Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 AM
bkg1956

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Sorry...can't get the photos to upload. Don't know whats' up. Will try again later.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
bkg1956

OK...let's try this again. Here are the aforementioned photos of my Scream Machine scratch build. As mentioned, thinner airfoil/faster wing design, redesigned rudder/vertical stabilizer. Otherwise straight-forward and strong build. For my first attempt I can say it was a joy and I can't wait to fly her!

Thank you, Roger Purcell, for helping me find a style of flying that I totally enjoy and for taking hours of your time to talk to me, email me, and most fun of all share the sky with me!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xv63448.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1602597   Click image for larger version

Name:	av69004.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1602598   Click image for larger version

Name:	va72593.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1602599   Click image for larger version

Name:	wq43041.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1602600   Click image for larger version

Name:	qb36263.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1602601   Click image for larger version

Name:	wn87144.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1602602   Click image for larger version

Name:	hj89288.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1602603   Click image for larger version

Name:	xw76154.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1602604  

Click image for larger version

Name:	nm91380.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1602605   Click image for larger version

Name:	bn66607.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1602606  
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
bkg1956

Check out my video of the Scream Machine flying Memorial weekend. Winds a constant 15-20+ mph, with gusts of 25+!! Videoed using an iPhone by "The Boy" (my daughter's boyfriend). He had never filmed anything flying before, so he did a great job considering the circumstances.

At times it was like flying a kite, the wind was so strong. At one point you can hear me say, "Wow! This wind is crazy!" 'Cuz it was crazy!!

Full speed inside and outside snaps, Lomcevaks, high speed rolls, loops, inverted, the infamous "Death Dive," most all done at full throttle. The plane takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!

Powered with an OS .55AX, 7.5cc tuned pipe per Don Muddiman's specs. Powermaster 15%, McCoy MC-59 plug.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3Rgk7zeuM
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
screamrp

From Roger Purcell ( designer of the Scream Machine & The Electric version ( REAPER ) !!  Photos will be coming soon !! 
  Coming very soon in July, my Scream Machine REAPER Electric Plans will be available in a very unique way, I call it ( RTTP ) ready to trace plans. The plans or actually ( Templates ) will be on a sheet of Stick On Vinyl. So all you have to do is peal the part off and stick it on your Balsa wood etc. and start tracing.
  You will receive your plans in a (Tube) along with several sheets of Basic Instructions, Building Tips, Power supply set up I use personally, Fuselage Diagram showing where each type wood is used, etc.  BUT MAINLY !!  You will also get my Email address so you can immediately contact me and receive ALL photos showing how these planes are built, beginning to completely finished. You will have the best directions and photos to look at and reference to, far better than trying to scratch build off of blue print style plans.

This plane and the building of it, are for the advanced Pilot / Builder who wants more than the Market offers in any other Plane or ARF PERIOD. !!  Even if you're an average or above Pilot / Builder, once you have built this Plane you will be a Master Builder when finished, plus you will have learned WHY things are designed the way they are and you can apply this knowledge to all your future projects.
  Most guys in RC sort of hold back what they have learned, I don't. !!  I believe the heart of RC is to help others by sharing what you've learned the hard way, thus making it easier for others to advance faster and become the Future. !! - So if you're interested in The REAPER electric, let me know. !!  - email me at [email protected] ////////  Price is not yet known, but should have that info by July 15th. Thanks for reading !! - Roger Purcell THE KING of SCREAM !!  

Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 PM
screamrp

Scream Machine REAPER Electric by Roger Purcell

My Ready to Trace Templates ( Laser Cut on Stick on Vinyl sheet )are in production and ready to be sold & shipped as of the first of August. // You can buy them off of Ebay or go to Craigslist. The price there is 35.00 with Free Mailing anywhere in the Lower 48 States.You will receive everything in a Tube as stated in my other Forum. // This is the only way you will be able to have your own REAPER, you scratch build it yourself using the BEST, SIMPLEST way possible, just stick your Vinyl Templates on the Balsa wood size specified in the directions and photos, and get to work. You will become a Master Builder the easy way. !! // If you really want what no Hobby Shop can offer, or nobody else has, then buy the Scream Machine REAPER. !! It will dominate any Airfield you go to period. !! thanks Roger Purcell ~~ The King of Scream !! [email protected]

Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 PM
screamrp

ORIGINAL: screamrp

My Ready to Trace Templates ( Laser Cut on Stick on Vinyl sheet )are in production and ready to be sold & shipped as of the first of August. // You can buy them off of Ebay or go to Craigslist. The price there is 35.00 with Free Mailing anywhere in the Lower 48 States.You will receive everything in a Tube as stated in my other Forum. // This is the only way you will be able to have your own REAPER, you scratch build it yourself using the BEST, SIMPLEST way possible, just stick your Vinyl Templates on the Balsa wood size specified in the directions and photos, and get to work. You will become a Master Builder the easy way. !! // If you really want what no Hobby Shop can offer, or nobody else has, then buy the Scream Machine REAPER. !! It will dominate any Airfield you go to period. !! thanks Roger Purcell ~~ The King of Scream !! [email protected]

Name:	Bz77395.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	1650857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie97896.jpg
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	1650858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87595.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	1650859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66324.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	1650860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd44338.jpg
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	1650861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vl81330.jpg
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	1650862  
Old 10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
rcjunky67

ALL HAIL EL'PRESIDENTE!!!.... as a fellow SKY PIRATE,I can back all the claim's made by Mr. Purcell... Thisfrickin thing is wicked fast and super manouverable.I have only been involved inthis hobby for 2 yrs now,and as I'm sure the rest of you have,have checked out as many planes as I can see first hand or find any info on.And I can say without a shaddow of a doubt,that this thing is nut's.I have the utmost respect for Roger as a friend,pilot and mentor.Oh yeah,and he's pretty good at designing aircraft too.Sign me up Roger,I'd be honored to have one of these.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
screamrp

Thanks for your kind words and support fellow Sky Pirate !! I try to push the limit with Electrics and will soon have a MINI REAPER in the AIR ( Oct. 9th ) Ihope !?, powered by the Neu 1105/2Y -3.2 -5000KV Motor. I'm seeking Pylon plane speeds or close, yet fully aerobatic. This one shouldbe a real crowd pleaser, and you sure don't want to miss the CRASH if that happens. !! LOLS !! - thanks again Roger Purcell ~~~~Remember, never fall in love with a Plane / Take plenty of pictures, because that's all you'll have years from now. !!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
bkg1956

Roger , thanks for taking the time to write on this thread. I started it for fellow RC pilots to discover the Scream Machine and all it's variants. To have you active on the thread makes a huge difference!! This genre of high speed aerobatic aircraft is not just represented by one well-known plane, but also by planes like the SM, Reaper, and Mini Reaper!! Keep the designs coming, please!

I'll be posting pics of my new scratch built Big Green Scream Machine in a while!!!

Thanks to you, Roger!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 PM
screamrp

Thanks Kevin,
Guys like you are the ones who will keep this HIGH SPEED DARE THE GROUND wild aerobatic STYLEgoing on forever.A personhas to have that desire inside toNOT settle for planes that are just okay, or let yourself getstuck in a rut, you have to keep pushing yourself and planes to the MAX, you havewhat it takes for sure. // It makes me feel proud to watch you and others out there be motivated by my Scream Machine and keeppushing yourself harder all the time. Now I see you scratch building my Planes ( VERY WELL TOO ) andto me that is the ultimate compliment in this hobby. !! Thanks again. !!

