Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Copter X 600E PRO

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Copter X 600E PRO

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 AM
soneebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copter X 600E PRO

The new CX600 kit is quite good.. the finish is far better than the CX450PRO. parts wise its one of the best machined heli from KY.

The Packaging is good. looks familiar

parts are placed on 4 different boxes and packed on plastic bags. Only thing is there is no labels on the plastic bags..

The new canopy design of Copter X is really good. the colors reminds me of the canopies we painted from the past.. colors are really well defined. I am sure this will brightly show inflights

The one thing that really catched my eye was the main gear assembly of this heli. This is not molded gears but machined CNC... the gears is perfectly round.. and the material is really good. its not delrin I guess but its close to plastic or nylon.... but wow this will surely be a silent piece of work... it reminds me of my hirobo sceadu OP with the delrin gears and the MX9 from real heli

Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 AM
rotordoc1

Default RE: Copter X 600E PRO

Quality is a relative term. I am amazed to see any heli in the 600 class that uses philips screws instead of cap head screws. This alone causes me some concern about the type and quality of the aluminum used.

I have never judged any heli I have ever built by the looks of its parts out of the box. I judge them all by how they have held together after at least 200 flights.

Over the years, I have found that many kits that had some nice looking anodized CNC parts, did not perform in flight, or in low maintenance expectations, near as well as some other kits I have had that had some well engineered GRP (engineered plastic) parts.

That said, I would be more interested in a report after 150 to 200 flights.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:41 PM
soneebee

Default RE: Copter X 600E PRO

Its rare that I have seen heli use cap screws on the gears holder. most of the helis use philips screws for the main gear.. but cap screws for the frame is common...
yup i agree its best to test the helis performance in flight. 150 - 200 will be a real good shot, but I have never reached
way past 100 flights on any of my heli with my flying style.. most likely pass even 50 flights without replacing parts along the way....
the only flying that I know off that will last 150 - 200 without replacing parts is hovering.... and some flyouts, mild 3D (loops, rolls, flips).....

even with the best known brands.. I have not seen one that lasted that long on hard 3D flights... hehehehe.. even the master flies his high end heli
for only a few flights.. did not even last 5 flights without breaking down parts...

ORIGINAL: rotordoc1

Quality is a relative term. I am amazed to see any heli in the 600 class that uses philips screws instead of cap head screws. This alone causes me some concern about the type and quality of the aluminum used.

I have never judged any heli I have ever built by the looks of its parts out of the box. I judge them all by how they have held together after at least 200 flights.

Over the years, I have found that many kits that had some nice looking anodized CNC parts, did not perform in flight, or in low maintenance expectations, near as well as some other kits I have had that had some well engineered GRP (engineered plastic) parts.

That said, I would be more interested in a report after 150 to 200 flights.