Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

Here are some pictures of the Oneill brothers 30cc. They make two engines specific for the Losi 5ive. One is 27cc and the one I bought is the 30cc. This is a full mod motor cost was 575.00 rated at 6.75 horsepower. Make sure whenever buying a aftermarket motor that you pickup a zenoah. I have had many built cy engines in the past and maybe it is just me but I always blow head gaskets due to the two bolt head. Zenoah's have four bolts you wil have way more reliability with your power. If you have built any engine at all model or full scale you will know what I mean when I stress high performance with reliability. It just equals more fun lol.
I agree the Zenoah is a better motor but I have run many a CY with out a problem. All so CY makes 4 bolt motors now and have been for a while.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:05 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: srt10

has anyone thought about or is doing a brushless conversion in the 5ive-T ?

How much run time do you think you would get 10 maybe 15 minutes if converted?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:10 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: 46u

depends on the kv and how many cells you run..
If I ran a Leopard 5692 530kv on 10s it could get maybe 20min? [:-]
Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: 46u

depends on the kv and how many cells you run..
If I ran a Leopard 5692 530kv on 10s it could get maybe 20min? [:-]
Do not run electric just wondering as the Losi is fairly heavy even if you take out the motor and clutch of about 30 pounds.

Thanks all for the reviews and information! Looks great.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 AM
mooman007uk

someone has already done it , can't remember which forum it was on... and seeing as it's not gas i'm not too enthused to go look
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

someone has already done it , can't remember which forum it was on... and seeing as it's not gas i'm not too enthused to go look
I concur...LOL!

Old 12-10-2011, 10:23 AM
69B|uEs
My Feedback: (87)

the truck is the best in its class by far
Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

Oh I hear ya man!
gas is a blast
Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHIJT07ipg[/youtube]
Old 12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
bbuzzard

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVKtqLg2vkI[/youtube]
Old 12-10-2011, 01:35 PM
kg2mb

looks fast.its got four lipos and a castle motor/speedo? so its almost twice the cost of a full mod obr
just sayin...
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 PM
46u

I prefer gas unless the weather is bad outside then I run electric in the house.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15153.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1698119  
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

ORIGINAL: kg2mb

looks fast.its got four lipos and a castle motor/speedo? so its almost twice the cost of a full mod obr
just sayin...
Its definitely not faster than my obr full mod zenoah in my truck. I thought about it and I have one of these conversions brand new in the box but then I was like crap man charging all those batteries and short run times.... Just seemed to be a waste of time. I could see the value in it if I had noise restrictions though.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Head

How about a fiberglass body for your 5T

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIBREGLASS...item68c8dd0c8e
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45404.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1698323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98765.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1698324  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Broshow

Can you guys please post the weights of those after market pipes, also the stock pipe, with all the mounting hardware also on all of them?

In the video with the 2 trucks doing the one drag race on the pavement, and the bashing on the grass, It seems like the stock pipe has more midrange, but the jetpro pull harder off the bottom a bit, but not much more. Is the stock pipes power more smoother?

Also I was hoping since the new trucks are 4wd, they would have more control in the air off jumps. Are any of you able to control the trucks in the air with just the throttle and the brakes like an 1/8 scale buggy??? I feel the more control with the throttle and brakes in the air, the less parts will break, those nose landings have to take a serious toll on those heavy trucks after a while. Also have you guys tried a different brand of tires yet, on a track to see if they will hold a tight line through the turns at speed? Thanks Guys.

Hopefully OS will build at large offroad Nitro engine for 1/5 scale.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM
kyleandtavion

ORIGINAL: Broshow

Can you guys please post the weights of those after market pipes, also the stock pipe, with all the mounting hardware also on all of them?

In the video with the 2 trucks doing the one drag race on the pavement, and the bashing on the grass, It seems like the stock pipe has more midrange, but the jetpro pull harder off the bottom a bit, but not much more. Is the stock pipes power more smoother?

