Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM
dchomie87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Its been a long time since I have been on here... Great jobs on the trucks looking real nice fella's. So since I last posted the truck has undergone complete teardown and rebuild with some mods. I'm in the process of putting piggyback shocks on it. Painted both upper deck and chassis plate stainless and new wheels and tires. I will upload a pic a little bit later my phone won't let me do it now for some reason. But I have found myself in tuff situation... I need some opinions either upgrade the storm with new motor and various other parts or go after a different truck... If I go with a new truck I'm thinking savage XL or the flux 2350... What do you guys think? I know some of you may have these other trucks I'm considering so I need some input. Or if anyone has any other suggestions I open ears. I want something faster and durable enough to take the beating I'd put to it ....
Old 12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
speed lover

Should look at a Hobao Pirate that's a cool truck and tuff. Those integy piggy back shocks I have had too tight a seal on the shaft and were really stiff I took out 2 plastic washers that sit between the rubber o rings and that freed them up they work great now low resistance and way smoother.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
speed lover

Just remembered that my Cen Genesis had like a paste inside it and the outer coil of the plug would get metal attached to it like when the engine is new and you first break it in. I took it apart and found a chunk of metal had came off where the wrist pin is on the bottom of the piston but I can't see a G3 engine doing this I would check for metal build up on your plug after run in this is what always happens change it for a new one and change to 20% the nitro aids in cooling the engine. But yeh nitro bob said it give a good look at the inside mabe even whash it out with some fuel.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
nitro-rob

I have a flux HP and and XL and love both of them.  The HP is pretty new but it will get 100x more driving time than the nitro despite an equal love for both of them.  I say go flux.  On 4s its insane and the 2350 is a little faster.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
fireguy24

<textarea style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;top:0;lef t:0;right:0;bottom:0"></textarea><textarea style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;top:0;lef t:0;right:0;bottom:0"></textarea>
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
dchomie87

Well went the to the lhs after work talked to a couple of guys and determined what I really wanted was something faster that could run mostly street but would be able to handle a beating. some of the guys recommended the stampede vxl but I really want a 4wd version of the firestorm. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I put that truck through hell and all that has broke in almost two years has been rear control arms. Aside from the whole front end when I ran straight into a parking block at 3/4 top speed because I was being an idiot. But honestly the most reliable truck ever. So I am looking for a 4wd electric stadium truck brushless would be nice but not a requirement. Preferably around 3 to 4 hundred RTR would be nice, since I can't get receivers for my radio anymore.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:21 PM
nitro-rob

What about a small monster truck?  The Flux XS is great, just dump the electronics.  Its a great complement to my firestorm.  Check out the thread on here.  There is also the HPI bullet which comes brushed or nitro.  Hobby shops will always recommend traxxas.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
fireguy24

Hey guys, I'm new to rc cars. I just picked up a firestorm and cant get it started at all. I've primed the motor and had the glow plug starter on. I've followed the manual and the HPI dvd. What am i doing wrong?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
RustyTumbles

is the glow starter charged?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:55 AM
fireguy24

Yes it has a new battery in it. I've checked both glow plugs and they ignite.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 AM
dchomie87

Ok... I put the savage clutch in my storm and I was wondering if any body else had the problem with the clutch bell not fitting all the way over the clutch shoes? And did you use the storm collect for the flywheel or the one that comes with the clutch kit?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM
speed lover

Put a coulple of drops of fuel in the cylinder or take the filter off put your finger over the carb open to full throttle pull the cord make sure the fuel goes in the engine then try again with starting it mine was the same fuel goes upto carb but hardly any went in the engine. so it would not start.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

Fire guy. Is the truck new or used.

Dchomie. What brand of receiver are you looking for. I cant help you out with your wuestion as I have never used the g 3.0 on any of my storms.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
dchomie87

Its cool I destroyed my carb on the 3.0 so that's hittin the back burner... For the time being I'm going after the bullet st flux for the time being until I can get the dynamite .19 for my storm...
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 AM
dchomie87

But to answer your concerns I'm rocking the Jr xs3 pro and I need the 72 MHz receiver.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 AM
fireguy24

the truck is new out of the box....im stumped or just not understanding it. Im going to head to my local hobby shop today. Im dying to run this thing.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM
nitro-rob

Fireguy - go back to basics.  Did you prime the truck when you tried to start it? If the glow plug glows brightly and there aren't any obvious air or fuel leaks then check fuel.  Take the line off of the carb and put your finger over the exhaust and pull the truck a few times and check for flow or bubbles.  Glow plugs can glow and not be hot enough, try another higher rated battery or borrow one from someone that has a rechargeable.  

If you have been trying to fire it up and fuel has been getting in the engine you should be doing an after-run oiling.  Its not just for when the truck runs.

Good advice is to make sure the piston is at the bottom of its stroke when not in use.  You can feel when the piston is not near or at the top of the stroke easily by turning the flywheel.  Even better advice is to put it at the bottom before the engine cools when you stop running.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Road Warrior

Thats a bummer man. I still have one of the first digital jr controlles with 2 receivers. It is the jr xr3 with 75.830mhz crystals. 3 yrs ago I paid 70 for a new receiver and then bought the spektrum
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
dchomie87

Well the bullet has yet to come to america and no one seems to know when its gonna be here so what do you guys think of the slash 4x4...
Old 01-04-2012, 06:33 PM
fireguy24

Well i got the storm up and running. I went to my lhs and it turned out to be bad fuel. Shame on me for trusting what tower sent.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
speed lover

Bad fuel lol you must be happy you got it running what do you think of the fire?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
djyjrlz

what sort of shock oil setup would you reccomend? i'm starting from scratch with the car and forgot to note the thickness of the standard stuff.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
fireguy24

well i like the storm so far......im still breaking the motor in since im so busy. I ran one tank thru then my second just at half throttle. it cut out and it won't start. I can get it to fire up but it runs like the idle is high then dies. i've adjusted the idle screw but im stumped now.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Road Warrior

The stock oil is real light like about 40wt but i'd bump it up to about 60 or so. Fire guy it sounds lean which might not be so maybe a air leak.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:26 PM
speed lover

Maybe check the silicone tubes for slices or pin holes. Maybe check the bolts are tight on the head. And that the plug is in tight. after that I would check the Carb does not have anything blocking it like a piece of dirt in the jet. I think it will be a simple problem just got to find it maybe even check you glow start had mine go flat real quick a few times Prolux have one you can connect to a 12V car battery thats what I use so many times I had a glow just die on me. I though the weight of the shock oil was around 10w on front and 15w on back might be wrong though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.