Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba Wireless trainer system WTR-7 with a 9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default futaba Wireless trainer system WTR-7 with a 9ZAP

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the Futaba wireless trainer system (WTR-7) with a 12Z as the master and an old 9ZAP with a TM7 module as the student box.

The only funny thing I see is that it appears this system requires the student box to have the rectangular port, but this MIGHT be just to power the little receiver box during binding and nothing more. the manual is not clear on this.

If this is the case I am pretty sure I can rig something up to power the WTR-7 for binding, and avoid having to get a new transmitter just for a buddy box.

Does anyone have any experience with the WTR-7 they could share with me in this regard?

Thanks in advance,
Old 12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: futaba Wireless trainer system WTR-7 with a 9ZAP

First, the student's Tx must be a Futaba FASST system

Plug the WTR-7 into the students Tx, power it up and bind the WTR-7 to the student's Tx.

Remove the WTR-7 from the student's Tx and plug it into the Instructor's Tx. If you don't have a square plug, I believe there is an adapter you can buy
Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The 9ZAP student box with a TM7 module is FAAST.

I can't plug the WTR 7 into the 9ZAP, but if plugging it in is just to power the WTR module during binding I can find another way to do that.

If the student box is supposed to do more than just power up the WTR 7 to bind with it over the air then i have a problem.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just plug the WR7 in the 12Z, power the radio up but don't allow it to transmit (throttle stick up or RF off after the Tx boots up) The WR7 will receive power from the Teacher radio, then turn on the 9Z (Student) and push the bind button. It will bind to the student Tx correctly. I have the same combo....
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup