Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Im depressed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Im depressed!

ORIGINAL: tkline

Hey now I've been trying to get up there to pick that engine up since he posted it I may have to get one of my buddies that live up there to go pick it up for me
You seen that too huh? I had him down to 200. yesterday with him meeting me half way, I cant do it or else I all ready would have. Go for it my nabour.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

Why not just look at your planes, pick one you havent flown in a while, and sell it to buy the new engine?.......... doesnt seem like a real problem to be crying about.......
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

Well, give your best RC buddy some ideas on what your "hobby wish list", and either have her call him or the other way around. This way, she gets to buy it, wrap it, goes under the tree, and you get something towards the hobby, rather then ties and socks and underwear.......lol.
There you go. That's the obvious answer.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

When my wife and kids ask about Xmas I tell them what I want.  Then they ask me to put it all down on paper: items, where to buy, prices, etc.  I make it so complicated they then tell me just buy it and they'll wrap it.  Putting my list together now.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
SCOTT42

ORIGINAL: djnsayne

Why not just look at your planes, pick one you havent flown in a while, and sell it to buy the new engine?.......... doesnt seem like a real problem to be crying about.......
Ive thought of that, the problem is in order to sell it fast enough to buy the engine before someone else does i would have to practiclly give my plane or two away in order to sell them fast enough, it not like theres a plane max (car max) just down the road.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Cougar-RCU

What I love most about it , IS the sneaky part, what a rush!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Catalinaflyer

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

Why do all the great deals apear when you cant have them?

"its too close to cristmas and WE need to focuse on that instead"
Seems to me that you had the answer to your question from the beginning. Someone else is needing to focus on Christmas as well and just happened to have a Saito engine laying there that would add $200 to the Christmas budget.

Come to think of it I have a pair of Fuji 64cc gas engines and a Sullivan Dynatron starter that have collected enough dust over the past few years that maybe I need to fleabay them for some Christmas "Stash" money.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

If she doesn't track your expenses too closely, you could get the engine, stash it away somewhere, and then when you're in the clear (weeks/months down the road), tell her it came back up for sale. If she green lights it, just have it make an appearance a couple days later.

Or you could just wait and hope.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
tkline

Yep I saw it but I don't really need it I have two .91 twins that I haven't put on planes yet cause I havent had time to finish the airframes but I have way to many engines as it is so I just have to act like I never saw the ad and hope he sells it quick before I decide I just have to have it!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
crash bandicoute

do the stash... everybody's doing it. got mine in an envelop under the spare bedroom matress. never have any company, so the sheetsdon't get changed for months at a time. plus the wife hates doing them alone, so when shegets the notion to changethem for some reason, i get a head-start on her.i get 20 bucks a week for lunch money at work, so... top ramen ain't but20 cents a pack.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok well its really not that bad but I think I might want to cry! I have found a saito FA 100 twin cylender engine thats like brand new for 200.cash and my wife wont let me buy it! Dont get me wrong shes a great girl for understanding my hobbie needs and wants but its too close to cristmas and WE need to focuse on that instead. Why do all the great deals apear when you cant have them? Im thinking about doing it anyways and dealing with her afterwards, but not sure if i want to push it?
With XMAS being so near, if you are lucky, maybe Santa will bring you that Saito that you want so much and a new understanding wife ..........
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Correctomundo!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

WOW I thought I was the only one stashing 20 bucks a week!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Dont do it. Sooner or later she will find out and is going to make your RC life miserable.
She is going to remind you of this everytime you go flying, buying or building.
Another good deal is going to come soon enough. [:-]
Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
laudy

omg, Check you pants for the package you were born with. If you need the engine find a way to pay for it. You will gain my respect that way. Do what you have to do man but if you need the engine explain that deal to your wife, Women understand a bargin look in their closet. Do't sacrafice the family funds. If your in the hobby I'm sure you have some stuff to sell to cover the 200 costs. Get it done man.

Limo
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Kwigen

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11467624&whse=BC&topnav=&cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|PopularProductsInCateg ory

Test her resolve.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 AM
SCOTT42

ORIGINAL: Kwigen

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11467624&whse=BC&topnav=&cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|PopularProductsInCateg ory

Test her resolve.
Ive given her a pearl necklas once or twice before, she just loves them! LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
joebahl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

I see guys join the hobby and go hog wild buying everything and spending thousands and I shake my head.I buy what I can afford and have learned to enjoy what I have.you can only fly one at a time.your family and kids are the prioirty not the hobby.!!
This is true till the kids get married and move away . If you buy a few kits or parts every year and just stash them when they are all gone and the house is payed for its time for you to have some of your own fun. My grandkids come over or i pick them up to go fly now but its just nice to have my hobby and hobby stuff i have collected over 35 years. joe
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Kwigen

Test her resolve.
Ive given her a pearl necklas once or twice before, she just loves them! LOL
LOL! I see what ya did there. I was gonna embed a youtube clip from forgetting sarah marshall where Bill Hader is explaining to his wife what a pearl necklace is. Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip to embed
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
tkline

Man some of y'all sound like until everything you have is paid for and all your kids are grownup and moved out that you should work all the time until you have grandkids and just neglect your spending time with your own children as they grow up I myself work more than I should but still have time to go fly with the one boy I still have at home and my only grandson. And my household has not suffered from this hobby and I have more kits and engines than me or my son can build in a lifetime. My wife says it a sickness but I have never let it get in the way of the priorities in my life and I've been in this hobby since the early 80's
Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 PM
tesol1

I don't know what line of work you are in, but how about just putting in some overtime so that you can buy it without impacting your monthly budget? If that doesn't work, try and find some kind of short-term weekend job and take that. One thing that I would do, however, is make more than 200 bucks and buy something nice for your wife first. It's pretty much how I buy any kind of extra thing for my RC addiction and the wife has never said a thing.
good luck!