Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Whats the 1st thing you do upon returning from Iraq? Buy a Great Planes Revolver 70

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Whats the 1st thing you do upon returning from Iraq? Buy a Great Planes Revolver 70

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
weskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the 1st thing you do upon returning from Iraq? Buy a Great Planes Revolver 70

I just returned form deployent number 6 and while waiting for a plane to take me home I ordered me a welcome home present, a Great Planes Revolver 70....

I got home late on the 8th and it was waiting for me in the Garage...

Looks like a sweet plane,

I will try to post some pictures of the progress, so far it looks really built well.

man its great to be home...
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
oldtyme

Default RE: Whats the 1st thing you do upon returning from Iraq? Buy a Great Planes Revolver 70

weskel.............WELCOME HOME!!!!................AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
batdog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Whats the 1st thing you do upon returning from Iraq? Buy a Great Planes Revolver 70

Thanks for your service. batdog
Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
hrrcflyer

ORIGINAL: oldtyme

weskel.............WELCOME HOME!!!!................AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!
Weskel,

I couldn't have said it better myself.............

The Revolver 70 is a nice plane. Which motor are you going to put in it? I've seen on at the field where I fly and it has a DLE20 in it which flies the plane with no problems at all. Good luck with your build.........................

David
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if anyone deserves it, you guys do. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
greyfoxx

Glad you had a safe deployment and return home with that GP Revolver 70 waiting for you! You and all who serve deserve much, much more. Thanks to you and all who serve their country's call, and keep us informed on how the build and maiden on the Revolver 70 goes. It's one that I would consider myself!

Life has proven to me that; "Experience is a hard teacher. She always gives you the test first, and the lesson some time later!"
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

Thank you for your service, check out the "Larger Revolver" thread. Lots of great ideas and tips. It's a good plane.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
weskel

Thanks guys, much appreciated..

I have a used .91 four stroke I'm gonna use, from what Ive read that should do fine.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 PM
RCShadow

ORIGINAL: weskel

Thanks guys, much appreciated..

I have a used .91 four stroke I'm gonna use, from what Ive read that should do fine.
I have the utmost respect for ANYONE that can take that HELL HOLE once let alone that many times! My wife and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You have metal that I can only dream about. Hell, I lost my job three years ago and I have crap from that alone.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 AM
outdoorhunting

Great to have you home. We ALL thank you for you service to our country !! One hint, make sure ya give the wife MORE attention than the plane, at least for a little while. Hehehe Again, THANK YOU !!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM
weskel

Would you believe today was my maiden on my Revolver, three flights burning almost the whole tank each flight...

Awsome airplane, need to work on the idle some, I almost couldnt get it to land. It just kept floating, need to throttle it back some and do a better tune on the engine.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:40 AM
ThunderT
My Feedback: (18)

Great maiden and thanks again for your sacrifices.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 AM
outdoorhunting

Welcome home!!!! We thank you sooo much for your service. It's people like you that makes our country great. Thanks again !!! & God Bless you & your's
Old 12-18-2011, 06:06 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the successful flights.

Several months late, but Welcome Home. Thanks for your service.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

From a Desert Storm vet to you... Thanks for keeping us safe. The first thing I did when I got back was get drunk and have Pizza Hut.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Thank you for your service, dedication and spirit.   America needs more men like you.
God Bless you, and God Bless America.

Don