Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Tassimo coffee makers

Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
buggyboy2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tassimo coffee makers

Been really curious about the Tassimo single brew coffee maker, wanting one for Xmas from the wife. Anyone have any experiences good and bad?

http://www.tassimo.ca/tassimo/page?s...1&PagecRef=660
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tassimo coffee makers

I bought my girlfriend the T46, it works good, gets kinda dirty though. I dont drink coffee so I really dont use it that much.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never tried any tassimo cups, i have a cheap mr coffee pump expresso maker. it works well and tastes great, making 1/2 milk and 1/2 expresso, (cuppachino) it makes it taste just like a really good coffee, little more milk and its very creamy (frappachino) and 3/4 expresso makes a strong but smooth cup of joe.

you do have to stay at the machine when you make expresso though, it only takes but 3minutes from start to finish.

im spoiled now since i dont like regular coffee anymore, expresso is where its at.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Never seen that one before, but it looks nice.

I'm a coffee lover/freak/addict from way back, and grew up on filter/perc coffee.
These days though I can't live without our little Senseo machine.

It's fast, easy to use, requires hardly any cleaning and makes a perfect cup every time.
Also takes up very little space in the kitchen.

We buy the pods online and I favour the Espresso ones.
Strong and nice.

[link=http://www.productreview.com.au/p/philips-senseo.html]SENSEO[/link]

Old 12-03-2011, 10:03 AM
DaveG55

Been thinking about the single serve coffee makers too. Been looking at the Kuireg (sp) ones mostly because of the availability of the pods and the versitility they offer, the different cup sizes, hot water only, use your own coffee. However I've been a bit leary due to some of the reviews I've been reading. Even the Cuiesenart (sp) ones that use the K-pods don't seem to fair very well...
Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
buggyboy2010

I really like the Kuireg as well but the one I like is a bit to expensive for my blood ( Tassimo is only $80 ), and I am a basic coffee drinker only, the wife has tea from time to time, so the pods aren't to much of a worry for myself. Works out to be around 40cents a cup compared to 23cents for a regular brewer. I've heard TONS of good and bad things about the "single brewers/Bar-code pod's", but it seems that as long as you keep it clean ( bar code reader and filters ) it should last ya a long time.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
buggyboy2010

That Senseo is nice as well. Going to check them out.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 PM
The_Shark

USE ONLY DISTILLED WATER IN HIGH PRESSURE OR SINGLE SERVE COFFEE/EXPRESSO MACHINES

it makes a huge difference in how long they work and how good the coffee is. distilled water leaves no residue or calcium bulidup so it pretty much eliminates all the issues.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:48 PM
tommygun32

Not trying to diss automatic encapsulated coffee makers, but here are my two favorite ways to make coffee.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51520.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1694984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99537.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1694985  
Old 12-04-2011, 07:05 AM
buggyboy2010

Yes, We have really hard water, Even our kettle is crusted in calcium, think a water cooler is on the list as well!

My brother uses Bodum's ( french press ) all the time, he loves them.. Myself not a fan lol
Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Yes, We have really hard water, Even our kettle is crusted in calcium, think a water cooler is on the list as well!

My brother uses Bodum's ( french press ) all the time, he loves them.. Myself not a fan lol
Just use bottled water like we do.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Just use bottled water like we do.
i take it a step further and only use distilled.
we have a bunn coffee maker, used it for YEARS using bottled water, then started using tap, well two year later its making horrible coffee and got clogged twice needing vinigar (i know its slightly corrosive but im not drinking a chemical)

now in my expresso maker its distilled or nothing.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
buggyboy2010

Update:

I ended up getting a Mr.Coffee/Keurig brewer. It is another pod brewer, but as far as I have read into them ( and my experience so far ), they have been around a lot longer than Tassimo, and have much better systems either in price,reviews,functions, etc. Although they do not have as many personalization options as Tassimo pods, I find them cheaper, much better tasting and a wide range of coffee and tea's, also "higher end" coffee brand selections.

( I got the caroussel seperate on amazon for around 20$.. should have got more k-cups lol )

Edit: Forgot to add I did try several Tassimo systems over the holidays and none really stacked up to the Keurig, I also only paid $40 for my system compared to 80$ for the tassimo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91952.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1717645  
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I have always been a fan of just plain ol black coffee, and the stronger the better. But then again I also prefer whiskey over any other alcohol, too. Must just be me!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
dsales

I had two Tassimo's previously when they first came out. They were okay, nothing special and I recall that the machine had something like a barcode reader so that it knew how to make the specific coffee that you put in it but it would keep getting dirty and malfunctioning.

Moved on to the Nespresso line which is excellent, as good as actually having a coffee in Italy.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
The_Shark

paid half for our new machine, its a CBLT Americano, coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate you name it.

the loading system is cool, you drop this little tiny cup sideways into the machine from the top, swing the the arm foward, press a oz selection or short and tall espresso setting and it brews, once its done, you swing the arm back and it drops the spent cup inside the machine (holds a whole box) and its ready to brew another cup

coffee is amazing at 8oz and great at 10-12 you dont lose much flavor with higher volume of water. the espresso setting is a full 15bar and makes really good crema. the coffee and tea sold for it compairs to starbucks and gloria jeans, coffee comes out HOT HOT in about a minute. it is pretty darn loud, louder than my espresso maker.
you can also refill the cups, just clean them out and put tin foil on top.

we also tried a tassimo, it was ok, it was quiet but the coffee varied in flavor brew to brew and the de-pressurization time took forever, and "safe" mode is orange??? danger under pressure green??? DUMB.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

I have always been a fan of just plain ol black coffee, and the stronger the better. But then again I also prefer whiskey over any other alcohol, too. Must just be me!
Akron Ohio: Where men are real men, women are real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri are real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM
The_Shark

hear bout the tassimo espresso cups? they went boom.