Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

hobby king nitro ducati.... help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobby king nitro ducati.... help

hi guys, i bought a hobby king (victory hawk) nitro ducati a few weeks back and iv had nothing but trouble with it, i know you get what u pay for and they are a rip-off of the thunder tiger bikes but i could not resist for $170au. Anyway iv had about 15 years experance with nitro engines and for the life of me i cant get this thing to stay running, a few seconds after i take the igniter off it dies every time. iv replaced the plug 3 times, leaned it out (thought it may have just been too rich), had the engine and exhaust out to inspect it for air leaks ect, and the clutch is all good. They run a .15 engine with a HSN, a idle needle, but it has NO LOW SPEED NEEDLE (never seen a nitro engine with no lsn b4). the only way i can run it is i leave the igniter connected, and thats no good. anyone seen this b4, iv had it with this thing, any ideas why it wont run?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
hyper701

Default RE: hobby king nitro ducati.... help

never mind, got it going......... now the oneway in the starter is buggered!!! oh well guess i will end up replacing everything with tt parts in the end.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
almaidah

what i did was take my rotar starter off and use a drill and put the one way bearing in a socket and start it like that
Old 12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
hyper701

yeah thats what im thinking, did that once b4 with an old rc10 gt2.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buggered? pull rope, recoil or bearing? if its the bearing a simple clean and gentle sanding of the starter shaft and it should work just fine, if its the recoil, eh, thats a bit tougher to fix.

how are these bikes anyway? never owned a bike but they do look interesting.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
wuhouse
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

buggered? pull rope, recoil or bearing? if its the bearing a simple clean and gentle sanding of the starter shaft and it should work just fine, if its the recoil, eh, thats a bit tougher to fix.

how are these bikes anyway? never owned a bike but they do look interesting.
I just got the same unit from Hobbyking. First and foremost, you gotta strip the entire thing down to pieces and rebuild everything with theadlock. Secondly, make sure to swap the stock plug for an OS A3 plug. This will ease the engine issues by a fair bit. Last but not least, make sure to adjust the tension of the chain and correct the steering damper's measurement according to that of the Thundertiger Ducati. Cheers.