , i told them it was plain stupid

Im banned ever since

at first i thought it was a joke or i has trouble with my account
tried to do a new account using my Real life name...
and they thought i was Trolling...?? (dont even know what that means im from quebec and speak french)
they cuss me off and never let me back in.

even though i have 100% feedbacks all over the place on every rc forums i go on
and before that i had like 6 good feeds on rccanada....

was a member since 2006..........

!????????????

Old 11-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

There has been a few posts here regarding the problem. Here is a link to one thread, that discusses the problem and in the thread there are other links to more threads:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10784562

There is not much that can be done, unfortunately they may be keeping your name active as a member, but banning you from the site. If they keep your name active, they can show advertisers they have more members than they actually have.

I think the site is not as useful as it once was, word is out and more people are avoiding the site, it is unfortunate.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Start another canada website, or send them all here, now would be a perfect chance to do away with RCC and its dbag owner, thats how RCU and others came to be, a main sight starts going downhill, another pops up, and bam. Most people probably dont even remember RCO
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

There is another site starting up, but it is just starting and will get better as time goes on. Here is a link to the post talking about it, you'll have to cut and past the link in your browser:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10620901

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Tracon

Have I been banned also or is RC Canada's website down for everyone ???

I can't get their website to load ???

Anyone else able to see the site ???

Sam
Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

Loads just fine for me.

Not sure what's going on there these days.

Dave
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Sourkraut

ORIGINAL: Tracon

Have I been banned also or is RC Canada's website down for everyone ???

I can't get their website to load ???

Anyone else able to see the site ???

Sam

Loads fine here also..... could be a problem on your end, IP problem maybe.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Tracon

Problem solved guys, I wasn't banned, there was an issue with one of two things, I downloaded the "Flash" & "Java" update and whammo the RCC website came up without any problems...

Everything is back to normal!

All the best,
Sam
Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 PM
sebhitman

I would like to adress this to rccanada

I said some bad things about them , now i cannot retract the messages i left on here i hope the moderators can help me remove the messages

I finally talked to someone of rccanada , and burried the hatchet , and i want to apolagige for anything offensive i could of said about them!

as a matter of fact it's the only & the largest rc site of canada!

sorry again! let's move on!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Tracon

AMEN !

Good on ya sebhitman....

Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
ryan_t888

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

There is another site starting up, but it is just starting and will get better as time goes on. Here is a link to the post talking about it, you'll have to cut and past the link in your browser:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10620901

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. RCCanada sent me a PM message stating users who link to radiocontrolinfo will now have the URL sensored. Just another thing I don't believe in. Knowledge is power, the more info we can share, the better off we all are. I'd imagine others would agree.

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Gooseman240

Loss in revenue, as that site is the competition. Any business man see's the loss in dollars.

But then and again if sites could corroborate with out stealing information/posts and calling it as their own on site to steal traffic is what he is trying to prevent.

Money, money, the driving force of the market.

Just coming from a man eating popcorn watching this thread
Old 11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Sourkraut

ORIGINAL: sebhitman

I would like to adress this to rccanada

I said some bad things about them , now i cannot retract the messages i left on here i hope the moderators can help me remove the messages

I finally talked to someone of rccanada , and burried the hatchet , and i want to apolagige for anything offensive i could of said about them!

as a matter of fact it's the only & the largest rc site of canada!

sorry again! let's move on!

Commendable response...hopefully you will not waste this second chance that RCC is considering giving you!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
ryan_t888

In a very simplistic business model it may appear that way. Years ago, studies have shown inconclusive results meaning it could go either way.

For this reason rcu allows all links relating to subject material as a sensored link can be frustrating enough for users who wish to share a point. there are more than enough ways to get around sensor coding.

Customer service or keeping everyone happy seems to be the success force of the future.

Ryan
Old 12-17-2011, 07:55 AM
ededge2002

Well RCC just keeps getting "better" !

They added a mobile version BUT it's only available to site supporters that pay.

They have also added a points system called "props" but then they give access to who is giving people points to the moderator Gestapo!

They read pm's, they alter props ratings, they keep booted members on file to boost there numbers, edit close and alter any discussions about the site and it's become a pay site basically.

Dear Rick max and the moderators of Rcc. You suck lol
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 AM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

It's unfortunate the conflicts that seem to be happening. As for the "props" I'm not a mod and I can give or take those "props".

When Jason ran RCC, I believe it was more of a hobby than a business. Although Ric is an RC'er, it now seems to be run more to the business side. One can not blame him, if he invests money he needs to see a return or why do it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Muskoka dad
My Feedback: (5)

I  USED TO HAVE AN AD ON THERE ,AND WAS TOLD I DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ENOUGH  SO THEY CANCELLED MY  AD.
 WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS PERSON DOES THAT???  I  USED TO PROMOTE THERE SITE AT ALL THE  SHOWS AND FLY INS
THAT I ATTENDED..

NNNNOOOOOMORE    I WISH THERE WAS A NEW SITE, A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER  SAID, YOU SHOULD START A NEW ON

EWAN
Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 AM
ededge2002

Yes if we all banded together and promoted another website it would be great to push rcCRAP off the web! We should start contacting the companys that advrtise on there of what a poor place it is!!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I think there are many who are willing to change and support another site that comes close to having the standards of the old R C Canada site had.

There is another site just starting, hopefully it will do well. The link is "radiocontrolinfo" add ". com/" at the end, you may want to take a look.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne