Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Pattern Airplane/Hydeout

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
mjduet
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattern Airplane/Hydeout

I just came into the ownership of a Hydeout 2m Pattern airplane. Traded it for a 50CC size Yak-54 that had been using up floor space in my shop for over a year. Now, I don't plan on fly any competive aerobatics, but it looks like something I could enjoy flying. The airplane is complete, all radio gear and engine (YS140). Only problem, no manual. If any one knows what the recommended CG location should be and what travel the control surfaces should be set for I would appeciate if you would share this information with me. Or just tell me where I can fid it. I've been all over the internet, but so far no luck.

Thanks, Morris
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 PM
toddblose
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Pattern Airplane/Hydeout

Morris,
CG will be on the tube and Low rate for ail and elev. need to be 10 deg and High rate ail. 20 deg and elev. 15 deg. Set expo at 25% low on both ail and
elev. and 40% on High. Rudder needs all the throw you can get and 45 to 50% expo. That is a good place to start..

Todd
Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM
mjduet
My Feedback: (23)

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I have a place to start.

Thanks,

Morris
Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 AM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

I remember that mine trimmed better with CG around 1/4" in front of the forward edge of wing tube.