I may be the King of SCREAM, but I will always be thankful that Don Muddiman taught me how to build andfly back in 1979'. I will alwaysbesecond to the MASTER Don Muddiman !!- Don and I are getting older, so it's up to you younger guys to NEVER settle with, that's good enough attitude. !! Have a great day !! and remember, keep your wheels to the sky, the stab to the ground, and FULL THROTTLE ALL THE TIME, you back off for nothing. !! -rp
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
tomski
My Feedback: (4)

For those of us that do not want an electric but want a nitro Scream Machine how do we get plans or templates for one?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
screamrp

Hi,
To get templates etc. please contact KEVIN GOZA (bkg1956) he has listings showning his Scream Machine scratch builds, plus Videos. // I sold Kevin all my templates for both the 44" wing version & the 50" wing version FUEL POWEREDScream Machines. He will be gladto help you !! Hope thishelps.- Roger Purcell The King ofSCREAM !!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 AM
bkg1956

Thanks Roger! Tomski, and others who want plans, I am in the process of creating new templates for the Scream Machine that are easier for me to get reproduced. Not what Roger is doing with the Reaper, but similar. I'll let you know ASAP!

Sorry for the delay!!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These are not speed planes. LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I flew the same plane in the 1990s for close to 10 years....Midwest Aerosport .20 with a few simple mods. With a Fox .40 and a Webra .50 it was a fun plane.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:53 AM
screamrp

Name:	Ki19322.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	1687704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47277.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	1687705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48720.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	1687706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79545.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	1687707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm74384.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	1687708  
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Pat Barnes

ORIGINAL: airraptor
These are not speed planes. LOL
Agreed! Nothing more than a quickie outline based fun ship. I was interested until the 'designer' started yelling at me in bold type...
Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
bkg1956

Uh...Pat...I know the 'designer.' Taught me more about flying than anyone else! Never fails to push me to my limits. He gives back to the hobby. If he wanted to 'yell' at you he wouldn't use bold print...He wouldn't hide behind a forum...He'd do it to your face!

You don't have to like our planes, but until you have at least flown something like a Scream Machine, you should keep uninformed opinions at check. No need to get personal.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Pat Barnes

Hi bkg

I'm not getting personal - just expressing my opinion. Just that people using bold on forum posts is just one the things I dislike, and I can't take Roger seriously when he signs his posts as the self proclaimed 'king of scream'! He may be joking, and I hope he is, as my other dislike is modellers who take themselves too seriously! I'm not hiding behind a forum - this is the only way we can share ideas across the oceans without forking out for airfares - I live in the UK. I've flown models like the Screamer, and then moved onwards and upwards to much better things - as a result, my opinions are not uninformed. I'm glad you like the Screamer, and hope it brings you everything you want in a model - it's just not for me. You should try a model capable of 220mph before judging me.

If you want a real 'screamer', have a look at this thread: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10657753/tm.htm[/link]

I suggest that Michael is the real 'King of Scream'! His models are much more 'my thing'!

Good luck with your Screamers - they look like a fun model, and having fun is what this hobby is all about at the end of the day.

Best regards - Pat
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 AM
screamrp

Hi to Pat & Airraptor, ( unfortunately emails don't show tone of voice, but this is sent in the kindest way )

