Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

looks good m8, if u need help with the lights, sing out.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!!! I'll let you know! Got another body for my other Slash, because you can't have Dare Without Truth [8D]

Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
hound54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow twins i like them alot
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Sunfirefoot

Thanks!!!! The Slash with the Dare body and RPM upgrades has a DTX/Castle 3900KV system in it and the other has a Castle Sidewinder 4600KV system, both are acceptionally quick and agile.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
isaacstaco

Got my new wheels and tires today. Bow Tie - front/ Calibers - rear.

Old ones are for sale.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 PM
hound54

that look cool too im going to have to put some pics on mine when i figure out how lol

Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
hound54

that look cool too im going to have to put some pics on mine when i figure out how lol

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
thehuntingterminator

haha, its not hard to upload pics. here's how: under the box where i'm typing, there is blue text that says "click here to upload images and files". click on that and follow the box that opens, and pick the picture you want from your computer. then, it'll say "file upload successful". then press "ok". and your done
ORIGINAL: hound54

Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
hound54

ok that didnt work let me try again

Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
hound54

its mostly stock it was an original slash from way back started out brushed just put the traxxas brushless in it ..aluminum gear box...rpm rear bearing carriers...traxxas spektrum...stock slash 4x4 shocks,proline steering kit, i run venom 3 cell lipo`s ,it has street fighters on it been in the parking lot with a cone track with my son

Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
hound54

and by the way that gear box sucks for going into corners hot it just swings around ...my  guy at the hobby store gave it to me to try out then said keep it cuz i was overheating on high speed runs .we got the police to clock it one night in the mall parking lot on there lazer gun 62 mph without the body on..and my mini revo at just under 66 with a big 3 cell zap straped to it.not bad but slow compared to the ofna gpt-e my friend has at 93 ..wish we had video of it but it was 1 am on a friday night and cops wanted to know what we were up to in the lot so we asked them to check for us,,,,its all good they gave my son a gift card for a free pizza and left.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: isaacstaco

Got my new wheels and tires today. Bow Tie - front/ Calibers - rear.
[img][/img][img][/img]

Old ones are for sale.

[img][/img]

put dem on ebay & send xerxes da link.

kuz xerxes is eagrly awaitin his 2wd slashs arrival
Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 AM
thehuntingterminator

man you got some cool cops. i had one in my neigborhood that was mean! i was driving on the street after he had passed by in his car, and he got to the end and turned around and came up to me and said "don't do that again with that thing". jerk, i wasn't even anywhere near hurting anybody or anything.

and by the way that gear box sucks for going into corners hot it just swings around ...my guy at the hobby store gave it to me to try out then said keep it cuz i was overheating on high speed runs .we got the police to clock it one night in the mall parking lot on there lazer gun 62 mph without the body on..and my mini revo at just under 66 with a big 3 cell zap straped to it.not bad but slow compared to the ofna gpt-e my friend has at 93 ..wish we had video of it but it was 1 am on a friday night and cops wanted to know what we were up to in the lot so we asked them to check for us,,,,its all good they gave my son a gift card for a free pizza and left.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
hound54

when me and my friends go out we take over the skate park to
Old 11-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Sunfirefoot

its mostly stock it was an original slash from way back started out brushed just put the traxxas brushless in it ..aluminum gear box...rpm rear bearing carriers...traxxas spektrum...stock slash 4x4 shocks,proline steering kit, i run venom 3 cell lipo`s ,it has street fighters on it been in the parking lot with a cone track with my son[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
[img][/img]

Love the choice of wheels/tires!!! Looks Great!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Sunfirefoot

Looks awesome!!! I like those choices!!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:50 AM
hound54

i kinda like the black out look
i think they are called rullux wheels

Old 11-22-2011, 03:57 AM
phmaximus

how's....

with the roll cage is added extra weight & the pre load I run, and oil F-50wt R-60wt, I noticed that the progressive part of the spring are nearly fully compressed on the rear and its only really fully using 4 coils.
So tonight ive fitted some rustler spring, I was able to get the same ride hight but with less spring spacers now it uses the whole spring (7 coils) so thats 3 more coils.
Wouldent that mean the rate in witch it stiffens would of been reduced??? or another way of saying it, If the rustler springs are set to the same preload/force of the slash springs, would the increase of force per mm of travel be lower than the slash springs????

