Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help for an almost newbie

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help for an almost newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Sapient

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for an almost newbie

Hello,

I apologize for asking questions that have probably been answered many times before. I've been reading the forum, and I've seen lots of great advice, but can't find exactly what I neeed.

I'm looking to buy a heli for my teenage son. He has a Blade MCX coaxial which he flys with great precision indoors. I'm looking for something that

1) Is meant to be flown outdoors
2) Is single rotor
3) Is in the %125-$200 range
4) Is easy enough for a near beginner

He has identified the R-Razor 450 as a good gift. What research I have been able to do suggests that this is hard to set up and requires a lot fo fixing to get working properly. Is there a better option?

And, of course, I am late in my holiday shopping, so am in a bit of a panic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Sapient

Default RE: Help for an almost newbie

Might the Art-Falcon be a good choice?

http://www.xheli.com/falcon-3d-cp-el...elicopter.html

Or the Esky Honey Bee King V3?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:08 PM
j61944

The multiplex funcopter can do it all on your list except the price point at 400 bucks. But it's durable for a beginner to crash.

INCLUDES: Preassembled Multiplex Funcopter V2 Helicopter with Gyro, ESC, three Tiny S (micro) Servos and Instruction Manual

REQUIRES: Radio: 4-channel, Battery: 11.1V 3S LiPo, at least 2000mAh Charger: LiPo compatible Building and field equipment
Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Sapient

ORIGINAL: j61944

The multiplex funcopter can do it all on your list except the price point at 400 bucks. But it's durable for a beginner to crash.

INCLUDES: Preassembled Multiplex Funcopter V2 Helicopter with Gyro, ESC, three Tiny S (micro) Servos and Instruction Manual

REQUIRES: Radio: 4-channel, Battery: 11.1V 3S LiPo, at least 2000mAh Charger: LiPo compatible Building and field equipment
Thanks. That is a bit out of my budget. Given the lateness of the date, I'm also hoping for a kit that includes everything needed to fly.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I'm helping a friend put together an HK 450 from Hobbyking.com. We're waiting on the pinion gear, which he forgot to order. As soon as we get it flying I will post my opinons of it in the beginners forum. As is stands right now it looks like we will have it flying for under $200. This includes a Turnigy 9 channel 2.4 tx with 8 channel rx, heading lock gyro, 2200mah 3cell lipo, 45amp ESC, everything needed to fly except a lipo charger.