Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:55 AM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Actually I just don't like to see people get ripped off. Has nothing to do with trash talking just want people to know what good batteries are out there for good prices. You can take my post however you want but I do not type in anger lol.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:24 AM
alexhunter

Customs has had my XS since the 18th. Does anyone know how long stuff is ususally held at the border? I guess I'll order within Canada from now on. I figured I only saved around $20 or so buying from towerhobbies anyways.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:18 AM
spena

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

Customs has had my XS since the 18th. Does anyone know how long stuff is ususally held at the border? I guess I'll order within Canada from now on. I figured I only saved around $20 or so buying from towerhobbies anyways.
I remember I ordered a pair of sneakers from NJ and customs had it for 2 weeks then I can slapped with $25 custom fee.
If you want to order within Canada try Great Hobbies, they price match too
Old 11-25-2011, 02:25 PM
alexhunter

I'm still trying to decide what kind of servo to buy for the xs. There's just to many options. What kind of torque/speed should I be aiming for? And I decided to get a new radio. I'm going to get the Futaba 3PM-X.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:37 PM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

I'm still trying to decide what kind of servo to buy for the xs. There's just to many options. What kind of torque/speed should I be aiming for? And I decided to get a new radio. I'm going to get the Futaba 3PM-X.
I would go for Hitec 7985MG not very expensive and plenty of torque.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:06 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: hereticgod

Actually I just don't like to see people get ripped off. Has nothing to do with trash talking just want people to know what good batteries are out there for good prices. You can take my post however you want but I do not type in anger lol.
I agree, that wasn't inappropriate or angry in any way. The truth is that zippy packs work but they aren't super performers. They are the cheapest battery that will make your truck run decently. I recommend thunderpower and you can get them for a good price within canada from Draganfly RC.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:49 PM
dms888
My Feedback: (2)

i put a traxxas vxl-3s esc in my xs since the stock esc smoked right out the box. when im at full throttle the truck sounds like its hitting a rev limiter. it kicks in and out kind of sputtering. anyone have an idea whats going on? thanks, matt
Old 11-25-2011, 03:56 PM
nitro-rob

From what I know of that ESC you are hitting the rev limit of the VXL because the 4-pole motor makes it think its revving twice as high.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 PM
dms888

is there any fix to this besides replacing the motor or esc?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dms888

i put a traxxas vxl-3s esc in my xs since the stock esc smoked right out the box. when im at full throttle the truck sounds like its hitting a rev limiter. it kicks in and out kind of sputtering. anyone have an idea whats going on? thanks, matt
You might have the VXL set at only 50% throttle.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM
dms888

if your talking about the profiles i checked that and its on the right one.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

That's kind of funny you can buy those zippy's direct from the source (hobbyking) for $20. I have used zippy's and you get what you pay for they work yes but compared to a gens ace of equal mah and c rating there is no comparison in actuall use. Also gens ace are about the same price, actually cheaper then you are reselling the zippy's for.

Don't hate its just the truth.

It amazes me how some people really have nothing to do with their time but talk trash and try to be keyboard-tough-guys on forums.
He's not trash talking, he's saying that anybody that buys those from you are just ill-informed.

More to the point, you have them listed as Turnigys, when they are not. So, you're also lying, either intentionally or unintentionally. And you're charging for shipping? $5 for a freakin BATTERY?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16810

Hey, look, $15 cheaper! Neat!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Chuggz

Hey , just read all this thread , my question is has any one filled there diffs with oil, and if so what weight I was thinking of doing mine 30000w?
Also have any of you guys tried the HR brand drive cups for centre drive shafts? 
Cheers
Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 AM
rokie1432

i used 30,000 oil on both front and rear....some others have used 50,000.....it's just a preference and driving style...

try a combination to suit your liking....
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: Chuggz

Hey , just read all this thread , my question is has any one filled there diffs with oil, and if so what weight I was thinking of doing mine 30000w?
Also have any of you guys tried the HR brand drive cups for centre drive shafts?
Cheers
I have the HR center drive cups installed only 2 packs on them so far so I can't comment on the durability just yet.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 AM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

That's kind of funny you can buy those zippy's direct from the source (hobbyking) for $20. I have used zippy's and you get what you pay for they work yes but compared to a gens ace of equal mah and c rating there is no comparison in actuall use. Also gens ace are about the same price, actually cheaper then you are reselling the zippy's for.

It amazes me how some people really have nothing to do with their time but talk trash and try to be keyboard-tough-guys on forums.
He's not trash talking, he's saying that anybody that buys those from you are just ill-informed.

More to the point, you have them listed as Turnigys, when they are not. So, you're also lying, either intentionally or unintentionally. And you're charging for shipping? $5 for a freakin BATTERY?