am i over thinking this lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hualPj0sFF8[/youtube]
Old 11-22-2011, 04:59 AM
phmaximus

OMG, I Rembered before I have some left over Cool Master Thermal Compound, so Ive compounded the fan+heatsink to the motor & cable tied around it.
cant wait to see how well it draws heat from the motor now... Dammm night time!!!! ok ill wait till after work

ok the more i look at the front springs, now i want to get some white rustler ones, not to shure that the progressive spring are any good, hummmmmmm
is it just a sales pitch?
Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 AM
thehuntingterminator

looks like you're having fun in Austraila. do you have access to all the RC stuff i do in the US? btw, have you ever seen a kangaroo (i gotta ask, i mean, it is Austraila)?
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

how's....

with the roll cage is added extra weight & the pre load I run, and oil F-50wt R-60wt, I noticed that the progressive part of the spring are nearly fully compressed on the rear and its only really fully using 4 coils.
So tonight ive fitted some rustler spring, I was able to get the same ride hight but with less spring spacers now it uses the whole spring (7 coils) so thats 3 more coils.
Wouldent that mean the rate in witch it stiffens would of been reduced??? or another way of saying it, If the rustler springs are set to the same preload/force of the slash springs, would the increase of force per mm of travel be lower than the slash springs????

am i over thinking this lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hualPj0sFF8[/youtube]
Old 11-23-2011, 04:56 AM
phmaximus

lol, ok...
Im loving it here, its just about to hit summer... S.A. is the dryest state in AUS. Most of my back lawn dies off & the dirt turns like sand... nothing like loose dirt & massive rooster tails. so it makes for some great bashing, even the local track is nice and loose, brings a whole new meaning to dirt drifting.
nar most of the bigger r/c shop have all the parts but they are expensive, its cheaper for me online. I order all my parts online, apart from paints and other small items.
ok as for kangaroo's u wont belive this... but there are some accross the road. NO BS.
Dont worry i dont live bush, we are only 30km away from the CBD but there is a natural reserve just accross the road where they live. seriously they are boring, they just hop away, just dont ever get in the way of a large wild male...

And No we dont ride them to work.....

That would be just like asking a American do they ride fat kids to work

all fun & games.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 AM
thehuntingterminator

haha. i asked about the kangaroos as a joke, not actually thinking that you'd seen one. haha, but guess what?! i've seen one too:www.youtube.com/watch
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

lol, ok...
Im loving it here, its just about to hit summer... S.A. is the dryest state in AUS. Most of my back lawn dies off & the dirt turns like sand... nothing like loose dirt & massive rooster tails. so it makes for some great bashing, even the local track is nice and loose, brings a whole new meaning to dirt drifting.
nar most of the bigger r/c shop have all the parts but they are expensive, its cheaper for me online. I order all my parts online, apart from paints and other small items.
ok as for kangaroo's u wont belive this... but there are some accross the road. NO BS.
Dont worry i dont live bush, we are only 30km away from the CBD but there is a natural reserve just accross the road where they live. seriously they are boring, they just hop away, just dont ever get in the way of a large wild male...

And No we dont ride them to work.....

That would be just like asking a American do they ride fat kids to work

all fun & games.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

is anyone running the 4x4 slash ?? if so i just have a question for ya. how much play is there in the center drive shaft back and forth??
Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM
KVR68

My slash 4x4 is mostly stock, what aftermarket shocks would you guys recommend for bashing and local races? I've been researching Traxxas Big Bores, Prolines, and doing a D8 buggy front shock conversion on all 4 shocks. I already bent one of my stock front shock shafts. I bent it back and its not leaking but I know I will be needing new ones.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:04 PM
xerxes

2wd slash lyks 2 traction roll alot & 30mph & up. messd up my brand new paintd body[:@]

wood sway bars & thickr front shok oil help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.