Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best upgrades/hop-ups for E-Maxx 3905

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 01:36 PM
MagnusNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best upgrades/hop-ups for E-Maxx 3905

Hey!
I have the E-Maxx 3905 and I wondered which upgrades/hop-ups would be the best to make the car mor durable and better overall.
Please send links or names. I can use 100 us dollars max for everything. Any suggestions?
thanks in advance!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best upgrades/hop-ups for E-Maxx 3905

Invest in some glow plugs, so you dont have to buy them later. The stock shock towers on the T-Maxx are pretty fragile, so get some aluminum ones of those. Maybe some RPM a-arms? I would also suggest a high torque steering servo, my personal favorite is the Futaba S3305, at $35.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Invest in some glow plugs, so you dont have to buy them later. The stock shock towers on the T-Maxx are pretty fragile, so get some aluminum ones of those. Maybe some RPM a-arms? I would also suggest a high torque steering servo, my personal favorite is the Futaba S3305, at $35.
he said e-maxx [&:]

To the OP basically ignore the part about the glowplugs rest of what he said is fine lol
Old 12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Link119
My Feedback: (1)

Hop up as things break...
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

he said e-maxx [&:]

To the OP basically ignore the part about the glowplugs rest of what he said is fine lol
Oh well... same difference.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:24 PM
pyromatic177

Get RPM everything. There practically indestructible with a lifetime warranty
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Slo-V Flyer

The only parts I upgraded on my older model E-maxx were the rear aluminum bulkhead pieces, but left the plastic shock tower on (rather have IT break than transfer the stress down to something annoying to fix). Along with that, I upgraded all the center / outer axles to some CVDs. MIP brand for the rear for $30, and then $30 eBay ones for 2 center, and the 2 front. Admittedly the eBay ones seem to not be as smooth (the front axles seem to have a bit more friction if that makes sense, and can pop out now and then). But with that said, I have never had them break.

I also bought RPM front bumper which seems to have helped protect the front lower skid plate from snapping easily (broke 2 back to back in a few days time before getting the RPM front bumper). The RPM front bumper has a U shaped bar that goes down and back along the front skid plate for a short distance, which helps keep it from snapping.

Also, not sure I remember any more, but if you have a 3905 it should already have the new tougher single-spd transmission, otherwise you want to get some steel idlers for the transmission too (again, I am not sure if the newer 2-spd has plastic idlers like my older one did, which stripped after a long time).

I jumped my Emaxx and did high speed runs, wheelies etc., on pavement and grass, some mixed dirt, and have not had anything other than the above mentioned parts replaced/upgraded.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 PM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

The only parts I upgraded on my older model E-maxx were the rear aluminum bulkhead pieces, but left the plastic shock tower on (rather have IT break than transfer the stress down to something annoying to fix). Along with that, I upgraded all the center / outer axles to some CVDs. MIP brand for the rear for $30, and then $30 eBay ones for 2 center, and the 2 front. Admittedly the eBay ones seem to not be as smooth (the front axles seem to have a bit more friction if that makes sense, and can pop out now and then). But with that said, I have never had them break.

I also bought RPM front bumper which seems to have helped protect the front lower skid plate from snapping easily (broke 2 back to back in a few days time before getting the RPM front bumper). The RPM front bumper has a U shaped bar that goes down and back along the front skid plate for a short distance, which helps keep it from snapping.

Also, not sure I remember any more, but if you have a 3905 it should already have the new tougher single-spd transmission, otherwise you want to get some steel idlers for the transmission too (again, I am not sure if the newer 2-spd has plastic idlers like my older one did, which stripped after a long time).

I jumped my Emaxx and did high speed runs, wheelies etc., on pavement and grass, some mixed dirt, and have not had anything other than the above mentioned parts replaced/upgraded.
I agree with this mostly. I have a 3905. Do this I promise, unless you suck at driving, you won't break it again. Golden Horizon sells aluminum bulk heads, buy front and rear. They also sell the chassis braces. Buy them aluminum also. Then ebay the skid plates (aluminum). This will keep you from snapping chassis or bulk heads which is the hardest repair on this truck. DO NOT buy aluminum shock towers. They will bend. Buy RPM shock towers, a arms and bumpers. It's now bullet proof. I have the Tekin RX8 with 2250kv motor, trust me, there is no need to upgrade any drive train parts. Again, though, unless your not very good at driving. Then if there is a need to replace CVD's, do as you break them. I've run stock drivetrain for over a year now with only 1 broken axle.