Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

question about kitcutters in nevada?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

question about kitcutters in nevada?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 AM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about kitcutters in nevada?

anybody here know anything about kitcutters in nevada? i tried contacting them about a kit, used the "submit information form", did that twice, tried calling them, they don't answer their phone.they don't reply to e-mails. any ideas??? are they out of business, or just so financially set for life that they don't care to take any orders? just wondering if any one has any information on them. i have a set of dennis tapsfield plans for a 108" span anderson kingfisher i am wanting a full kit cut for. kitcutters shows the kit on their website, and thats the one i want.
i have heard of precision cut kits, and they seem to have a great reputation,but, they only show an 81" span kingfisher,and thats not the one i want to build. does precsion cut do kits from a persons own plans? any help would be great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68729.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1699786  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 AM
lazyace
My Feedback: (126)

Default RE: question about kitcutters in nevada?

try lazerworks 1 940 766 2667
Old 12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
48chebbie

well found out today that precision only cuts kits from there on hand drawings on file,and even though they have lots of RCM drawings on file, and, i even offered to send them the CAD file from RCM that i have on disc, they said, uh, no.and,they will not accept your own sets of plans,to cut from either. good to know from now on.
and, since kitcutters does not respond to messages,e-mails, or their phone, i have absolutely no interest in dealing with people like that.
i talked with ED at lazer works today, very nice and courteous gentleman, and he, will be getting my business.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just do a search here on RCU and you would have known not to bother, this just came up in the last week or two. I now always try to phone anyone I want to order anything from, no answer then no order. Same thing with email. If they can't handle a phone or puter then they sure can't handle my money.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the kitcutters website, they state that they are not taking orders for anything but plans. It's been this way, for the last few years.

http://www.kitcutters.com/
Old 12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
48chebbie

kit cutters actually sent a reply to my e-mail back today. said that if i placed an order now it would be at minimum april 2012 for delivery.