Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

surfaces :x

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
ricerkid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surfaces :x

this may be a dumb question but what is the best surface to drive these on? i was thinking really slick and smooth floors im presuming
Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 PM
wrighty8766

Default RE: surfaces :x

i drift at my work, its a painted warehouse floor and its sweet for it!

tried on tarmac and it seemed too unsteady, half way through a slide i kept on hitting small dents in the road and spinning out, started to quite frustrating after a few times!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
icedude1989

its true, on tarmac it gets quite unsteady unless its really fine 'grain' tarmac, otherwise find smooth concrete or polished parking lots. where i come from we dont have anywhere smooth to run so we end up running on tarmac and i agree, it gets frustrating and you end up not wanting to drift much then.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 PM
bigwill5686

Tennis courts are where its at in my opinion..tons of traction for nice controled drifting, smooth and groomed also, but you can burn through a set of tires in a single day because of the amount of grip you do get.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 AM
icedude1989

get raikou tyres. i have a the triple set. when i managed to jump on the roof  next to ours (we have flat roofs over here, we dont get snow )which is concrete slabs, i get lots of grip and ive had the tyres a long time and they havent worn out by a lot. and many have had them longer and run them harder than me and they say the same, check some other posts and u will see.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 AM
fastandloud

Id say the tennis courts at your local school are the best ive found altho warehouse concretes pretty sweet if you have acess to a spot. Underground parking garages are always nice. smoothers better when your gettin it sidewayz!!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

I run mine on pavment, on the road,and at parking lots. I dont have any parking garages or warehouses by me. I have no problems, in fact i like it when there is some small pebbles out there cuz it makes it look all that much real imo.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
kstmRYD

on blacktop (asphalt) smooth or even semi rough raikou D68, S45 or EX45's work...we use them on even rough surfaces like the pictures below, we have no problems keeping a slide or switching back. I like the S45's for really rough surfaces beccause the sidewall edges have a nice deep 45 degree cut so they slide right over rough spots