This reply is sent to you both in order to hopefully set a few things straight. // I have never yelled at anyone in an Email, and I enjoy all peoples input up to the point where it becomes so misleading that it affects other newer folks to the Hobby. This I will respond to everytime.
First of all, the Scream Machine is my own design based on everything Don Muddiman taught me back in 1979- to 1986. Don went his way with different measurements, turtle backs, schrouded in motor, different rudder, (just look at his rudder compared to mine),Foam Wing,etc. // I went my way with a totally different wing Airfoil design of my own, a completely different rudder (just look at photos of both planes) vertical stab changed, and even more changes to the wing and fuselage TODAY to finally become the ELECTRIC REAPER SCREAM MACHINE, which by the way is a HIGH SPEED FULLY AEROBATIC PLANEthat you nor anyone else can possibly tear it up doing ANY wide open maneuver. It's also just asfast as the Jett-50 powered fuel version.////Now, how in the world can you or anyone else ever compare the Scream Machine or the Flying Machine to a Quickie 500 ??
So please look right now at a Quickie 500 !! don't you at least notice that it's a LOW WING, with a LONG coupled wing set up ?, That it has a very long fuselage leaning more toward a Pattern Plane ?, that's why it's good for drawing lines in the sky, that it also has a very weak horizontal wing that simply mounts on the fuselage surface ! ?( my rear wing mounts in asplitfuselage ) .The Quickie is not an aerobatic plane at all, it is never to be compared to a Scream Machine nor Flying Machine plane, it is exactlywhat you guys like, a fast YardDart. ! It will not and cannot do high speed aerobatics, REAL high G aerobatics, it will blow up in the sky andbecome Balsa dust if flown by me.
No, the Scream Machine is not a 180 to 220 mph VIP, or RIFLE PYLON PLANE, YARDDART !!those ARE FASTPlanes.!!But itand the Flying Machine to this day are still the fastest ( 125+ mph) fully aerobatic SPORT PLANESout there period that will take more than any pilot can dish out!! . No V-Tail, no Quickie, no Hots, nothing comes close, I know because I've flown them all. // It's a shame you all willnever have the chanceto FEEL the precise, smooth, rapid direction changes of a Scream Machine at unbelieveable speed. // Like my Ad says; This is NOT just another Stick. !!
In closing let me say this; I love this Hobby, I share with anyoneall I've learned the hard way to get to where I'm at today. // I had no one else to turn to and ask what do I do next to gain more speed, a lighter wing, never overheat my electronics, and still maintain aplane that can live up to the name SCREAM MACHINE.
I've done NOON time Air Shows all over Florida at 16 AirFields over the years, you know you've done a good show when folks come up toyou and say; Man, I've never seen anybody fly like that except DON MUDDIMAN !! To me that's the greatest compliment I could ever receive. Don taught me in 1979, we are still like brothers today, talk every week, and I have always been right on his butt when itcomes to flying. And whenyou think you're ready toOUT fly him !! he will just TURN UP THE VOLUME !!pisses me off !! LOLS !! He is the best, but I'll take second place any day.
So for now, I will remain THE KING OF SCREAM !! until some one UN-SEATS ME !! LOLs // P/S I'm sure AIRRAPTOR isn't a true Raptor, but I'll bet he is. !! -and I'll bet Mr. FLYINGMACHINE uses that name because he probably is a really HOT Pilot too. !! All thesenames and fellow RC Pilots are having FUN !! That's what it is all about. All I ask is please don't put out information that leads other folks down the wrong path, or possiblyhelps close their minds to ALL other fun possibilities.- signed; ROYALHIGHLY EXALTED ONE of DeLAND, FL. - ME!! roger p.// was that bettter ?? LOLs

Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 AM
screamrp

Hi, I did go check out your suggested Web-Site showing the Twin powered scratch built, BEAUTIFUL work for sure. !! // I just hope the twin fuselage TAILS can take the force ofa full UP elevator without snapping off. !! HMMMMM ?? I'm lazy though, I'djust go buy a DUALIST(remember those) ? Great for speed though, but like you, it's not my thing, I still go for High Speed Aerobatic dare the ground wild maneuvers using smaller planes of my own design.
And today after re-thinking my last reply to you; I got up, looked in the mirror, did a quick self analysis and couldn't find a single thing wrong !! I looked perfect !!
So I carefully reconsidered my position in this Hobby !! and came up once again, I AMTHE KING OF SCREAM !! LOLs !! Now thats funny, I don't care who you are. !! (quote - Larry the Cable Guy )
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
bkg1956

Here is a YouTube video I shot yesterday with Roger Purcell flying his electric versions of the Scream Machine, The Reaper, and his latest creation, the Mini Reaper. Windy day (20-25 mph according the the air sock at the airfield next door). Tough to get low to the ground and it was difficult for Roger to keep it in close. I was filming using my iPhone so I had no zoom capabilities. We'll do a better one in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEtW3SkYBVY
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 AM
lomcevoc
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin
Hello, have you checked your PM's? I have sent you several over the last few months, please advise. Great video!

Thanks
lom
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
bkg1956

Oops! Lom I haven't! So sorry!! Ãœber busy. Will do. Need to check my notifications settings.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
lomcevoc
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bkg1956

Oops! Lom I haven't! So sorry!! Ãœber busy. Will do. Need to check my notifications settings.
Kevin, thanks.
PM sent.

lom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.