Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

50cc Reactor

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:31 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Reactor

the reactor is a great airplane, the only thing that i see on my field with the people that has it is the landing gear...one of them almost broke 1-2 22x8 propeller by weekend..., the LG seems to be very soft and bend very easy....any solution to this guys?.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

I recently bought a 50cc Reactor from a buddy of mine (just the airframe). He dumped the plane once when his engine died in a hover. Needless to say the metal landing gear got sprung. Now the landing gear is weak, and I'm afraid of a prop strike. I love the way the aircraft flies, just not too happy with the landing gear. Does anyone offer a carbon fiber version for this aircraft?
Thanks for the help
Kevin
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to TNT and order a aluminum gear with the same measurements of your current gear. Use 1/4" stock and add two inches to the height. Thats what I did on my Reactor. Part of the problem with their gear is that its not tall enough for a 23" prop when running a DLE55. You need the extra height to avoid prop strikes. Jerry.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM
stanordave

I love my Reactor but the gear is bad. If the mount is solid, run a music wire from one side to the other (did this on mine and never had a problem after) to keep the gear from spreading. Otherwise, cut in and put a new mount and use another gear - I used a CF left over from another plane on my 2nd Reactor and its still going strong.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 AM
timLQ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've broken out my gear mount 3 times now on dead sticks. The hot glue that they are using just seems to give out and the gear rips out. These landings are not even that hard. It just seems too weak in the mount area. Guess I will order anther fuse...4's a charm.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 PM
ramoooo
My Feedback: (6)

Hi guys,

I have a reactor and ever time I come to a Hover it requires a lot of constant elevator to keep the nose from dropping towards the Belly.
My other 50cc are usually hand off in the elevator. I can bring it a foot of the ground but its always needs a lot of elevator.
I was wondering if any of you experienced the same thing and How to correct it ?
also have any of you increased the right thrust with washers ?
I put a 2 1/2 bars of lead in the tail becuase its way nose heavy.
I appreciate anyones help on the hover issue.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Do everything you can to move the CG towards the rear. Mine has a fair amout of lead in the rear but it still flys nice. I'm considering putting a hatch in the bottom so I can move the batteries more to the rear, and lose some of the lead.