Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hey guys trying to create one-of-a-kind tumbler

Old 11-24-2011, 05:47 PM
zanga254
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys trying to create one-of-a-kind tumbler

I'm currently in Senior year of high school and in my R&D engineering class we were asked to create a year long project. After many ideas i thought of creating a 1/10 TUMBLER REPLICA from the modern Batman movies (my girlfriend had just made me watch begins). My question to you guys on the forum is how difficult a task like this would be. I will be working with two others that do not have rc knowledge, but are very good with design and design programs i.e AutoCad, Sketchup.

I've chosen a picture to help visualize it more as an rc sized vehiclehttp://www.chickslovethecar.com/imag...ncinghorse.jpg.

The materials I have/ am allowed to use.
- 1/10 Losi DT(an old one, with novak brushless setup)*
- Typical materials availible in an engineering classroom (what you would find in your garage + unlimited foam and a 3d printer)

*I would like not to tear up(drill holes in, cut out of, bend, etc) my DT and would like to be able to reassemble it after the project is done. I understand that this will force me to construct a chassis on my own and have no problem doing that.

Main Concerns:
-Inverted steering setup.
-also suspension because of this.
-want to introduce a total of 4 rear wheels to stay true to the movie, would this be too much for the motor to handle(4800 + 5000 2s)?
-The only materials i would have to use to construct the chassis from scratch is plastic tubing, about a straw thick and a little less stiff than rc plastic.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Hey guys trying to create one-of-a-kind tumbler

I would use an inboard suspension for the front, like that on a E-Revo or TA05 ver.II series. The inverted steering shouldn't be a problem, as long as the horns on the steering knuckles face toward the rear of the car. It may not turn on a dime, but I don't remember the tumbler doing that in the movie either.

Sounds like a fun project! Good luck
Old 11-24-2011, 06:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10335285/tm.htm
3rd post down might be of some help the guy has more pics in the youtube video than the post. He might have better pics of the steering setup.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
zanga254
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the help so far guys, i'll try to keep posted on this forum in case anyone else wants to take anything from this.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:12 PM
FahrtAutoRC

This could be a blast if it is done right. Keep us posted with pics and maybe start a build thread for it here! Good luck!