Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

crezenzi brake RC10GT

Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
wrighty8766

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crezenzi brake RC10GT

anyone no if this is still available anywhere, or is anybody got one to hand that they want rid of?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 AM
wrighty8766

Default RE: crezenzi brake RC10GT

anyone???
Old 11-25-2011, 08:10 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They haven't made them in quite a long time now. Might try ebay. That's the only thing I can think of.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If you had a small lathe to make the brake drum, looks likethe rest of it is just stuff you have laying around. A little brass strap and some linkage.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 AM
wrighty8766

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

They haven't made them in quite a long time now. Might try ebay. That's the only thing I can think of.
i have only got back into rc over the last 6 months or so, i was too young and didnt have the money to do all the mods and stuff last time i used them haha!

are they worth the hastle or should i just get a titanium vented disc brake, my friend has one and it seems a lot better than the stock one!

thanks for the replies!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:29 AM
wrighty8766

ORIGINAL: Big Alice

If you had a small lathe to make the brake drum, looks likethe rest of it is just stuff you have laying around. A little brass strap and some linkage.
unfortunately i dont have a lathe and its a bit complicated for me haha, id probably end up 'braking' it (no pun intended)

Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt bother with it... I mean, if you wanted to do a vintage build, just for the hell of it, I guess I can understand it. But these things never worked right, the stock disc setup is far superior.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
wrighty8766

ORIGINAL: proanti1

I wouldnt bother with it... I mean, if you wanted to do a vintage build, just for the hell of it, I guess I can understand it. But these things never worked right, the stock disc setup is far superior.
thanks for the advice proanti1, i had heard good and bad things about them!

my brake is s**t at the min, bought a new system a while ago and it was spot on, not anymore though! is it possible that the bracket wears out after time? i have tried a new disc but no luck!

thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Titanium brake disc is nice. I actually had a bronze disc when I had my RC10GT. If you need a new bracket fir the brakes Losi Parts House has them. You can actually build a gt with all the parts they have.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
wrighty8766

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Titanium brake disc is nice. I actually had a bronze disc when I had my RC10GT. If you need a new bracket fir the brakes Losi Parts House has them. You can actually build a gt with all the parts they have.
i tend to buy everything off ebay, mainly RCBOYZ if they have the parts i need! i bought a mip clutch off losi parts house when i first dug my car out, couldnt find one anywhere else and i was melting spur gears like they were going out of fasion haha!

shipping always seems too expensive to the UK from tower hobbies and similar websites, especially when buying something that costs like $4 lol!

Old 11-30-2011, 03:47 PM
proanti1

No, dont bother with an aftermarket titanium one, there is no point. Get yourself some sandpaper around 1000 grit, some really fine stuff. Lightly sand the glaze off each side, do it in a cross-hatch pattern. Do the insides of the pads too. This should make your brakes work better than new.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok, you guys got me curious, so I made one of these brake systems. I do have a small lathe.  The difference I noticed is it's easier to feather the brakes without locking everything up. That may be due to the leather being new and not compressed yet. Have to wait and see.  I don't think it's worth spending a whole lot of time or money to get one.  I have 3 gts and the other 2 don;t need it.  I just do like proanti1 said and sand them. Works real well. 
Old 12-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Firepup79

just wanted to say I did just buy one of these brakes from a local hobbie shop so apparently they are still making them
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: Firepup79

just wanted to say I did just buy one of these brakes from a local hobbie shop so apparently they are still making them
You must have bought some new old stock... because they haven't made these things since like 2005.