Also I was hoping since the new trucks are 4wd, they would have more control in the air off jumps. Are any of you able to control the trucks in the air with just the throttle and the brakes like an 1/8 scale buggy??? I feel the more control with the throttle and brakes in the air, the less parts will break, those nose landings have to take a serious toll on those heavy trucks after a while. Also have you guys tried a different brand of tires yet, on a track to see if they will hold a tight line through the turns at speed? Thanks Guys.

I dont have means to weigh them and there bolted up with locktite so I really wouldnt want to take mine off. For my video yes the pipe gave it more on the bottom versus my stock truck. After some tuning which we had not done yet it pulls alot harder in the midrange and achieved 2-3k more rpm on the top end making it significantly faster as well. In the same scenario again the piped truck would pull probably ten lengths or more in the same race rather than two. My trucks sit like this now one with the stock motor and jetpro pipe and the other with a obr 30cc full mod motor so my testing is limited to that.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Broshow

Thanks, well how much does the truck weigh now with the pipe on it, compared to the stock trucks weight? with all the same parts on them both except for the pipe.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 AM
46u

Thanks, well how much does the truck weigh now with the pipe on it, compared to the stock trucks weight? with all the same parts on them both except for the pipe.
Stock RTR with out gas is just over 37 pounds.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
srt10

with any new pipe a good tune on the motor is needed to extract the most out of it
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
srt10

just sayin...
not that I'm a brushless fan over GAS
but with this motor for only 75bucks and a esc for under $70 and run it on two $65 6s packs for 6s2p, it can be done for much less...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1000kv.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_Car_ESC.html
ONLY A THOUGHT! don't no one hit me now!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
kyleandtavion

just sayin...
but with this motor for only 75bucks and a esc for under $70 and run it on two $65 6s packs for 6s2p, it can be done for much less...
Yah I would never put fire starting Chinese stuff in a 1600 dollar truck.... Not looking to start a debate I know everyones budgets are different I would just be running high quality products so my 65c lipos and brushless setup would be over 1k. I drive cars and fly planes with buddies who run that stuff and pretty consistent catastrophic failures. Typically batteries and esc fires. Motors seem to hang in there though. Again my comments are in regards to the choices I would make to each there own.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM
46u

If you want to run a brush-less a big part of the day how much would it cost for batteries, chargers and so on to never be waiting on batteries to charge?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

just sayin...
Yah I would never put fire starting Chinese stuff in a 1600 dollar truck.... Not looking to start a debate I know everyones budgets are different I would just be running high quality products so my 65c lipos and brushless setup would be over 1k. I drive cars and fly planes with buddies who run that stuff and pretty consistent catastrophic failures. Typically batteries and esc fires. Motors seem to hang in there though. Again my comments are in regards to the choices I would make to each there own.
To funny!
Castle is made in China!!!!
the esc listed is a very trusted and solid esc, that does not fail do to its low price point
Fire starting, what a joke!
sounds to me those fires are from those who don't run the correct esc, motor, lipo setups.. they should stick to rubber bands! [:-]
or ones who want to justify running High dollar stuff when its just not needed anymore to get the job done
and by the way, most all of the RTR esc, motors in the cars and trucks we run that are brushless comes from china including the overpriced CC2028 motor
and I love gas vs brushless, IMO
Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 AM
bbuzzard

Chuck Norris don't need no effin' batteries!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets drop this made in china stuff. Anyone with half a braincell knows that the Chinese can make as good products as anyone else, at a given price point. If we pay peanuts, we get peanuts. On the other hand tons of industrial, medical, and research materials are made in china at very high end plants with high standards. It all boils down to the price and quality demanded. I've seen some very pathetic materials coming from American factories, and I've seen Amazing stuff. Same with China. It depends on the company, cost, and their commitment to quality. There are skilled engineers and technicians all over the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.