Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

lawn darted brand new 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

lawn darted brand new 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: lawn darted brand new 50cc

I am curious too as I am a A9 user too. I have flown mine with the 9 and 7 channel receivers in glow powered pylon airplanes, electric Pattern airplanes, 50cc gasser and molded sailplanes. Not any issues with any of the setups. The questions I have are:

Why the 3 battery setup? What batteries and were regulators used?

What RX was used and how were the antennas orented?

What ingnition was used and where were the batteries placement in relation to the ignition?

What range check was used?

Did you voltage check the batteries with a 1 amp load?

Why did you not set up the fail safe? If a lock out had occured and the failsafe was set correctly the controls would have gone to nuetral and the looping would not have occured. If you had the failsafe set correctly then what you described was a power loss.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:40 AM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appears we are never going to get any response as to the specfics of the radio installation, to bad maybe we all could have learned something not to do, as well as the person starting the thread learning some things more he could have done. The fun of this hobby is always learning something more. No matter how many years experience we have sooner or later we all do something or don't do something we should have that bites us in the but. That is what keeps it fun and exciting for me.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Agreeed, I have been doing this for 34 years and always take the oppertunity to learn. More and more I find that in at least half the cases if the answer is one that the poster does not want to hear it is ignored or disputed. It's much easier to blame the equipment. This is a great example.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._2/key_/tm.htm
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
sir crashallot

ORIGINAL: andizzle

i never thought of lights lol

im thinking of taking some of the smaller pieces and makeing christmas orderments for my tree lol

Sure would be the dearest christmas tree ornements iv ever seen, sorry for your loss and i was thinking of buying the a9 too for my brand new yak
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
mctodd76

I have been a trouble free A9 owner for almost 2 years. From small glow to a 40%er with zero issues. I would not hesitate to buy another or anyone of the other main brands out there.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the others, all the major brands of radios have shown themselves to be reliable. There is a big difference however, between what you do with 40 size glow and 50cc gas. With all the recent cheap engines and planes available lots of people are getting into GS planes without understanding all the hows and whys of equipment setup. It's too easy to blame a piece of equipment everytime something goes wrong. I'm no expert, but I seek out those that are and I confirm that they know what they are talking about, before following their advice. This guy knows what he is talking about. http://hangtimes.com/rcbattery_faq.html There is more to having the proper setup than "I have a big battery", or "I charged my batteries the night before" If the plane matters, then the proper setup matters. Sorry for the loss, it always hurts no matter why, or how it happened, but I hope you learn something besides blaming the equipment. The operator is always the common denominator, no matter what equipment you use
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 AM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A long time ago back in 1978 while flying my .30 low wing trainer...........I ran out of fuel and crash landed on the edge of the runway..........tore out the nose gear and engine mounts and cowling...........yup I was flying the Futaba radio set and of course running out of fuel was the Futaba's fault...........Seriously, I am so far lucky not to have any radio failures(glitches yes but not total radio blackout) in years of RC flying. Dumb thumbs a lot but no radio failures yet. Larry.