Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Contemplating. May get back into it....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Contemplating. May get back into it....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Bahamut
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contemplating. May get back into it....

BUT, I'm looking into getting something small. I loved drifting 1/10, but I just have no where to run.

So, I've been eyeing the Losi Micro Rally. They do make "drift tires" for it and I would like to have something to keep inside with it getting cold out. I've got a small room open at my home that I'm going to put a track in if I get one.

They seem pretty neat for the price and size, so lets hear some of your opinions on them!

Thanks!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:59 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Contemplating. May get back into it....

You might want to post your question in the Mini & Micro forums..
Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Bahamut

I can understand why, but it also has to deal with drifting, which is why I posted here. Just wanted to know if any of you drifters have had experience with them.

Anyone can drive and say it'd be OK for drifting, but how many of you drifters actually hang out in the mini and micro forum?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I owned one (But sold it to buy more junk 8D)
It was great fun. I didn't buy anything for it, just taped up the tires and slid like mad!
Its better than a mini z awd in my opinion as you can drift slower and more continuously. If its what your looking for, you should buy it :P
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Bahamut

Thanks Narwahl! Just the kind of opinion I'm looking for. Keep them coming! I'm in the process of saving for the right one. These micro rallies are hard to find used.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

You might also want to sheck out the HPI mini RS4. They might be too big, however, you can get them for real cheap used.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:00 PM
teamnolimit

How about a Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta? Its 1/16
Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 AM
icedude1989

steer well away from the traxxas gymkhana. from what i have heard over here and on hyperdrift, the run crap offroad and they run worse onroad. and they were getting set up and tuned by some of the best tuners and drifters out there and all come back with the same answer, its not even worth considering as a toy grade because it doesnt do anything of what it is supposed to be doing. if u want look up the posts.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 AM
thedudeswazhere

ORIGINAL: icedude1989

steer well away from the traxxas gymkhana. from what i have heard over here and on hyperdrift, the run crap offroad and they run worse onroad. and they were getting set up and tuned by some of the best tuners and drifters out there and all come back with the same answer, its not even worth considering as a toy grade because it doesnt do anything of what it is supposed to be doing. if u want look up the posts.
i know this post is old but i would like to argue with this statement it can drift i have had long controled drifts with this car but if your going full throttle and turn its going to spin out of control because its front end is way to light to keep grip and that means the back wheels are getting all the power if you are light on the throttle then its actually drifts pretty well while most drift cars you stay full throttle untill you want to straighten it out and the fiesta gymkhana K.B. edition was not ment for off road unless you bought the bfgoodwrench rally tires even then its only ment for smooth dirt roads and you can also change it from a 4WD to a RWD or FWD by taking out a few screws and removing one of the drive pins
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
icedude1989

just translating what way better drifters than me were saying. ive never driven one so it is not out of personal experience. i had said so too.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Bahamut

This is an older thread, but guess I should report that I have acquired a hpi micro rs4 and a 1/16 Kyle busch vxl. All I'm waiting for is a Lipo for the traxxas and ill find out how good or bad it is. If bad then I may rip out the electronics and put a big block conversion in the mrs4.

I need mrs4 parts!!! Anything and everything considered!!

Thanks to all of you for your responses!!!