Yes, I ship them in a Priotiy Mail Flat Rate box which costs me guess how much? More than $5.00. I am not lying and calling them a Turnigy, it's a keyword in the title, read the description. Does it say Turnigy?
Am I saying anywhere that is the retail price? Is there anything stopping anyone from looking elsewhere to see what the price is? Look at myitems for sale (and at the quantities sold)on eBay and compare my prices to list prices on the HK site, I clearly have no problem selling batteries. I sell a lot of batteries because people simply do not want to deal withHK because of their lack of customer service and many of their batteries being available from Hong Kong.Sometimes bateries I have listed are in the US and of course people will buy them from HK directly in the US, but if somebody wants a battery fast which is only available from Hong Kong and if they want a no questions asked return if it is defective then they buy it from me, or any other seller on eBay doing the same thing FORMUCHMORETHANME. Look at my feedback, obviously a lot of people are satisfied with what they buy from me.
It's called capitalism moron. I can sell what I want for whatever price I want and you can buy whatever you want from wherever you want. That's the beauty of America.
But I guess that's why you are a middle aged loser who clearly spends a large portion of your life on forums by looking at your post count, andwhohas some kind of geek-oid narcissistic complex by referring to yourself as "Thunderbirdjunkie" in the third person in the majority of your posts.
Think what you want, and do what you want to do. I will continue my semi-retired, wealthy life at 31 years old owning several lucrative small-businesses while you probably work someboring dead-end job and fulfill you deepest darkest fantasies and illusions of grandeur whileplaying yourcharacter of "Thunderbirdjunkie" on forums.
Oh look, just sold 3 more batteries this morning.Gotta go ship them off.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:22 AM
hereticgod

That post is pretty funny but you seem to miss the only real point in this matter, don't post links to items your selling for double on a rc forum such as this.

I really don't think anyone cares about your eBay account or sales or weath.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 AM
nitro-rob

.....and I believe its in the forum rules to not post classifieds or ebay listings.  I thought this forum was about the savage flux XS?

My friend bought one on black friday somewhere in the US for $250 final price (open box).  They told him it was a V2,0 of the vapor pro ESC.  Me thinks that was a lie. They also told him a 35C lipo offers more run time than a 20C lipo and sold him a venom 20C 5400 mah soft pack for 75 dollars (me thinks that was a ripoff).
Old 11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Chuggz

Cheers
I have the HR center drive cups installed only 2 packs on them so far so I can't comment on the durability just yet.
They have to be better than the stock ones ,I have 2 packs on my new truck and they are wearing already

Old 11-27-2011, 05:50 PM
fffmonkey1

Cheers
They have to be better than the stock ones ,I have 2 packs on my new truck and they are wearing already
I have changed to HR center drive cups, running at 3S at around 10 times play, no damage so far!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Chuggz

Sweet looks I have a order coming up 

Might try 30,000 w to start with see how it goes thanks boys

Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Yes, I ship them in a Priotiy Mail Flat Rate box which costs me guess how much? More than $5.00. I am not lying and calling them a Turnigy, it's a keyword in the title, read the description. Does it say Turnigy?
Am I saying anywhere that is the retail price? Is there anything stopping anyone from looking elsewhere to see what the price is? Look at my items for sale (and at the quantities sold) on eBay and compare my prices to list prices on the HK site, I clearly have no problem selling batteries. I sell a lot of batteries because people simply do not want to deal with HK because of their lack of customer service and many of their batteries being available from Hong Kong. Sometimes bateries I have listed are in the US and of course people will buy them from HK directly in the US, but if somebody wants a battery fast which is only available from Hong Kong and if they want a no questions asked return if it is defective then they buy it from me, or any other seller on eBay doing the same thing FOR MUCH MORE THAN ME. Look at my feedback, obviously a lot of people are satisfied with what they buy from me.
It's called capitalism moron. I can sell what I want for whatever price I want and you can buy whatever you want from wherever you want. That's the beauty of America.
But I guess that's why you are a middle aged loser who clearly spends a large portion of your life on forums by looking at your post count, and who has some kind of geek-oid narcissistic complex by referring to yourself as ''Thunderbirdjunkie'' in the third person in the majority of your posts.
Think what you want, and do what you want to do. I will continue my semi-retired, wealthy life at 31 years old owning several lucrative small-businesses while you probably work some boring dead-end job and fulfill you deepest darkest fantasies and illusions of grandeur while playing your character of ''Thunderbirdjunkie'' on forums.
Oh look, just sold 3 more batteries this morning. Gotta go ship them off.
If your life sucks so bad that you have to brag to ThunderbirdJunkie about how wealthy you are, ThunderbirdJunkie pities you.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread cleaned up, quick reminder of the rules. No ebay links, no discussion of buying and selling, no flaming, no personal attacks. The rules are available for all to read. Let's keep this on topic please.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 AM
nitro-rob

My friend bought an XS on black friday. 50 dollars off, open box. They said they were certain the V2 vapor pro was installed (never heard of an official V2 release) and drove it for a few minutes to show him. He bought it and ran it for a few minutes and this familiar site happened. Venom 5400 mAh, 3S, 20C battery.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
needforspeed95

Just curious, has anybody reached the advertised 65 mph with stock electronics without frying something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.